How to find unique (Daz) 3D assets?

MrBree

Jun 9, 2017
If you are looking for a more unique 3D asset, how do you go about finding it?

I've been looking for a specific asset: an eight pointed star. Also known as an octagram or Star of Ishtar (sexy sex goddess.. ).

My google-fu has failed me. Searched and waded through the Daz3d store, Renderosity, sharecg, zonegfx, 3d-load, etc etc .. nothing.
It's not like I can put in an asset request here since I don't know if such an item exists.

Where would you go to find more unique assets? Are there different forums for Daz (or other 3d sw assets) where you can get help?
I'm hoping to create a game with more unusual characters, but this won't work unless I can collect assets to match. (Say sexy 'monster girls' like dryads? )

redle

Apr 12, 2017
Nothing fancy but here's something really basic to toy around with. I made 3 basic shapes (diamond, diamond with hole, and ring) that you can scale and texture as you like. Duplicate/combine/and rotate them and make your own star. They are just .obj files, so you'll need to use File -> Import to load them up.
ishtar2.png ishtar1.png

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Looks like @redle might have you covered for now.

If you don't mind learning another program, there's Blender and Hexagon. Daz can import .objs, and of course it has a bridge to Hexagon. Blender is the more capable program, but I like the convenience of the Hexagon bridge (when it works).

Both programs are good for making assets, or for modifying existing ones (if you export them from Daz). And both are free. Hexagon didn't used to be free, but it's being offered for free now.

As for other 'unique' Daz assets, Freedom of Art has some interesting ones, but you need to make a $7-12 donation to access the library of 200+ freebies for 1-2 weeks.

Apparently there are some free public downloads as well, but I'm not seeing any download links for those. You may need to register with the FoA site to see the public download links.

Reactions: Shaneride

xht_002

Sep 25, 2018
find unique models on and

you just import the obj file, unless you need iray, then you will probably have to add the uber base layer

all royalty free

I Steal Your Cats
Donor
Oct 4, 2017
You can even just buy a DAZ model from somewhere that looks interesting for what you need it for and do as @OhWee said. Or you can purchase body morphs, head morphs, eye morphs, nose morphs etc and get creative. You can make them look unique in your own way via morphs too. If you aren't so good with the whole sculpting thing, then i find this is the best way.