Daz How to make a character shorter

Devil3D

Aug 10, 2021
Hey guys,
I tried using the height slider to make a character shorter around 160 cm from the starter height but look weird and deform.
any tips on how to make a short character ?

Reactions: DewiMorgan

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
If the height slider didn't work, you could also try by Zev0. He also makes them for Genesis 3 and 8 males, as well. The 'older teen' option might work for you. I believe also adjusts height.

This was posted in the wrong thread, by the way. You'll usually be better off posting in 'Dev Help' for questions like this.

Empiric

Throbbing Member
Respected User
Game Developer
Jan 13, 2020
Scale the shit out of them, genesis figures are huge in all proportions, if you use stuff like measure metrics, you'll see for yourself.
I usually reduce the height with the height morph a little and then torso length a little bit too, so the legs aren't too short and then I scale the whole character when it's complete to around 93%.

Reactions: Devil3D

Devil3D

Aug 10, 2021
If the height slider didn't work, you could also try by Zev0. He also makes them for Genesis 3 and 8 males, as well. The 'older teen' option might work for you. I believe also adjusts height.

This was posted in the wrong thread, by the way. You'll usually be better off posting in 'Dev Help' for questions like this.

Scale the shit out of them, genesis figures are huge in all proportions, if you use stuff like measure metrics, you'll see for yourself.
I usually reduce the height with the height morph a little and then torso length a little bit too, so the legs aren't too short and then I scale the whole character when it's complete to around 93%.

The Growing up did fit well with the thing i was trying to achieve it make the character younger.

At the end i used the scaling plus the height slider.

I think made a mistake from the beginning, i should pick the height and then do the modelling part.

Thanks for the help.

Youpm

Nov 2, 2021
I think made a mistake from the beginning, i should pick the height and then do the modelling part.
If you are making your shape using a modeler, after importing and applying the morph, do Edit > Figure > Rigging > Adjust Rigging To Shape, followed by an ERC freeze to the morph dial...