How to get free games, on steam - guide

KOKOMAN7823

Feb 19, 2024
Based on my observations, many adult games available on Steam do not utilize the Steam API file. This implies that you can retain the game files and still request a refund. To do this, use a card or PayPal account to purchase the desired game. Download and save the game files, then close the Steam application. Run the EXE file directly. If Steam launches again during this process, it indicates that the game has a Steam product check in place. If the game functions properly without Steam launching, then congratulations! You should be able to request a refund for the game and continue playing it using the saved files.
If the game you purchased has a Steam API file, it may not be possible to continue playing it without the Steam application running. In such cases, you might consider attempting to bypass the Steam API, which is a more complex process typically requiring knowledge in reverse engineering. One option is to hire someone with expertise in reverse engineering to crack the game's protection. Keep in mind that this may involve legal and ethical considerations, as modifying copyrighted software without permission can be illegal and unethical. Alternatively, you could upload the game to forums where enthusiasts engage in cracking games for fun. Eventually, the cracked version of the game may be shared on various websites.

It's important to note that there are limits to the number of times you can request refunds on Steam. If you abuse the refund system by frequently returning games, Steam may block your account from making any further refunds. To avoid this issue, it's recommended to create a new account specifically for this type of activity. This way, you can maintain the integrity of your primary Steam account and avoid any potential restrictions.
After purchasing a game on Steam, it is essential to consider the refund policy. Steam allows refund requests within 14 days of purchase, as long as the game has been played for less than 2 hours. If you request a refund after 14 days or if you have played the game for more than 2 hours, you will not be eligible for a refund.

guide on how to refund a game:

Last edited:

Hagatagar

Oct 11, 2019
If the game you purchased has a Steam API file, it may not be possible to continue playing it without the Steam application running. In such cases, you might consider attempting to bypass the Steam API, which is a more complex process typically requiring knowledge in reverse engineering. One option is to hire someone with expertise in reverse engineering to crack the game's protection. Keep in mind that this may involve legal and ethical considerations, as modifying copyrighted software without permission can be illegal and unethical. Alternatively, you could upload the game to forums where enthusiasts engage in cracking games for fun. Eventually, the cracked version of the game may be shared on various websites.
That's what steam emulators like are for. There is no need for specific cracks for every game.
You just replace the game's api.dll with theirs and insert the game's steam ID into a text file, pretty much every game without a real DRM will work after that (only very few games have a real DRM anyway, usually triple A games).

Nohiart

Mar 10, 2024
Your steam refund guide an the end of your post was helpful, thanks for that. Will be interesting to see, if steam will send me the money for a permanently crashing game back. Overall I am not sure, if it is fair to adult-game-developers if you use the saved game files after refunding. Everybody has decide that for himself.

Mar 29, 2021
May I ask what the purpose of purchasing adult games on Steam is, if then you're going to refund them, when at this point downloading them directly from here for free and already pirated would lead to the same result without going through all this process?

Last edited:

Hagatagar

Oct 11, 2019
yeah but it doesn't work every time, like you said. only very few games.
It's the opposite of what I said.
Only a few games have a real protection that needs a real crack, like those that use Denuvo.
The vast majority of games just use the Steam API as a simple check if that copy is legit and can be easily tricked with a replacement API.

KOKOMAN7823

Feb 19, 2024
It's the opposite of what I said.
Only a few games have a real protection that needs a real crack, like those that use Denuvo.
The vast majority of games just use the Steam API as a simple check if that copy is legit and can be easily tricked with a replacement API.
oh i miss understood you. but that's what I've tried it myself, and didn't work for me everytime. and i tried it 1 - 2 times, since most of the adult games don't have any security.

KOKOMAN7823

Feb 19, 2024
May I ask what the purpose of purchasing adult games on Steam is, if then you're going to refund them, when at this point downloading them directly from here for free and already pirated would lead to the same result without going through all this process?
reason one is because some games can come with malware, and i like to stay safe. and the second reason is not all games are online for free. i uploaded to this site more then 30 games which are not on this site.

Mr.Momo

Sep 7, 2022
reason one is because some games can come with malware, and i like to stay safe. and the second reason is not all games are online for free. i uploaded to this site more then 30 games which are not on this site.
Mr.Momo is curious. In your experience, what is your preferred refund ratio using this method to mitigate against unwanted outcome?

KOKOMAN7823

Feb 19, 2024
Mr.Momo is curious. In your experience, what is your preferred refund ratio using this method to mitigate against unwanted outcome?
in which context, how many times you should refund? or what kind of reason to put in the refund request?
i would suggest that on your main account not more then 3 - 5 refunds. i got blocked from refunding on my account after 20 -30 refunds. and now i cant refund the last games i bought and will not be able to. and the reason that you should give them should be a reason that it wont look like what you are trying to do.

Mr.Momo

Sep 7, 2022
in which context, how many times you should refund? or what kind of reason to put in the refund request?
ah my apologies. Mr.Momo is referring to the 1st context.

i would suggest that on your main account not more then 3 - 5 refunds. i got blocked from refunding on my account after 20 -30 refunds.
Mr.Momo is intrigued. What is your recommended refund ratio(Refund/Time)? Did you do 20-30 refunds over a week period? If so, that‘s quite aggressive. Mr.Momo nods*

revyfan

Jan 26, 2018
I'm a bit confused... Why not just torrent/pirate those games instead of jumping through hoops to get a "free" game and a refund?