VN How to promote a visual novel?

jax63

Sep 8, 2017
Hello!

I did it, i began to do a VN with Ren'py myself.
I have a patreon site for it, but how do i promote it?
Ok i have for some time a deviantart and a tumblr account, where i can promote the game.
But i think there is more.
Which sides shouldn't i miss to promote?

U

User_23654

Hm, right here.
Just a quick demonstration how this will go.

F95ZONE>SVSCOMICS>"THE REST"

You will see, it can go really fast like "Mystic Manor" or very slow, which will depend on the quality of your game.

verzauberung

May 5, 2017
Make a harem incest game and after 3 updates add ntr for no reason. Ez 1k+ comments in you thread. /s

But srsly: f95zone is the best way to promote your game. Svscomics is pretty big too. Dont forget reddit. Get boom to make you the android version. A few game devs will shout out other game devs on patreon, so maybe start talking to some of them, many are also here on patreon. Talk to some known community members here on f95, maybe ask them if they wanna playtest or write/translate/mod for you and they will for sure start to shill for you and your game.

But the best way to promote the game is to have great render quality and/or just make a good game with good h-content

jax63

Sep 8, 2017
Thanks.

I believe my artwork is not bad, I do this for some years now.
Coding in ren'py is new but i think i can handle it.

No, i don't like ntr.

My v0.1 has around 158 pics.

Maybe i can release it in one or two days.

Reactions: 9thCrux

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
Thanks.

I believe my artwork is not bad, I do this for some years now.
Coding in ren'py is new but i think i can handle it.

No, i don't like ntr.

My v0.1 has around 158 pics.

Maybe i can release it in one or two days.
As another dev once said while we were talking about how DRM is a waste of money that won't help you, "I've found that the more places I share my game the more money I make" ofc she meant for free.

Summertime Saga is one of the most successful games out there, its game gets released for free at the same time as they release it to patrons.

What you need to do is make something worth playing, and stress how you'll only be able to continue if it's funded. If you build it they will come. And if you build it well they will cum faster.

jax63

Sep 8, 2017
I have released it today on my patreon page:

Nightcrawler

Carpe Diem
Donor
May 23, 2017
Not checked your game out as yet as comp in bits it not a happy bunny .Would suggest contacting a mod about creating a thread for the game as it will be lost if just left here