Tutorial Tool Others How to Mod GameMaker Studio 1 and 2 Games [WIP]

forbidden101v

The Hentai Witcher
Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Introduction
So bear in mind this is a work in progress but I would like to share my findings so I can hopefully encourage some more modders. If anyone would like to help me on my pursuit for knowledge or you just want to ask a question regarding this topic feel free to post here. Anyways lets get into what you guys came here to learn.

Extracting data.win files from Executables
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Texture Modding
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Best of luck with all your modding endeavors!

Jan 7, 2018
Thanks for this guide, Do you know a good way to repack the Data.win files?
I seem to always get errors when I use UndertaleModTool. when trying to extract or repacked.

I have got the Sprite Maps exported using quick bms without issue but I can't get them repacked into the data.win

I'm using Atelier Tia [v0.81] [MenZ] as my test file.

GranTurboAutismo

Aug 4, 2019
After using QuickBMS to extract games for so long I figured out the undertalemodtool method independently today...
I was just about to make a thread about it too but then I found this. Damn it. This thread should be pinned just like the Unity decensoring is. Almost half of the games I downloaded from here are actually made in gamemaker (it is not obvious most of the time)... would be nice if more people were aware of this.
Unfortunately it does not seem to be all that useful for games that use spine sprites for majority of the content, since there is no functioning way to reimport said sprites after editing them. I learned that the hard way trying to decensor some sprites, only for reimport to not work.

Last edited: