Others How to bypass "Rape" guideline in Patreon? Is Subscribestar a good alternative?

Denis Pimenta

Mar 13, 2024
I know Patreon is the main site for NSFW support and to grow a good community today, but after reading Patreon's Guidelines I noticed they are quite strict regarding "Rape" and "Incest".

While the guidelines are clear about the incest part, I'm curious about how to navigate 'X' without violating the rules. Can you provide any insights?

Patreon says:
1710340894317.png

This guideline restrict about 90% of all hentai games, leaving perhaps only romantic and non sexual content stuffs...

Is there an alt for Patreon? Is Subscribestar a good alt?

I was thinking in another ways to bypass the Patreon's "Rape" rules, but it will change the storyline and maybe I still get banned... anyone with expertise to give me some tips?

BigCut

Dec 13, 2023
I don't have first-hand experience but from looking into the topic I'd say you have to settle for Subscribestar.

Even if you tried to circumvent the rules, the fact that they worded it "glorify non-consensual acts" means that, even if you were to put a disclaimer every time you start the game saying something to the effect of "none of this is real, all the characters are just pretending and have rape fetishes" they could still argue that the content "glorifies non-consent".

It's a bit vague on purpose, not to give you a chance to circumvent it, but in order to prevent you from circumventing it.

Ultimately they can just change the rules if by some miracle you find a way to circumvent them.

HOWEVER
If you were to do something like what DerelictHelmsman did with Breeders of the Nephelym's incest content, where the version you provide via Patreon doesn't have it (enabled), but there are other ways to "activate it", you might manage to find a loophole.

An example might be to have the version on Patreon contain none of the rape stuff, but to sneakily create a mod you "leak" on F95 to add it/enable it.

I'm not sure how viable that would actually be, but it would technically allow you to argue that the Patreon version doesn't break any of the rules.

I also don't know if this mod would have to contain all the rape related stuff in its entirety, or if you could just keep those files/lines of code/whatever disabled until someone adds a single file to the root folder, and have the game enable said content upon detecting the file. (which is what Breeders of the Nephelym does, or at least did last time I played)

This is all second hand experience and inferrences from me, as I said, so if you have the chance to run this by an actual game dev/someone who has a Patreon you should probably do that first.

Or you could admit defeat and settle for Subscribestar. A lot easier.

Last edited: