VN Ren'Py How to be a Hero [WIP]

Calalen

Game Developer
Jan 28, 2018
Greetings, everyone. I wanted to share a project of mine with everyone here. I'm working on an rpg styled visual novel set in a fantasy world. In this setting, a goddess has been stripped of her powers and it's up to you, her last paladin, to get it back.

You do this by fighting and/or molesting things to submission.

It's still a work in progress but I've been working at it every day for about a month now. A lot of the sprites for the first area are done and I'm still keeping at it.

helfcasual.png plelfblush.png Zinnia.png battle result.jpg

Calalen

Game Developer
Jan 28, 2018
Thanks you guys! Work continues, I'm finalizing combat and trying to get some sort of level system working. I have no idea how to do level curves though. We'll see.

battle result.jpg

Reactions: Dictateur

Calalen

Game Developer
Jan 28, 2018
More work needs to be done on this. Thankfully, most of it is only writing.

The first major romance option's art is almost done.
She is a half elf who comes to check out how such an inferior species could defeat her kin.

Also, now when you beat half elves enough times, they stop trying to fight you and just submit.
Zinia Sprite.png slutsmallsmile.png

lordukk

May 21, 2017
nice art :eazyHype:
but please don't make so that the mc has to be defeated in battle to see some lewdies :ForeverAlone:
I hate those games that intentionally encourage you to lose~~

Calalen

Game Developer
Jan 28, 2018
nice art :eazyHype:
but please don't make so that the mc has to be defeated in battle to see some lewdies :ForeverAlone:
I hate those games that intentionally encourage you to lose~~
That will be a thing because... Well, otherwise any time you lose it would just be 'you lose'.
And that's boring.

Likewise, winning fights earns scenes as well.
pelfhurt.png

Reactions: lordukk

Macattack

May 3, 2017
Oh can I ask what the hero looks like? I almost always prefer aged hero's on games with a adventure plot XD

Another question, is the goddess human sized, and romanceable?

Calalen

Game Developer
Jan 28, 2018
Oh can I ask what the hero looks like? I almost always prefer aged hero's on games with a adventure plot XD

Another question, is the goddess human sized, and romanceable?
The MC doesn't have a design yet. I had planned for them to be customizable but I'm trying to keep the scope down. The goddess is the lady attached to this post. One is her current form and the other is her 'avatar' form. She's human sized but not interested in settling down with anyone. You can still chat with her and stuff.

sluttony small sprite.png sluttony sprite.png

Rishikesh

Dec 16, 2017
Greetings, everyone. I wanted to share a project of mine with everyone here. I'm working on an rpg styled visual novel set in a fantasy world. In this setting, a goddess has been stripped of her powers and it's up to you, her last paladin, to get it back.

You do this by fighting and/or molesting things to submission.

It's still a work in progress but I've been working at it every day for about a month now. A lot of the sprites for the first area are done and I'm still keeping at it.

View attachment 62901 View attachment 62902 View attachment 62904 View attachment 62903
Plss also make it for android

Macattack

May 3, 2017
The MC doesn't have a design yet. I had planned for them to be customizable but I'm trying to keep the scope down. The goddess is the lady attached to this post. One is her current form and the other is her 'avatar' form. She's human sized but not interested in settling down with anyone. You can still chat with her and stuff.

View attachment 71578 View attachment 71579
thanks for letting me know good luck with all this

Calalen

Game Developer
Jan 28, 2018
Thank you everyone for your well wishes. Getting closer and closer to demo release. Still just writing and testing, I'll keep this thread updated.

Here's a sneak peek of a scene with the Half Elf.

helfwin2.png

Calalen

Game Developer
Jan 28, 2018
People wanted to be able to fuck the Plague Elf without dying. That's impossible in the current state of the game, so I made a compromise.

plelftitjob.png

Mind you, the art for the demo will probably still just be a sketch, for time reasons. I'd like to have the demo out before the end of the month so I'm focusing hard on writing rather than art.

Calalen

Game Developer
Jan 28, 2018
Work still continues on this game. More art is being added, more writing to be done.
melfwinpreview.png

eosar

Aug 11, 2016
A suggestion that might not be needed is to make the MC (graphically speaking) a dick and let everything behind the dick be whatever the player identifies as (that has a dick) regarding gender. And just use gender neutral pronouns in the text.

Thus, the customization will be limited to the dick, with different colors, spikes, tentacles or whatever else.