Tutorial How to Install Content to Daz w/ w/o Install Manager

D9074

Feb 21, 2021
OMG thank you for this, it is so much fucking easier once you do it like this instead of trying to manually do all of this stuff. life saver.

yasenib

Mar 12, 2020
Not sure if anyone posted this anywhere in the forums, but if you're having issues with DIM when installing DIM files you can pretty much just drop the contents of the folder Content in your "My DAZ 3D Library" and then go to Content Library -> Content DB Maintenance -> Re-Import Metadata. Worked like a charm for me

Source: .

volente

Jun 17, 2019
Excuse me, is it possible to upload the DIM somewhere? I can't access daz3d.com, error code 1020.

RoutineNL

Aug 27, 2019
Hello people, sorry if it was asked million times already, but I have a problem with DAZ, I tried to install different content from the internet, some of it worked actually, but other didn't. I'm just at a loss at this point, I was looking up my problem for hours now and the answer is nowhere to be find, sadly. I followed the instruction from this topic, but it just wouldn't work for me for some reason. I also don't have a folder in the public document section on my PC, idk why, I install all my content in the main folder where the app itself is, cuz I have the "My DAZ 3D Library" folder there and just there alongside with the DIM folder, which works fine, but manually I can't seem to install anything.
So I did find the content in the "Content Library" folder in the DAZ app, but it's so clunky to search for the needed content every time I need something, is there a way to move all that content to smart content in DAZ?

MashUp47

Aug 26, 2020
So I did find the content in the "Content Library" folder in the DAZ app, but it's so clunky to search for the needed content every time I need something, is there a way to move all that content to smart content in DAZ?
I use https://f95zone.to/threads/content-package-assist.8420/ and repack it giving it a unique id number eg MY000xxx-xx if it dose not come with one or you could try (link posted by valecontigo )

QuantumVNs

Jan 25, 2019
There is a package called " " which allows you to create smart content semi-automatically for content that's not from DAZ. I don't know how well it works with Daz Install Manager.

Nov 8, 2018
Not sure if anyone posted this anywhere in the forums, but if you're having issues with DIM when installing DIM files you can pretty much just drop the contents of the folder Content in your "My DAZ 3D Library" and then go to Content Library -> Content DB Maintenance -> Re-Import Metadata. Worked like a charm for me

Source: .
THIS IS IT! Especially when you install content from renderotica or anything without the DIM, this will make it work

ChurryOp

May 17, 2021
I've just used DIM to install content from here that is in IM zip files. It doesn't do anything with the smart content, and just throws stuff into the content pane. Any suggestions or setting I should be aware of?

I used the pinned video to get where I am; really it's only a matter of setting a folder for downloading and pointing DIM at it, it seemed. What am I missing?

Darkon280

Feb 12, 2023
Hello everyone. Great steps. My issues is when I go and try and use the files for Daz and such I am getting a error of like "can't find file" or "unable to locate file. Seems that Daz sees the files but when trying to actually use them I can't. I looked in the previous posts and still nothing. I also got some of the contents/assets from here and Renderocity. I am a newbie trying to get started a bit lol.

Last edited:

Darkon280

Feb 12, 2023
A quick update. I was able to install a few things but I am trying to install hair and comes up weird like all blocky like in minecraft.