Tutorial Unity How To Use Mods In Honey Select [Illusion]

maizeman

Aug 6, 2016
This is a guide and help thread for the game Honey Select by Illusion. ( )

This will contain general useful information about plugins, mods and whatever else I can think of. Maybe I'll even sneak in some cards and scenes, who knows.

Anyway I will start off with a guide on how to use Honey Select plugins.

Honey Select plugins and you:

Most plugins require the use of the Illusion Plugin Architecture (IPA). Fortunately it's included in the MF/EMF patches and most plugins already include it. As for how to use it

• for the old version of IPA run HoneySelect_32_Patched.exe or HoneySelect_64_Patched.exe once
  • for the new version drag and drop HoneySelect_32.exe or HoneySelect_64.exe onto IPA.exe
and then you can just run the game as normal.

What these do is make some changes to the original game .exe's that makes it possible to run the .dll plugins. Bear in mind that if you run a patch or anything that modifies the original .exe then you will need to run the _Patched.exe's again to make it work again. After that just drop the downloaded plugins to the folder (Illusion\HoneySelect\Plugins\) and away you go.

Recommended plugins:

Translations by various

The main plugin that is recommended is the UI translation and translation loader. Again this is included in the MF/EMF patches but may become out of date as the translations get worked on.

If you don't want to run the MF/EMF patches for whatever reason you can download the and the latest "official" translations including the studio translations at the time of writing are dated .

There is an updated partial translation for the DLC active/lively personality (put the .txt file in Illusion\HoneySelect\Plugins\UITranslation\HoneySelect\Text)

There is also a more actively developed and complete repository of the translation based on the file above found .

GGMod by mayar1
and

What this does is dynamically change the position of the female player model based on whether or not she is wearing high heels. Raises the height for when they are wearing heels and lowers it flat again when they are taken off. Doesn't sound like much but it makes a huge difference.

Wideslider by vrl0ver
and

This makes it possible to change the body sliders for the character creation to go beyond the default 0-100 limits for a greater degree of customization. It also requires an extra set of .exe's to be run to work properly. Similarly, just run HoneySelect_32_WideSliderPatch.exe or HoneySelect_64_WideSliderPatch.exe once and the Wideslider plugin should work. Also bear in mind that if you run a patch or anything that modifies the original .exe then you will need to run the _WideSliderPatch.exe's again to make it work again. Unfortunately characters made using the Wideslider plugin will look strange to people who don't have it but that's only a minor issue.

Shortcuts plugin by Animat0r
and
Ever wanted to have a first-person camera view when you're drilling your waifu? Well, with the Shortcuts plugin you can. When you have it installed and run your game it should say something like "Shortcuts plugin enabled. etc..." To see a list of shortcuts press n (scroll down, it's loooooong) which include options from changing the POV to toggling the UI visibility to switching positions.

Skintex plugin by Alexae
and
Allows the female character to use an overlay for costumes, tattoos, body paint, etc. When you have it installed press j and a little pink icon will appear over the character. Click on it and you can choose which overlay to use. Examples of stuff people have done with the Skintex mod include the Marvel Spiderman (well woman) costume, tattoos, face paint, cat-girl/fox-girl skins and more.

That should be all for now, I'll go into some other plugins and the studio later.

MoreSlotID by lwlin
and
What this does is patch the game so that instead of using 6 digit IDs for mods, it uses 9 digit IDs. So that more total slots are available to use. Old mods which use 6 digit IDs will still work, but may conflict with those that use 9 digit IDs. Extract it to your Honey Select folder, click on the .exe and it will prompt you for which version to patch. It's pretty much irreversible short of reinstalling the game, but most mods use MoreSlotID now anyway, including roy12's newer character and costume mods.

JJZ-Godd

Sep 29, 2017
Great job with these finds. But I'm quite tech illiterate, so is there a video or guide with visuals that could help a noob like me install these mods?

Reactions: Wolffhauser

Dartax

Oct 29, 2017
Great job with these finds. But I'm quite tech illiterate, so is there a video or guide with visuals that could help a noob like me install these mods?
I can't post a link yet, but head over to the HS Reddit thread if you can. They have a pastebin and other lists of helpful tutorials to install everything correctly and in order. The thread itself is kinda on low-burn these days, but the information is still quite accurate! Hope that helps!

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Wow.. I'm behind the times with this game.. still waiting for the patch to add a fully translated party DLC (3some) to a 1 year old install. (But I haven't looked recently or very hard).
My thing is, I now have to watch my bandwidth so I can download a patch and patch the game with the dlc. I don't want to download the entire game or go through a 12 step install procedure.. o_O

RedPyrate

Oct 11, 2017
Wow.. I'm behind the times with this game.. still waiting for the patch to add a fully translated party DLC (3some) to a 1 year old install. (But I haven't looked recently or very hard).
My thing is, I now have to watch my bandwidth so I can download a patch and patch the game with the dlc. I don't want to download the entire game or go through a 12 step install procedure.. o_O
Wish I could just find the last DLC link from last April, I bought the game just to give them some support. Had the link on Illusion site but I cant wade thru the Japanese to find it again. There Is so much discussion on the game, important posts with links get lost in the volume. I think My HS with all the mods and backups is somewhere around 100GB now, even without the last DLC release.
RED

Sep 8, 2017
Random Face Assist
Followed this link to the HongFire page... mod sounds great, but when I click the download button it takes me to a page that's mostly in Japanese (which I cannot read) and I don't see a clickable link or button for download. To I have to be registered with this site to download? Why is this not working?

Sep 8, 2017
It's the little rectangular box in the middle of the page.
Okay, thanks! I clicked that, and it takes me to a page that says 'Error 505 Service Temporarily Unavailable'. Oh well. Not your fault. I'll try again later. At least now I know where the button is.

IgiaHades

May 4, 2018
I can't install Wideslider. When i try to open it, it shows me error. Could someone please help me?
Also, are these mods and plugins enough to load characters from the roy12mods (like the DOA characters for example)?

maizeman

Aug 6, 2016
Make sure you're running the latest version of the game (1.20 with the June 30 patch) as well as the latest version of the Wideslider patcher (0.8.3).

Also make sure that your antivirus isn't interfering with the process and run the Wideslider patcher as an administrator if possible.

Some roy12 mods will require the use of MoreSlotID (usually it will tell you on the page if it does). MoreSlotID patches the game so that instead of 6 digit IDs, the game uses 9 digit IDs and more total slots are available. This also means that unless you have MoreSlotID installed, the IDs of some mods will conflict with the game and it won't look right. It's pretty much irreversible short of reinstalling the game, but most mods now use MoreSlotID anyway.

I've also updated the opening post with links if you want to download it.

Reactions: IgiaHades

IgiaHades

May 4, 2018
Make sure you're running the latest version of the game (1.20 with the June 30 patch) as well as the latest version of the Wideslider patcher (0.8.3).

Also make sure that your antivirus isn't interfering with the process and run the Wideslider patcher as an administrator if possible.

Some roy12 mods will require the use of MoreSlotID (usually it will tell you on the page if it does). MoreSlotID patches the game so that instead of digit IDs, the game uses 9 digit IDs and more total slots are available. This also means that unless you have MoreSlotID installed, the IDs of some mods will conflict with the game and it won't look right. It's pretty much irreversible short of reinstalling the game, but most mods now use MoreSlotID anyway.

I've also updated the opening post with links if you want to download it.
Thank you so much! Everything seems working perfect now!

Chris Duck

Jul 28, 2018
For some reason I can't run a path for the Wideslider, it keeps saying "Could not find" and I don't know what I'm doing wrong here, please can someone help me.

Deftera

May 1, 2017
Hi sorry for bumping this old thread but I just started fiddling around on Honey Select and I was wondering how people do the arms behind head while squatting pose and how to stick out tongues. Is there a mod for that in character maker or is it just in Studio Neo? If so, are there any presets?

HerpDerp03

Dec 10, 2018
I'm running into some issues running Wide Slider. I purchased Honey Select and Extend, and that runs just fine. When I downloaded Wide Slider v0.8.3, I followed this video ( ) to install it with the game, and nothing worked. How do I run the Wide Slider mod with an official version of Honey Select? Is it even possible, or am I just an idiot?