Ren'Py How to disable anti dev mode ?

qyquy

May 25, 2023
i change savetoken to enable edit save ( still not working xD)
so how to disable or remove anti dev mod (shif + o)

Last edited:

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
1. new text file
2. enter the following contents "define config.developer = True"
3. save in "game" folder with name "zz_i_heart_pen15.rpy"
4. wipe hands on pants

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
1. new text file
4. wipe hands on pants
define config.console = True would be better here.
It would lead to the same result (enabling the console) without the possible issues triggered by the developer mode that show some errors that are otherwise transparent.

Reactions: osanaiko

qyquy

May 25, 2023
1. new text file
4. wipe hands on pants
My old save has cheat mod so when I use the new version and load the file it is banned xD

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
I don't understand how a "cheatmod" can have anything to do with enabling the console or developer.

What do you mean by "banned"?

What game are you using this on?

Reactions: qyquy

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
What do you mean by "banned"?
He probably talk about the security tokens that PyTom added to prevent the use of possibly compromised save files.

But me too I fail to understand what a cheatmod can have to do with all this. They are expected to works in the game, and therefore do not interfere with the save files.

Or perhaps is he thinking about a save editor ?

qyquy

May 25, 2023
My old save has cheat table for renpy instead of dev mod ( shift + O).
So variables of old save turn on anti-cheat. XD
Maybe I didn't describe it very clearly, but that's roughly it xDDDDD.
Like im dumb sry

qyquy

May 25, 2023
And when I edit the save file, I can't play it after load save
i change script of savetoken to enable edit save but still not working

but now Its running
thanks god Xd

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
So variables of old save turn on anti-cheat. XD
It is not an anti-cheat, it's an anti-corruption.
Save files can contain offensive code that can then compromise your OS, and it the save editor you use cared about its users, it would just edit the save files correctly, what isn't too difficult to do.

Here's PyTom take on it. And for many reasons, this post have 99% chances to be legit.

peterppp

Mar 5, 2020
Here's PyTom take on it. And for many reasons, this post have 99% chances to be legit.
it does seem genuine, but it raises questions because then this must also be 99% chance of legit. unless he was joking with his only post ever (at that point)
Auto-forward mode was called fap mode when it was under development, but I didn't want to go with a name that was too on point.
you didn't seem to think so then.
He's also known to not have a liking for adult games. He don't care if people use Ren'Py to make them, but prefer to just ignore that they exist. So, having an account here, even in a so long past, don't feel like something he would do.
hmmm....:unsure:

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Yeah, I know. But it was the only post from the account, what by itself is relatively suspicious, especially with what was that post.
But him coming back six years later, and going directly to the right thread (there's many about that issue here, but only one that goes so in depth in "how to mess with the security measure"), changed my mind. He surely ended hearing about that precise thread, and thought that he had to explain why following those advice is not a good idea.

Plus, in between he shown more tolerance regarding adult games. Probably because F95zone generally come in top result with the official forum when it come to search regarding Ren'Py. Whatever his thoughts about what people make here, there's no doubt that they now are a big part of the Ren'Py community.