Dr_Kek

Oct 15, 2020
im not into furry but the char i see on the pictures might convert me, is it full fur only or is there option for lower kind of anthro?

Dr_Kek

Oct 15, 2020
is there a way to fast travel? i try clicking on things, using e etc on the map but it dont seems to work, im all the way to amber wood lol

anyway, for now im having fun with it

Jun 20, 2018
Oh, man, what an interesting indie game!
Wow; I adore your formatting. I find reviews important to take into consideration, so I do my best to read them when trying to learn more about a piece of media that caught my attention, but I don't know that I've ever *enjoyed* reading a review until this very moment. I'm in awe. I sincerely hope to read more from you in the future should you ever end up making more.

• Hey there
Reactions: Phanatic

Phanatic

Jan 29, 2019
Wow; I adore your formatting. I find reviews important to take into consideration, so I do my best to read them when trying to learn more about a piece of media that caught my attention, but I don't know that I've ever *enjoyed* reading a review until this very moment. I'm in awe. I sincerely hope to read more from you in the future should you ever end up making more.
Thank you! <3
I'm glad that I haven't wasted ~6 hours of my life writing, re-reading, re-writing, formatting and fixing grammar for nothing :p. Since it was a giant chunk of text I tried to make it comfortable to read for people who are interested in such information. Glad to see some people even get to enjoy it, makes my day a little bit happier.)

I did plan to make the same style reviews for Kobold Adventure, Teraurge, Wild Life and Carnal Instinct right after this one but somehow instead I ended up writing a fan fiction about (Ruby) one of the Kobold Adventure's characters (that ended up with 30 unrefined pages of script being around 50% of what I have in mind for it), then my interest jumped back on my comic and now I'm writing script for my own nsfw game project... It's really hard to hold yourself when your head literally bursts with endless ideas and wishes to write (artists'/writers' curse with hundreds unfinished projects) o_O.

Anyway thanks, I'm glad that you enjoyed my little review. I still want to write reviews for other games at some point, so watch out for them in the future :KappaPride:.

Jun 20, 2018
Thank you! <3
You're welcome! It's obvious at a glance just how much time was put into that, and for whatever it's worth, it definitely left an impact on me. I've actually heard of all four of the games you've brought up. I've only played two of them, personally, but even still, there must be some overlapping qualities there pulling us both in. I haven't played Kobold Adventure in a long time, though, so I sadly can't recall the characters by name, but that sounds like a pretty cool endeavor. Writing projects always tend to go that way, though, don't they? Countless pages of discordant thoughts, only to wind up with somewhere around five finalized pages when all's said and done. Haha. Either way, no pressure of course, but I'd be more than happy to see more of your thoughts on other games, so your interest in the pursuit leaves me very excited.

It's awesome that you're writing for both a comic and a game too! I know it seems unproductive to some to bounce between ideas like that, and it's true that not many end up being finalized this way, but the thing is: some do. What's more, the creative expression is still very much there. So long as you don't get hung up on the "what if"s and "why didn't I"s, it can be just as fulfilling as sticking with a single project to its conclusion. I bounce between a handful of set ideas for writing, game projects, video-editing, and all else have you fairly regularly. Sure, they're all slow going, but they're all still important to me, and have stuck with me a while. They grow as I do, and that's okay. That said, seeing a project of yours finalized is a feeling like no other, and I wish you luck on your endeavors!

zaf0r

Apr 10, 2021
anyone know how to get around editing save files with Notepad++
use binary editor and don't change any number/string/overall file length. So u can earn 100 drakes, change that number to 999 in editor, load the game, make 10 heaps of 100 drakes, change them all to 999 in editor..and so on - that's what I tried and succeeded. Or u'll need to discover the savefile inner structure somehow..which seems to be nearly impossible as u don't even know how to edit binaries properly :)

Reactions: OutlawTexasRed

Point787

Sep 16, 2021
Thank you! <3
I'm glad that I haven't wasted ~6 hours of my life writing, re-reading, re-writing, formatting and fixing grammar for nothing :p. Since it was a giant chunk of text I tried to make it comfortable to read for people who are interested in such information. Glad to see some people even get to enjoy it, makes my day a little bit happier.)

I did plan to make the same style reviews for Kobold Adventure, Teraurge, Wild Life and Carnal Instinct right after this one but somehow instead I ended up writing a fan fiction about (Ruby) one of the Kobold Adventure's characters (that ended up with 30 unrefined pages of script being around 50% of what I have in mind for it), then my interest jumped back on my comic and now I'm writing script for my own nsfw game project... It's really hard to hold yourself when your head literally bursts with endless ideas and wishes to write (artists'/writers' curse with hundreds unfinished projects) o_O.

Anyway thanks, I'm glad that you enjoyed my little review. I still want to write reviews for other games at some point, so watch out for them in the future :KappaPride:.
I absolutely adore your well written review, too bad you wasted almost 20 hours of your life playing this game. I'm visiting this page once a year, and must say, nothing really changing from year to year. Developers clearly stated ages ago, that they aren't interested making full lewd game, hence the lack sex scenes and depth to it.
Rather making running simulator and reading simulator at same time. Still can't forget the moment, I was so pissed when my 5 mins dialogue went to nothing (sawmill girl)

But yeah writing full-fledged review for an absolutely empty game is a worthy skill, hats off to you.

Reactions: M_e_*

Fn0309

Jan 13, 2018
So, I guess this one is abandoned, too? Like so many others :/
Full release on 17th of November, 2023

r32 Changelist:

• NEW Feature - Overworld Sailing - First pass of sailing added where you now sail between islands. All three islands are accessible by sailing and there is some loot around the sailing map, but no interactables yet. The map is blocked by darkness until more areas are added <3 The map shows common sailing routes by default, but it can be disabled in the options menu if wanted.
  • NEW Feature - Logbook Crew Manager - Now you can recruit a full crew on The Unnamed (...well, okay, only a few dozens of crew) and can control who is in your landing party versus who are “inactive” (on ship).
  • NEW Feature - Free camera - A drone (dragon?) camera usable in acts and in adventure mode. Also allows pausing the game while in free camera, so besides some other cool things, it also makes virtual photography easier and more fun.
  • NEW Feature - Save system rework - Added automatic grouping of saves based on character, and added the ability to delete saves. Added back button to save menu. Saves now also include location and playtime information.
  • NEW Feature - Context menu first pass - This means Dyes! All the dyes! So much dyes now! Even emissive dyes! Also a bunch of additional features for future passes <3 One book is also readable now as a test (good luck finding it tho!). One very loud object is also interactable now. This also allows you to destroy items.
  • NEW Content - NPCs and decorations pass on Iskaai - 6 NPCs to meet, places to see, loot to find, etc, around the place. Including decoration pass for Herlstead. Note: No unique loot at least not yet.
  • Added center map button to map.
  • Added swim idle, swim slow, and swim getting out of water audio.
  • Added water footstep audio.
  • Added TAA as an antialiasing option (greatly reduces edge pixel shifting when sailing).
  • Added H(ide) key detection for Showroom/Character Creator to toggle windows.
  • Added island act controls to use silver colored text for current camera mode.
  • Improved Showroom POV camera offsets based on species.
  • Improved narration of when it’s too early to sleep or the player is not tired enough yet.
  • Improved map icon positioning of icons on Skiia and Kizan.
  • Improved camera collisions with ceilings when indoors.
  • Improved POV camera clipping to reduce shadow flickering and clipping (still clips inside actors in some oral acts).
  • Changed cursor to stay active when dragging items in inventory (fixes steam's controller action state handling).
  • Changed river water splash entry to non-deep variant.
  • Changed map position tracking to track player instead of camera.
  • Changed starting actor pooling size from 6 to 15 (helps alleviate a stutter ever the actor count exceeds what is pooled).
  • Changed act camera icons.
  • Tweaked waterfall particles on Kizan.
  • Tweaked splash particle effect starting sizes and alphas.
  • Tweaked swimming audio volumes.
  • Tweaked footstep audio volumes.
  • Tweaked weather audio volume (halved).
  • Tweaked collision settings for weather systems.
  • Tweaked how to play font sizes to be bigger and more readable.
  • Tweaked auto saving behavior (namely preventing saving while still loading).
  • Fixed missing weather interior zone from abandoned Skiia mining camp building.
  • Fixed camp collisions to reduce likelihood of players getting pushed through the world.
  • Fixed map labels occasionally vibrating by subpixels.
  • Fixed map locations unlocking before the player reaches the map location (Prey were able to set it xD).
  • Fixed default map position on Iskaai again.
  • Fixed missing rock collider on Kizan (coords -319, 332, 599).
  • Fixed missing colliders on abandoned mining ramps on Skiia.
  • Fixed too steep collider on abandoned mining camp ramp (prevented climbing).
  • Fixed water triggers for extra pools of water on Skiia and Kizan.
  • Fixed water footsteps remaining active longer than intended.
  • Fixed swimming mode ending too early.
  • Fixed map location variable name problems with spaces (allows mods to access locations with spaces by using underscore).
  • Fixed inconsistent background darkening in the save menu.
  • Fixed inconsistent scrolling in the save menu.
  • Fixed modded character save file filtering.
  • Fixed shiphead not bobbing with the ship in the menu.
  • Fixed npc interact overlay showing when opening the map and logbook.
  • Fixed map and logbook being open-able during trading.
  • Fixed controller input states with pressed vs active state being incorrect.
  • Fixed Unity’s lossy scale on spawned actors (think Vector3(1.0f, 0.99999999f, 1.0f)).
  • Fixed various item and item color name displays.
  • Fixed spelling on various item descriptions.
  • Fixed Showroom look at target and head rotation ignoring timescale.
  • Fixed terrain not reflecting correctly on Iskaai.
  • Fixed Horveek and his guards referring to some players incorrectly as if they had sex with Horveek.
  • Fixed Lyvfolk spawning without horns (existing prey that were actually Lyvfolk should grow their horns back).
  • Fixed actor spawners potentially having Lyvfolk as a possible candidate in unintended locales.
  • Fixed some actor spawners never reactivating if rolling 0 spawns.
  • Fixed some actor spawners with a chance of 0 spawns being super aggressive in respawning.
  • Fixed inconsistencies in NPC expression triggering.
  • Fixed various conversation double spaces and spacing / tabbing issues.
  • Fixed various conversation genitalia tests.
  • Fixed Heev missing automatic repair when loading a broken/old actor.
  • Fixed inventory toggling not correctly saving cursor state.
  • Fixed numpad +/- keys not respecting current speed for the orbit camera.
  • Fixed wind interactions with some jiggle components (namely map markers).
  • Fixed playlist controller handling where sometimes it would not end the ambient song.
  • Fixed equipment on crew unequipping incorrectly when recycled.
  • Fixed cloned crew not unequipping default items correctly.
  • Fixed loot tables not allowing multiple spawns of an item if the item is unstackable.
  • MODDING - NEW - Moddable dyes: It is now possible to add custom dyes into game.
  • MODDING - NEW - Item combining: It is now possible to create item combinations to create new items (paper + ink = pink, the adventure game logic thingie)
  • MODDING - NEW - Item conversations and papers: It is now also possible to create objects you can “talk” with (use yarn with), and create papers that display raw text.
  • MODDING: Added forcedCharacters property to mod spawners.
  • MODDING: Added currentLocation display to debugging display.
  • MODDING: Fixed mod spawners not being able to assign heev subspecies.
  • MODDING: Fixed mod spawners not getting subspecies assigned.
  • MODDING: Fixed modded characters spawning on vanilla spawners with custom entries.
  • MODDING: Fixed debugging display listening to inputs while not visible.
  • MODDING: Fixed mod loader potentially using wrong encoding when reading yarn files.
  • MODDING: Fixed handling of mixed slashes and backslashes depending on the operating system.
  • MODDING: Fixed mod spawners ignoring island setting. Would always spawn on the current island.
  • MODDING: Fixed mod spawners defaulting to 2 if minimum was unset, now defaulting to count as in docs.
  • MODDING: Fixed modded character bytes not registering properly.
  • MODDING: Fixed the spawn_unaltered setting not skipping palette changes for prey.
  • MODDING: Changed logging of how mod replaces vanilla yarn files. It is now an error if the node fails to compile.
  • MODDING: Changed some item color masks to support the vanilla dye system (some modded item colors may be changed not how you want them).

JakeTapper

May 17, 2020
It's so weird seeing how much time they spend trying to fix bugs and add random features like sailing (to be fair a good idea imo) but almost no effort whatsoever goes into fixing some of the glaring issues that people have been complaining about from the start. Like I understand they don't want fast travel everywhere but there needs to be at least a few additional warps. Or the fact there are literally no items to find outside of a couple dozen hidden chests in a HUUUUGE world. And if you do manage to find a chest it doesn't even contain much to reward you with. Do they not want exploration to feel satisfying?? And still no climax for sex? WTF???

BigDaddyFrog

Oct 6, 2020
Or the fact that you can't sleep to pass time because your character is not tired enough, while the game has timed events where you have to wait until night or morning and they expect you to just afk until the time passes on its own.

Reactions: monkisuma

satero1100

Nov 27, 2019
NEW Feature - Free camera - A drone (dragon?) camera usable in acts and in adventure mode. Also allows pausing the game while in free camera, so besides some other cool things, it also makes virtual photography easier and more fun.
Finally. We can see all the thing now, some poses were impossible to watch

alpha1178

Nov 19, 2017
Full release on 17th of November, 2023

r32 Changelist:

• NEW Feature - Overworld Sailing - First pass of sailing added where you now sail between islands. All three islands are accessible by sailing and there is some loot around the sailing map, but no interactables yet. The map is blocked by darkness until more areas are added <3 The map shows common sailing routes by default, but it can be disabled in the options menu if wanted.
  • NEW Feature - Logbook Crew Manager - Now you can recruit a full crew on The Unnamed (...well, okay, only a few dozens of crew) and can control who is in your landing party versus who are “inactive” (on ship).
  • NEW Feature - Free camera - A drone (dragon?) camera usable in acts and in adventure mode. Also allows pausing the game while in free camera, so besides some other cool things, it also makes virtual photography easier and more fun.
  • NEW Feature - Save system rework - Added automatic grouping of saves based on character, and added the ability to delete saves. Added back button to save menu. Saves now also include location and playtime information.
  • NEW Feature - Context menu first pass - This means Dyes! All the dyes! So much dyes now! Even emissive dyes! Also a bunch of additional features for future passes <3 One book is also readable now as a test (good luck finding it tho!). One very loud object is also interactable now. This also allows you to destroy items.
  • NEW Content - NPCs and decorations pass on Iskaai - 6 NPCs to meet, places to see, loot to find, etc, around the place. Including decoration pass for Herlstead. Note: No unique loot at least not yet.
  • Added center map button to map.
  • Added swim idle, swim slow, and swim getting out of water audio.
  • Added water footstep audio.
  • Added TAA as an antialiasing option (greatly reduces edge pixel shifting when sailing).
  • Added H(ide) key detection for Showroom/Character Creator to toggle windows.
  • Added island act controls to use silver colored text for current camera mode.
  • Improved Showroom POV camera offsets based on species.
  • Improved narration of when it’s too early to sleep or the player is not tired enough yet.
  • Improved map icon positioning of icons on Skiia and Kizan.
  • Improved camera collisions with ceilings when indoors.
  • Improved POV camera clipping to reduce shadow flickering and clipping (still clips inside actors in some oral acts).
  • Changed cursor to stay active when dragging items in inventory (fixes steam's controller action state handling).
  • Changed river water splash entry to non-deep variant.
  • Changed map position tracking to track player instead of camera.
  • Changed starting actor pooling size from 6 to 15 (helps alleviate a stutter ever the actor count exceeds what is pooled).
  • Changed act camera icons.
  • Tweaked waterfall particles on Kizan.
  • Tweaked splash particle effect starting sizes and alphas.
  • Tweaked swimming audio volumes.
  • Tweaked footstep audio volumes.
  • Tweaked weather audio volume (halved).
  • Tweaked collision settings for weather systems.
  • Tweaked how to play font sizes to be bigger and more readable.
  • Tweaked auto saving behavior (namely preventing saving while still loading).
  • Fixed missing weather interior zone from abandoned Skiia mining camp building.
  • Fixed camp collisions to reduce likelihood of players getting pushed through the world.
  • Fixed map labels occasionally vibrating by subpixels.
  • Fixed map locations unlocking before the player reaches the map location (Prey were able to set it xD).
  • Fixed default map position on Iskaai again.
  • Fixed missing rock collider on Kizan (coords -319, 332, 599).
  • Fixed missing colliders on abandoned mining ramps on Skiia.
  • Fixed too steep collider on abandoned mining camp ramp (prevented climbing).
  • Fixed water triggers for extra pools of water on Skiia and Kizan.
  • Fixed water footsteps remaining active longer than intended.
  • Fixed swimming mode ending too early.
  • Fixed map location variable name problems with spaces (allows mods to access locations with spaces by using underscore).
  • Fixed inconsistent background darkening in the save menu.
  • Fixed inconsistent scrolling in the save menu.
  • Fixed modded character save file filtering.
  • Fixed shiphead not bobbing with the ship in the menu.
  • Fixed npc interact overlay showing when opening the map and logbook.
  • Fixed map and logbook being open-able during trading.
  • Fixed controller input states with pressed vs active state being incorrect.
  • Fixed Unity’s lossy scale on spawned actors (think Vector3(1.0f, 0.99999999f, 1.0f)).
  • Fixed various item and item color name displays.
  • Fixed spelling on various item descriptions.
  • Fixed Showroom look at target and head rotation ignoring timescale.
  • Fixed terrain not reflecting correctly on Iskaai.
  • Fixed Horveek and his guards referring to some players incorrectly as if they had sex with Horveek.
  • Fixed Lyvfolk spawning without horns (existing prey that were actually Lyvfolk should grow their horns back).
  • Fixed actor spawners potentially having Lyvfolk as a possible candidate in unintended locales.
  • Fixed some actor spawners never reactivating if rolling 0 spawns.
  • Fixed some actor spawners with a chance of 0 spawns being super aggressive in respawning.
  • Fixed inconsistencies in NPC expression triggering.
  • Fixed various conversation double spaces and spacing / tabbing issues.
  • Fixed various conversation genitalia tests.
  • Fixed Heev missing automatic repair when loading a broken/old actor.
  • Fixed inventory toggling not correctly saving cursor state.
  • Fixed numpad +/- keys not respecting current speed for the orbit camera.
  • Fixed wind interactions with some jiggle components (namely map markers).
  • Fixed playlist controller handling where sometimes it would not end the ambient song.
  • Fixed equipment on crew unequipping incorrectly when recycled.
  • Fixed cloned crew not unequipping default items correctly.
  • Fixed loot tables not allowing multiple spawns of an item if the item is unstackable.
  • MODDING - NEW - Moddable dyes: It is now possible to add custom dyes into game.
  • MODDING - NEW - Item combining: It is now possible to create item combinations to create new items (paper + ink = pink, the adventure game logic thingie)
  • MODDING - NEW - Item conversations and papers: It is now also possible to create objects you can “talk” with (use yarn with), and create papers that display raw text.
  • MODDING: Added forcedCharacters property to mod spawners.
  • MODDING: Added currentLocation display to debugging display.
  • MODDING: Fixed mod spawners not being able to assign heev subspecies.
  • MODDING: Fixed mod spawners not getting subspecies assigned.
  • MODDING: Fixed modded characters spawning on vanilla spawners with custom entries.
  • MODDING: Fixed debugging display listening to inputs while not visible.
  • MODDING: Fixed mod loader potentially using wrong encoding when reading yarn files.
  • MODDING: Fixed handling of mixed slashes and backslashes depending on the operating system.
  • MODDING: Fixed mod spawners ignoring island setting. Would always spawn on the current island.
  • MODDING: Fixed mod spawners defaulting to 2 if minimum was unset, now defaulting to count as in docs.
  • MODDING: Fixed modded character bytes not registering properly.
  • MODDING: Fixed the spawn_unaltered setting not skipping palette changes for prey.
  • MODDING: Changed logging of how mod replaces vanilla yarn files. It is now an error if the node fails to compile.
  • MODDING: Changed some item color masks to support the vanilla dye system (some modded item colors may be changed not how you want them).
Download?

3.40 star(s) 22 Votes