Tutorial Others How To Bypass Last Man's Drm

Hyaenidaemax

Aug 12, 2016
Anyone know how to get the cheats working? According to some guy in the main thread '1' is the response for club members and '2' is for non-members (so we're responding with the right number) but we still can't use cheats.
Anyone?
Yeah I stopped updating it since he started this DRM online email verification. And theres no way to save offline or to cheat at all.
It seems like we can play and save using fiddler now, should try to figure out how to use cheats though...

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
I'll edit the Last Man thread OP, give the needed info and link this post, then. I'll do that much. :)

Mukallif

Aug 5, 2016
. It has an Always Online DRM system which many including me think is silly and don't like. Here's how to login as a subscriber without contacting them.

Firstly you need to download a program called Fiddler. Fiddler is a Web Debugger which tracks traffic from your computer to the internet and vice versa.

Open Last Man. Don't press anything yet, if the game has already logged you in then change the user/pass fields, click login to get a failed login then exit and restart the program. Open Fiddler.

In Fiddler you will see the words "All Processes" at the top next to a target like symbol. Click on this and a cross cursor appears which you need to drag onto the Last Man window. Now this will track any requests coming from the game. You need to test this by typing in some nonsense as a user/pass then clicking Login.

In the left screen of Fiddler, you will see that you now have a request. Highlight this request then click on AutoResponder in the right hand screen. This will allow you to spoof a response from the Last Man server back to the program. After highlighting your request click the "Add Rule" button. You will see a bit of text appear saying EXACT: ......

Highlight this row and at the bottom click the drop down and hit Create New Response. In the Raw section, copy/paste the following.

Code:
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: nginx
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2017 12:07:26 GMT
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
Connection: keep-alive
Vary: Accept-Encoding
X-Powered-By: PleskLin
MS-Author-Via: DAV
Content-Length: 1

The number at the end is the important bit. Save it an make sure the checkbox next to the rule is checked.

Click on Enable Rules. Go back to Last Man and click Login. You should get a successfully logged in message as a subscriber . Go back to Fiddler and uncheck Enable Rules and close it (important!).

Saving and Loading isn't going to work though I can put some effort in and make a custom request for it if people are bothered.

It's a bit of an annoyance to setup but the next time you want to play, you can just open Fiddler and check Enable Rules then rather than doing it all again.
I can't find the "RAW section" in the fiddler

Reactions: D3ssel

woody

Jan 31, 2017
can someone teach me how to use cheatengien in this game
sorry for my bad english :biggrin:
not played with the latest version with DRM,but the older versions i used cheat engine all the time on it ,most values i found under float & 4 bit for items

maximusleroy

Aug 26, 2016
Seems some actions like the Industrial zone and the gallery expect some server response. I was able to figure it out and make them work, but it's gonna be a pain if there is a bunch more of them.

I was able to enable the gallery and get access to all the replays, but the game leaks so much memory it crashes by the time it gets to the last page.

maximusleroy

Aug 26, 2016
I was finally able to finish the game, and even was able to get access to the base and gambling hall.
When the game send a request to the server it expect to receive the # of the scene it's supposed to go to next.
Early on, most of the scene don't need it but all the later ones do.
By using fiddler to generate fake responses you can figure out what all the scenes are and go from there.

There's still 3 scenes that I don't know where they fit. If someone had the 100% walkthrough of the latest version I could figure out where they go add them to my rule set and then export all my rules so that people would only have to import them into fiddler to be able to play the full game.

Reactions: Firefly and dspeed

dspeed

Oct 15, 2016
I was finally able to finish the game, and even was able to get access to the base and gambling hall.
When the game send a request to the server it expect to receive the # of the scene it's supposed to go to next.
By using fiddler to generate fake responses you can figure out what all the scenes are and go from there.

There's still 3 scenes that I don't know where they fit. If someone had the 100% walkthrough of the latest version I could figure out where they go add them to my rule set and then export all my rules so that people would only have to import them into fiddler to be able to play the full game.
Good work!

I don't actually play this game, I was just showing a proof of concept to @muttdoggy but to get a full list of rules already that open up the whole game is really impressive. Hopefully there's enough of a workaround to keep the game alive on the main forum.

ace_boogie

Professional Asshole
Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016

I can get you that 100% walkthrough if you still need it

maximusleroy

Aug 26, 2016
I posted the file in the other thread for those you may want it.

Maciej

May 26, 2017
Hi, i have a problem with the game. After doing everything according to your guidebook, I click the login window and the game logs non stop.

Reactions: gsi00111