• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

HTML How to run/play HTML games?

Dragovich189

Jun 2, 2020
Sorry if this is silly. Where/how can I run and play HTML games? I tried using itch.io but I just keep getting error messages. And judging by the games thread, this is exclusive only to me, so I must be doing something wrong? Thanks.

Reactions: TomWant Badass

CHFan

Feb 25, 2019
Download the HTML game, decompress it and open the index.html or a file that has the game_name.html in the very browser you are reading this page on. File -> Open within the browser or what I do is right-click the file and choose 'Open with'. I suggest Chrome.

Reactions: scrumbles

gaaby

Game Developer
Jan 6, 2018
I mean.. just open the html bro, look in the folder when you download it and click the one that has .html in it, if it doesnt have, just open the extensions on the folder and u should see it, should be pretty basic I think

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
Follow the previous suggestions. If it doesn't work yet, post the error messages or a screenshot.
Depending on your browser, its settings and the addons, some games may not work properly.