Tutorial How To Run Japanese Games On Windows

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
Locale Emulator doesn't work with 64Bit things, if you want to use a emulator for locale you'll need one of the other ones linked (starting here) above.
Or... Ta-daaa!

Bet you didn't expect you would be shown something new and possibly helpful! :)

Truth be told, I just noticed this a very little while ago, too.

Reactions: rouge_g and feyan

Jinx the Minx

Apr 10, 2020
This technique used to work wonders on the old Windows. Thankfully a lot of Japanese game developers are using alternative software, so you rarely need to do this anymore. I guess it depends on what software they are using.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
This technique used to work wonders on the old Windows. Thankfully a lot of Japanese game developers are using alternative software, so you rarely need to do this anymore. I guess it depends on what software they are using.
Honestly, I just leave my computer on Japanese Locale. As far as I can tell, it doesn't seem to break anything.

• Haha
Reactions: Jinx the Minx

feyan

Jun 6, 2022
adding this link for locale Emu for archival purposes,-

darkpachon

Dec 9, 2023
Sorry, but I tried to install a game called Saiminjutsu 3, and I downloaded the local emulator and a crack to play it, but when I use it, I get a warning that I don't understand since I'm new to this, and the mistake that the game gives me when I start it after I install it is
Captura de pantalla 2023-12-09 224611.png
and to solve it, I use this crack
Captura de pantalla 2023-11-30 233946.png
but when using it, it gives me this warning, and I don't know how to solve it so that I can play the game. A patch came, and I also used it, but it doesn't work either. Can someone tell me if I'm missing something for it to work, or what I have to do?
Captura de pantalla 2023-11-30 233857.png

Last edited:

ninkpt

Nov 16, 2017
Can someone help with that? I have Japanese local already but for some reason this game have gibberrish and I cannot play it because of that ( )

Last edited:

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
Can someone help with that? I have Japanese local already but for some reason this game have gibberrish and I cannot play it because of that ( )
In addition to setting the system locale, you may need to re-install the game entirely, if you originally installed the game under default system locale.

ninkpt

Nov 16, 2017
I did, I downloaded the game while already had Jap locale. I redownloaded few times from different sites thinking that it may fix an issue, but it didnt.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
I did, I downloaded the game while already had Jap locale. I redownloaded few times from different sites thinking that it may fix an issue, but it didnt.
Okay, but how are you extracting the files? Make sure it's not in another language or unicode.

ninkpt

Nov 16, 2017
Okay, but how are you extracting the files? Make sure it's not in another language or unicode.
As any japRPG usually. I just open 7zip and press extract here. I dont change language or unicode and other JP games I extracted worked fine. But I have a problem with this game

navvy76

Mar 19, 2020
guys. make sure the game you are running dosen't have any weird symbols/special characters. this shit stumped me 5 damn hours.....

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote