Illusion How to recolor items in StudioNeo

fadeadhorse

Aug 9, 2020
Hi guys, I'm trying to figure out how studioNEO works to potentially make a VN and I'm running into a little problem. I've built my own room using the items in studioNEO such as the walls and ground items. But all the rooms look very similar because I can't figure out how to change the color of the walls or floor. Games like Harem Hotel have rooms with different colored walls and I'm looking to do something similar to that. There is a 'Color' option in the top right but that doesn't seem to do anything.

Is it even possible to do with the base items in studioNEO? If so how do I do that? If not, do I have to use a mod to recolor walls? Or find a mod with a 'colored walls' item? I also want to recolor things like the dresser, bed, and desk so I have the same question for those items. There's a picture of a room I made as an example below.

Thanks in advance for the help.

PS Another question I have is where is the shiny on all the objects coming from?? I've turned off the camera light and only have one "overall light' item in the scene but all the items seem to be shining from some light. You can see this on the bottom right side of the bed and I'm not sure where that is coming from.

room.png

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
But all the rooms look very similar because I can't figure out how to change the color of the walls or floor.
A quick search with Google led me to (it's free), that should solve your problem.

AdventAnyx

Game Developer
Feb 2, 2020
I suggest trying to figure out at least half of this guy's mods:

Everything regarding HS is fucking clunky, but it's part of the fun trying to discover and work around its limits...
I swear I'm having fun :HideThePain:

Reactions: Vanderer

fadeadhorse

Aug 9, 2020
I suggest trying to figure out at least half of this guy's mods:

Everything regarding HS is fucking clunky, but it's part of the fun trying to discover and work around its limits...
I swear I'm having fun :HideThePain:
Hey! I just downloaded your game earlier this week looking for other honey select games. Big fan of the v0.1 VN part, I haven't gotten a chance to play the rest yet.

I've become very familiar with joan6694 over the last week or so even though I have no idea what half the settings in his mods do lol

Bit of a side note, how time-consuming has using animations instead of stills become? I've thought about it but the few animation renderings I've done take a few minutes to process and I'm worried most of my development time will be waiting around.

AdventAnyx

Game Developer
Feb 2, 2020
Bit of a side note, how time-consuming has using animations instead of stills become? I've thought about it but the few animation renderings I've done take a few minutes to process and I'm worried most of my development time will be waiting around.
The main reason I went for animations instead of stills was because stills look kinda crappy without photoshopping. And I knew (and know) almost nothing about photoshop. So instead of spending time tinkering with every shot, I spend time waiting for a render to finish. You can do useful stuff while it does: writing a small part of dialogues, or some back-end code, reading or replying to people, and so on.

Making stills is way, way, way easier of course. And making standard, built-in animation is way, way easier than trying to add "spice" via timeline, nodes, etc. But it's a fun process, and with time, animations become more interesting and diverse.

You only played the VN part, it was done when I was at the very beginning of discovering features. You can play later patches to compare (content of v0.6-0.7). In my humble opinion, I improved quite a bit: eye and mouth movement (sometimes), a combination of standard and altered animations, sticking body parts to each other (hand to head, etc.), somewhat proper lighting, moving objects, replaced textures, and so on.

Last edited: