• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

How to download DLsite viewer/play exclusive

biqQBdbwduibf

Jun 27, 2019
I bought a video file from DLsite but it is browser excluse. I can only stream it.

It's super annoying because the speed is pretty slow and I can't skip around. Also I like having the file on my PC incase DLsite goes bust or they remove this product.

Anybody know how to download a streaming exclusive file from DLsite?

Reactions: Haru-kun

KBD20

Jul 17, 2019
I also wanted to know this, but I figured out how to bypass this for at least some items.
On other products when you see them listed, there's a quick download button for items you own - it seems that this applies to stream exclusive content if it's listed under the discounted or bulk buy item sections on the creator's page - this doesn't work for the rest of the items though since the previews/links are displayed properly (no dl link).

OK, if you replace the product ID in the URL of a stream only product this way with an item id that isn't on sale then that will also have a download page.
So for split files add /maniax/download/split/=/product_id/[product id here].html after the dlsite url

Edit: On further testing clicking the dl part just gives a 404 error, it didn't give an error when I tried before for some reason.

Last edited:

onyhow

Oct 31, 2020
I know this is a really late reply, but I believe I have found a way. The problem is that it's very manual work-ey, but so far it works for me:

First, you need 2 things: uBlock Origin and JDownloader 2.

I'm not sure if this is totally necessary, but add your account on JDownloader 2 under play.dlsite.com just in case. Keep JD2 open.

Anyway, open up the logger for uBO, then on your DLSite Play, navigate and open the video file you want to download.

Now, check your Logger. There should be an entry with the url: https//play.dlsite.com/api/video/playlist?token=

Copy the whole url (in my case the url ends with .m3u8. Don't worry, just do it). If everything goes well, JD2 will capture the link and in LinkGrabber it'll show a video file with the name playlist...and in my case it's a .mp4 video even though the source file is supposed to be .avi (I think DLSite streams file in .mp4 to save bandwidth, since most .avi files distribute by groups are uncompressed, while .mp4 in most case are compressed), but that doesn't matter. If that appears, then congrats. You're nearly done!

Download the file immediately, since the URL has expiration time tagged in. I think if the link expires you'll have to redo the whole thing again.

Congrats, you just downloaded the web exclusive file! If you're not sure, also play the downloaded file side by side with the web one to verify.

I haven't tried to grab the other file types yet like .mp3, .wav, or various picture files, but the principle of it should be the same...I just need to find the proper link in the Logger, especially since those won't be under /video/ due to being of different file types.

Update: For audio files, you'll only get .mp3 as an output, no .wav, sorry (again, I guess it's bandwidth). For image files...ugh, it'll be a jumbled mess and you'll have to do some jigsaw solving using image editors to get it back to its proper shape...but it might work.

Anyway, in those cases, the files to download are under play.dl.dlsite.com/content/work/doujin/(work ID)/(work ID)/optimized/ , at least for my case.

Last edited:

nidezrel

Jul 18, 2020
I just bought a browser exclusive comic and now feel like an idiot. Does anyone happen to have found a way to download these? If I could use it on the offline reader I could use the dl dumper, but within the browser it's a different situation.

@onyhow The account manager doesn't list a dlsite account for me. Is this on regular JD2?

biqQBdbwduibf

Jun 27, 2019
I know this is a really late reply, but I believe I have found a way. The problem is that it's very manual work-ey, but so far it works for me:

First, you need 2 things: uBlock Origin and JDownloader 2.

I'm not sure if this is totally necessary, but add your account on JDownloader 2 under play.dlsite.com just in case. Keep JD2 open.

Anyway, open up the logger for uBO, then on your DLSite Play, navigate and open the video file you want to download.

Now, check your Logger. There should be an entry with the url: https//play.dlsite.com/api/video/playlist?token=

Copy the whole url (in my case the url ends with .m3u8. Don't worry, just do it). If everything goes well, JD2 will capture the link and in LinkGrabber it'll show a video file with the name playlist...and in my case it's a .mp4 video even though the source file is supposed to be .avi (I think DLSite streams file in .mp4 to save bandwidth, since most .avi files distribute by groups are uncompressed, while .mp4 in most case are compressed), but that doesn't matter. If that appears, then congrats. You're nearly done!

Download the file immediately, since the URL has expiration time tagged in. I think if the link expires you'll have to redo the whole thing again.

Congrats, you just downloaded the web exclusive file! If you're not sure, also play the downloaded file side by side with the web one to verify.

I haven't tried to grab the other file types yet like .mp3, .wav, or various picture files, but the principle of it should be the same...I just need to find the proper link in the Logger, especially since those won't be under /video/ due to being of different file types.

Update: For audio files, you'll only get .mp3 as an output, no .wav, sorry (again, I guess it's bandwidth). For image files...ugh, it'll be a jumbled mess and you'll have to do some jigsaw solving using image editors to get it back to its proper shape...but it might work.

Anyway, in those cases, the files to download are under play.dl.dlsite.com/content/work/doujin/(work ID)/(work ID)/optimized/ , at least for my case.
It works thanks!!! You really came through after so long haha. I totally forogt about this thread.

onyhow

Oct 31, 2020
I just bought a browser exclusive comic and now feel like an idiot. Does anyone happen to have found a way to download these? If I could use it on the offline reader I could use the dl dumper, but within the browser it's a different situation.

@onyhow The account manager doesn't list a dlsite account for me. Is this on regular JD2?
You can add them manually. It's what I did.

I hadn't bought any web-only comic yet. Still, try my method, you might be able to grab pictures out...if it's not a jumbled mess, that is.

Arimil

Jun 2, 2020
I found a better way to do this:

1. Open up devtools in your browser (F12).
  2. Go to the network tab and search for m3u8
  3. Find the entry that contains the highest resolution in the name (e.g. 720)
  4. Copy the link to the m3u8 file
  5. Use with the command
    Code:
    ffmpeg -i http://.../playlist.m3u8 -c copy -bsf:a aac_adtstoasc output.mp4

onyhow

Oct 31, 2020
I found a better way to do this:

1. Open up devtools in your browser (F12).
  2. Go to the network tab and search for m3u8
  3. Find the entry that contains the highest resolution in the name (e.g. 720)
  4. Copy the link to the m3u8 file
  5. Use with the command
    Code:
    ffmpeg -i http://.../playlist.m3u8 -c copy -bsf:a aac_adtstoasc output.mp4
I think JD2 does auto ffmpeg, though I guess your way is good too! (I guess you can use that m3u8 and paste it into JD2 too)

Arimil

Jun 2, 2020
Yeah, you may have to refresh the page for the m3u8 to show up in the network tab since it doesn't track network connections prior to you having the network tools open.

Ultimaniacx4

Feb 11, 2018

Found this post while looking for a solution to this exact issue. I found this extension:

It adds a button next to purchased manga in your library and downloads it as a zip. It worked for me.

Reactions: EstrangeNS

flawper

Oct 22, 2019
Found this post while looking for a solution to this exact issue. I found this extension:

It adds a button next to purchased manga in your library and downloads it as a zip. It worked for me.
Is this script safe to download and use? Also I tried it out and doesnt seem to work