Tutorial How to Install Content to Daz w/ w/o Install Manager

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
any one know how to get the render right as my pics keep coming out all piculated
Watch this:
But also you should know the Iray render has many flaws; for some renders you will need to increase the time for rendering at least 2 times and increase the quality of rendering up to 8-10. The rendering parameters from the tutorial will be sufficient for about 80% of the renders.

dave619

Nov 3, 2018
i have a problume with dim the content wont load or when i put it in daz its self it loads every tpic for it but whont load anything any help this is the file im on about

Michael Bauer

May 3, 2018
Hey guys,

is there any way to make an asset to be shown in the smart content panel? The regular *.zips which you can use in DIM are shown normally in the smart content panel. My problem is that the non-DIM assets are only shown in the content library panel. I am using the Content Package Assist tool to create DIM-compatible *.zips, so I am installing everything via DIM. Some assets are shown in the smart content panel, others are not.

Is there a way to fix this or is it intended behaviour?

dave619

Nov 3, 2018
Hey guys,

is there any way to make an asset to be shown in the smart content panel? The regular *.zips which you can use in DIM are shown normally in the smart content panel. My problem is that the non-DIM assets are only shown in the content library panel. I am using the Content Package Assist tool to create DIM-compatible *.zips, so I am installing everything via DIM. Some assets are shown in the smart content panel, others are not.

Is there a way to fix this or is it intended behaviour?
yes its a content manger and you can instal it throw dim if the file has templetes you unzip the teplate file and put it in your daz folder or in dim

Michael Bauer

May 3, 2018
yes its a content manger and you can instal it throw dim if the file has templetes you unzip the teplate file and put it in your daz folder or in dim
I just looked it up on youtube so I now understand what you mean. It seems that I have to label every single one of them as products and tag them with their categories. This will take me a lot of time... oO xD There is no way I can do it for every single file. xD But thanks. I will move only my favourite ones to smart content, then.

LuciferxBlack

Jan 28, 2019
I am probably posting in the wrong section and for the life of me can't seem to find the thread posted some time ago about how to correctly install Daz plugins and software stuff... Not the character assests and what not.

Does anyone have the link or could provide me with simple instructions for a noob that would be great. I wanted to install Visual Shaders and a few other exe. files and application but none come with instructions on where to install...

*** After checking it out a bit if figured out that they all still go into the same folder during install the process however is a little different.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
The most common problem I run into installing things for Daz is that a lot of the assets are packaged inside a subdirectory like "my library". If you create an install manager package with it set up that way nothing will work. Daz will tell you all of your files are missing. So if you look at your zip and you have data, runtime, people, etc buried inside any other directory then it's not going to work. Just extract it all and zip it back up without being buried inside any subdirectories and then content package assist will do all the work for you.

Reactions: Notty-Man-74

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Why go to all that trouble when all that has to be done is drag and drop the contents of the "My Library" straight into the content window of CPA? Re-Zipping just to drag and drop the file into the extract box seems a bit silly.
I prefer the content manager packages that I can easily uninstall if I decide I don't want something or discover that it doesn't work.

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
I prefer the content manager packages that I can easily uninstall if I decide I don't want something or discover that it doesn't work.
Yup, this this is the only advantage if using the installer. I am too lazy to use the installer besides I often still have to unpack the archive manually to read the documentation (it is PITA ti find it in the documentation folder). Therefore when I see a folder with useless asset I usually simply delete the folder. Of course this doesn't remove everything but the interface become less cluttered with useless stuff.

Roman DeVil

Sep 18, 2017
...i hope i'm doing something useful by posting here a little app.

For all those who prefer the DIM method to install stuff in DAZ Studio, but have a .zip with a corrupted manifest.dsf or with only separate folders (i.e. data, Documentation, People, Poses, Environment, Runtime and so on) so they can't be installed through DIM, there's an app that allows to create a perfectly working .zip archive in order to let DIM install it.
The app (coming in an .exe file) is called "DAZ IM Creator", and it only requires to set an input path (i.e. to set a folder where to put the above folders in) and on output path (in which the .zip file will be generated). The app will ask you to give the file a name and a product number (don't worry, you can invent it yourself), and then will generate a valid IM Code. Just move/paste the outpit .zip file in the "Downloads" folder of DIM, and that's all!
The file doesn't require any installation, and works only on Windows.

You'll find it attached here...

Nomec104

Jul 28, 2017
...i hope i'm doing something useful by posting here a little app.

For all those who prefer the DIM method to install stuff in DAZ Studio, but have a .zip with a corrupted manifest.dsf or with only separate folders (i.e. data, Documentation, People, Poses, Environment, Runtime and so on) so they can't be installed through DIM, there's an app that allows to create a perfectly working .zip archive in order to let DIM install it.
The app (coming in an .exe file) is called "DAZ IM Creator", and it only requires to set an input path (i.e. to set a folder where to put the above folders in) and on output path (in which the .zip file will be generated). The app will ask you to give the file a name and a product number (don't worry, you can invent it yourself), and then will generate a valid IM Code. Just move/paste the outpit .zip file in the "Downloads" folder of DIM, and that's all!
The file doesn't require any installation, and works only on Windows.

You'll find it attached here...
Thats very usefull, thank you bro (y)

lazyman69

Jun 2, 2019
Not sure if this is the correct place to ask, so pardon me if it isn't.

Some assets I'm downloading have, apart from Install Manager ready .zip's, so called Template .zip's that have the same product ID in the file name as the IM ready assets. These Template .zip's contain wire mesh images in .jpg format corresponding to parts of the assets. Should I just ignore these Template files? If not, what exactly should I do with them?

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
Not sure if this is the correct place to ask, so pardon me if it isn't.

Some assets I'm downloading have, apart from Install Manager ready .zip's, so called Template .zip's that have the same product ID in the file name as the IM ready assets. These Template .zip's contain wire mesh images in .jpg format corresponding to parts of the assets. Should I just ignore these Template files? If not, what exactly should I do with them?
Ignore them, they are a resource thing, you dont need them.

Reactions: lazyman69

lazyman69

Jun 2, 2019
I'm having some difficulties with categorizing custom packages.

I've followed the procedure from https://f95zone.to/threads/how-to-install-content-to-daz-w-w-o-install-manager.6045/post-1204202 .
After installing package through DIM, the package shows in smart content products library, however the package itself and all items in it are uncategorized (defaulting to lost and found).
I've had the same results using DAZ IM creator mentioned in https://f95zone.to/threads/how-to-install-content-to-daz-w-w-o-install-manager.6045/post-1844346.
I've attempted the above procedures on multiple packages originating from renderosity.

Am I doing something wrong or do I "simply" need to go through the package folder and manually categorize individual items and the package itself?

Jonah Arkon

Sep 22, 2017
Greetings all, I am new to using daz and programming however my background is biology and chemistry. So this is new to me. After finishing the download and installation of Daz3D. Am a bit lost on the address routing even after followed the instructions. My windows set up is different than the instructional address of C:/User/Public/Public Documents/MY DAZ 3D Library. What I see is c/users/computer name/AppData/Roaming/Daz 3D/InstallManager.

Needless to say I am a little confused on what to do. guidance please if you have a moment of two. Thanks. Also is there a discord to ask questions?
thanks all

Last edited: