• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

(I need help with) How to use VNR or Visual Novel Reader

anormiedude

Mar 8, 2018
Hi fellows,

I recently found out about VNRs and naturally tried it out. I downloaded the zip, extracted it and added the game i wanted to play on the dashboard. Then the started just fine but no translations. The thing is i'm having difficulties with the setting of the VNR.... which dict to install, which boxes to tick etc. I'm stuck.

Can someone help me with the setup of VNR. Also what kind of games can this program can be used with (i mean can i use it for simulation games..those touching kind ones). Are there some newer, easier substitutes for VNR in the market these days i should know about.

I downloaded my VNR from :
and game i'm trying it with is : ( )
In shape of guide i looked to:

Thanks for Viewing.

Sorry for any kinds of mistake i did, relating of this post.

Reactions: serialbelt

lobotomist

Sep 4, 2017
its been a while since i installed vnr but if i recall correctly there were a few tutorials on the web that i followed, might wanna look those up

DarkMask

Oct 16, 2017
Don't use VNR, its old and buggy.

Instead use the following.

and Translation Aggregator.

You can get a working updated version of TA in this thread.

Reactions: Pringlesrock

anormiedude

Mar 8, 2018
@DarkMask Thank you for replying. I downloaded both of them...so are they stand alone programs or is there some typical installation process involving both?

Sorry for the noob question, really.

And plz do tell if this Textractor can be used with any type of game or not?

EDIT : I got Textractor working but TA still a mystery.

DarkMask

Oct 16, 2017
Have TA running and make sure to enable "Automatic Clipboard Translation" on the Original box. In Textractor make sure to have the Copy to Clipboard extension enabled and you'll be good to go.

shadowfoot

Nov 20, 2018
Is there an alternative to TA or a way to fix it? I've been using it for years and recently the google tab kinda dies after about 5 mins. The other tabs work but I can understand google better. I'm pretty sure I have the latest version"Translation Aggregator 2016.09.08.r184"

shadowfoot

Nov 20, 2018
I thought that the update was supposed to be in the first post on the page. I got it now. Thank you for sharing, the google tab has been bothering me for a while now.

sacromesagi

Aug 25, 2018
I don't want to necro but I tried following the link to download the latest version of TA and it seems to be down, I can't manage to find an up to date versione of TA that lets me use google translate, could you help me?

danso22

Jun 8, 2019
Hi, I just started trying out the Textractor and the TA but it's not really working for me...

Does these programs support PPSSPP?

DarkMask

Oct 16, 2017
I recommend using though other people still use Visual Novel Reader (VNR) which is pretty old, unsupported and buggy. Though to be fair, I was using it too until I discovered Textractor. The author also created a couple videos showing how to use it and how to find and add your own hooks.

Textractor does have built-in translation but I also as it supports multiple sites and auto-translates whatever is copied. Here's my copy of Translation Aggregator that pulls from for different sources.

https://attachments.f95zone.to/2019/05/325080_Translation_Aggregator_2018.07.21.r190.rar

Reactions: DannyhelMont

FraZean

May 8, 2018
I recommend using though other people still use Visual Novel Reader (VNR) which is pretty old, unsupported and buggy. Though to be fair, I was using it too until I discovered Textractor. The author also created a couple videos showing how to use it and how to find and add your own hooks.

Textractor does have built-in translation but I also as it supports multiple sites and auto-translates whatever is copied. Here's my copy of Translation Aggregator that pulls from for different sources.

https://attachments.f95zone.to/2019/05/325080_Translation_Aggregator_2018.07.21.r190.rar
Thanks, i'll try

Sep 6, 2017
Too bad "Visual Novel Reader" stopped getting updates, but i still use it.
I can't get into agregator, hooker or any of those translators, they look weird, and completely ruin the experience of the novel.

And up until today, i have not have any problem with VNR, so i will keep using it.
To bad it doesn't translate choices.

Nov 9, 2017
I can't get any of it to work. the hook translation looks like the wrong language. is there an up-to-date tutorial on setup and use?