Ren'Py Tutorial How to make dynamic blink for your characters

atidote

Sep 6, 2021
Hi there,

I always wanted to make my scene more realistic and 'alive', i also like concept so instead of having a giant file with the animation redefinition i made a python function allowing me to define images sequence with any lenght and configurable timer.
Code can be easily upgraded if you want a timer per images by replacing the two static timer by lists of timer index based on the images list.

o5qPaRvbqz.gif

Generic renpy blink animation:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So here is the function:

And can be used like this:

Let me know what you think and if you can see any improvement possible !
Best regards,
Atidote.

pepplez

Jun 7, 2020
Just tried it out and it works great. (With a few adjustments to the timers in my case.)

46n2

Jun 29, 2021
Hi there,

I always wanted to make my scene more realistic and 'alive', i also like concept so instead of having a giant file with the animation redefinition i made a python function allowing me to define images sequence with any lenght and configurable timer.
Code can be easily upgraded if you want a timer per images by replacing the two static timer by lists of timer index based on the images list.

View attachment 1412746

Generic renpy blink animation:

So here is the function:

And can be used like this:

Let me know what you think and if you can see any improvement possible !
Best regards,
Atidote.
Oh hell yeah...

I walk in here this evening - wait, did I walk, I'm on my ass (nvm) - exactly for THIS. I've seen some stuff recently, a hot cup of coffee; a shift on the screen that isn't a loop. A character announcing themselves more holistically on my flatscreen. Not an Animation exactly but something the Dev was able to slip into RenPy that doesn't suck up much of a load if any. And I'm like...

"Would F95 have a post on that? I need some simple tricks of this type. Cuz it matters."

And. Wouldn't ya know it? Didn't even have to use search. Not 3 pages in to the Dev thread and... shwinggg!!

Thanks very much for this, atidote. That easy, eh?

I owe you a beer...

Reactions: atidote