I need to encrypt games please help

Moricano

Jan 30, 2019
Does anyone know how to encrypt a Ren'py game.
I always use the UnRen file to decrypt Ren'Py games so that I can access all scripts to translate subtitles.
However after this process when I finished all the translation of the scripts I wish I could encrypt again, because it encrypted decreases the size when compressing in WinRar.
If anyone knows and can help me thank you in advance.

Alguem sabe como criptografar um jogo Ren'py.
Uso sempre o arquivo UnRen para descriptografar jogos Ren'Py para poder ter acesso a todos script para fazer a tradução das legendas.
Porem apos este processo quando acabo toda a tradução dos script eu queria poder criptografar de novo, pois ele criptografado diminui o tamanho na hora de comprimir no WinRar.
Se alguem souber e poder me ajudar agradeço desde já.

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
Let Ren'py do the job work for you.
If you have properly generated the translation files, you already have the SDK set up (its version should match the developer's one).
Open it, select the project, click "Build Distributions", select which packages you want to build (at least PC: "Windows and Linux"), click Build and wait.
What goes inside archive.rpa depends on what is written inside game\options.rpy. Its syntax is explained .
Boa sorte!

Last edited:
Reactions: Papa Ernie

Moricano

Jan 30, 2019
Let Ren'py do the job work for you.
If you have properly generated the translation files, you already have the SDK set up (its version should match the developer's one).
Open it, select the project, click "Build Distributions", select which packages you want to build (at least PC: "Windows and Linux"), click Build and wait.
What goes inside archive.rpa depends on what is written inside game\options.rpy. Its syntax is explained .
Boa sorte!
Oh ok I will try to do that then, if it works it will greatly reduce the final size of the translated game because after being decrypted it becomes huge and to be released on the servers for people to download the game ...... there is a game that raises the I also have a lot of translation ... thanks for the tip, testing here today in games that already have translations ready ...
Thanks for your attention, friend, have a good weekend. (y)

Reactions: scrumbles

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
You too.

As for the .RPA having a smaller file size, it's because the images are PNGs, I guess.
You could decrease it even more, if you converted all the images into JPGs or, even better, webPs - while keeping their file extension.
I suggest the webP format because it has a higher quality/file size ratio than the JPG one.

Most games hosted on this site come with a compressed version, which means that the images are already compressed. Check the first post of the game thread: if there is a link to the compressed version, you can just download it and add your translation files to it; if not, you can convert the files by using Bas' cruncher or another software (e.g. IrfanView).
The converting process is lossy though: that is, it will (more or less) reduce the image quality.
If you want to know more about this, you can read CobraPL's tutorial.

Btw, being the JPGs/webPs already optimized, creating an RPA archive doesn't considerably decrease the file size of the game. You can skip that passage and just zip the folder.

PS: videos can be heavy too. Bas' cruncher takes care of them as well.

Last edited: