I need a bit of input for a project....

What method do you prefer in games regarding attribute changes, quest/story progression and alike:

• Keep me in the dark - i love surprises

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • If it is important let me clearly know about stuff

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • Give me a few hints here and there so i can use my brain

Votes: 22 37.3%
  • I want a clear explanation for core mechanics - i figure out the rest by myself

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Who needs info? I am code-savy and simply dig it out of your source code

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Neither of the above - i just use a cheat engine to overcome obstacles

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CavDaKnight

Jun 1, 2017
I've played a few games from this site. I've a few favorites and a few I want to find the developer and bash his head in with his keyboard. Games where you need to grind endlessly to get anywhere isn't gaming, its a chore, and no one likes doing chores. Changing aspects of a game mid way through development is fine, just let folks know about it. Don't need to give them the bread and butter of the change, just let them know about the change and they can see for themselves. We are all adults (hopefully), and can usually figure things out on our own.

Most of the games here are pretty straight forward. You play as a gentleman, your going to go places. You decide to play as a dick and your going to get Lorena Bobbitt'ed....There are a few that have multiple endings, depending how you play. Walkthroughs, while I don't use them, are very nice to have for games like this. Gives you a chance to see every angle of the game, which the developer wants. I don't mind hitting the new game button a few times to alter my gameplay and see the other routes of a game. Hell I've played Fallout 4 so many times now, with each faction more than a half dozen times. Its all about keeping the game interesting enough to keep the gamer wanting to play more. Mods are why I play Fallout 4 so much. Trainer games want me to slit my own wrist, thank god for nice people who make mods for those.

Be different, or at least, try to be. Hard to do in this day and age with anything. Movies are being rebooted from old cult classics, tv shows the same thing it seems. Games are no different. Try to add something new to your game, that no one has done before, or has been very little of it done so as not to be a rinse and repeat of another game. Most folks just want to kill an hour or so of time between doing things. Giving them a positive experience always a good thing.

P.S - Make a game like Big Brother I'll find you and kill you with a spork!

Last edited:

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
@CavDaKnight Getting threatened with a spork is a new one - added to my list of favourite ways to die now :D

The project is ongoing already but due to some additional design parameters i have to adjust one way or another now. On the FO4 note: Making a Bethesda game a sex game is easy - making a sex game like a Bethesda game is pretty much out of reach for most of us.

Reactions: CavDaKnight

CavDaKnight

Jun 1, 2017
Its probably a good thing I don't have FO4 on PC and am stuck with a Xbone...I spend WAYYYYYYY too much time as it is making female characters...if I had access to clothing/armor, or lack there off in some cases, as the PC people do from NexusMods, I'd be months into the game and haven't left Sanctuary Hills yet..would suck to be Preston and the gang.

Reactions: Krull and toolkitxx

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
I would like to thank everyone who participated in the poll. It made my decision process a lot easier.

To the gods with rights:This can be closed now!