• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN I can't play Japanese VNs, Locale Emulator Doesn't Work.

allura404

Nov 7, 2019
I bought a new pc. On my old pc, I could play Japanese VNs with Locale Emulator without any problems. Even though I installed Locale Emulator on my new pc, the games don't open. What is the problem? Windows 10 OS

Tuber2077

Mar 16, 2020
you made sure you open the games with locale emulator using admin mode? i know thats one of the main things that trips people up.

Lui may

Dec 12, 2021
It seems LE has a poor compatibility with newer versions of win10. So one way is to roll back to old version(I'm still using 1903ver).

Last edited:
Reactions: allura404

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
I bought a new pc. On my old pc, I could play Japanese VNs with Locale Emulator without any problems. Even though I installed Locale Emulator on my new pc, the games don't open. What is the problem? Windows 10 OS
Locale emulator isn't the best solution, many games will require you to change your system locale.
Here is how you do it, it won't mess with dates or anything on your system if you do it right and all games should run natively without emulators.