4.20 star(s) 5 Votes

epsillon123

Jul 20, 2017
What's there so far is 10/10. Definitely looking forward to this as it develops.

My only real complaint is that the arouse but don't lewd scenes don't seem to be repeatable yet, but I assume that will eventually happen. It might also be cool to have a couple different levels if you deny them repeatedly.

Also, I got up to about 12 arouse per spell before I decided I had seen everything, and that's with only 3.5 out of like 50 map squares. I could easily see being able to arouse spiders and such into submission by mid-game. Might need either some balancing or some easter eggs.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Er... @Ikseez , why do you use a two and half years old version of Ren'py ? There were so many improvements along the 16 versions released since. The code will need some change to run on the 7.1.0, but 99% of the said changes are just bug/approximation corrections, so it's all benefit for the game itself.

newgrounds

Dec 2, 2017
1. How to get food for bat woman?
2. Please make it so you can use your mouse wheel to scroll back
3. Not sure if this only happens to me but when im using the Ctrl to skip it skips unseen messages even though its not turned on in preferences
4. When you get into the game more you only get dialogue and barely fight anything to get gold or health, I could only fight male elves and spiders.
Also very good game, I enjoyed it hopefully theres more to come!

Calalen

Game Developer
Jan 28, 2018
What's there so far is 10/10. Definitely looking forward to this as it develops.

My only real complaint is that the arouse but don't lewd scenes don't seem to be repeatable yet, but I assume that will eventually happen. It might also be cool to have a couple different levels if you deny them repeatedly.

Also, I got up to about 12 arouse per spell before I decided I had seen everything, and that's with only 3.5 out of like 50 map squares. I could easily see being able to arouse spiders and such into submission by mid-game. Might need either some balancing or some easter eggs.
Why would anyone deny them. Are you some kinda monster? But no, there will be some added stuff if you continue to deny them. It's mostly a placeholder right now.
And you can become massively overpowered fairly early on. I want to do balancing but that will have to wait until you are able to purchase items that allow you to augment your abilities.

Also, you should try to arouse the spider! Something special might happen.

Er... @Ikseez , why do you use a two and half years old version of Ren'py ? There were so many improvements along the 16 versions released since. The code will need some change to run on the 7.1.0, but 99% of the said changes are just bug/approximation corrections, so it's all benefit for the game itself.
Mostly because that's the version I had already. I've been tinkering with VNs for a while now and when I started that was the most recent edition. Would you mind telling me the major changes between the versions? The one I'm using seems to work fine but if there are major QoL revisions I would be more than willing to put the time in to port it over.

1. How to get food for bat woman?
2. Please make it so you can use your mouse wheel to scroll back
3. Not sure if this only happens to me but when im using the Ctrl to skip it skips unseen messages even though its not turned on in preferences
4. When you get into the game more you only get dialogue and barely fight anything to get gold or health, I could only fight male elves and spiders.
Also very good game, I enjoyed it hopefully theres more to come!
1. You'll be able to as soon as the shop opens in the upcoming update!
2. I will do that. It's turned off for battles so I have to see about turning it back on after the end of them. Hopefully that won't break everything.
3. I will look into that, it shouldn't be doing that. Thanks for bringing it up!
4. That will be fixed in the next update with the addition of Champion Enemies. These are harder enemies that will still give you gold and health.

I'm glad you enjoy it, though, and I hope you will play the next update! It will be released shortly. I will post about it here and on my patreon.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Mostly because that's the version I had already. I've been tinkering with VNs for a while now and when I started that was the most recent edition. Would you mind telling me the major changes between the versions? The one I'm using seems to work fine but if there are major QoL revisions I would be more than willing to put the time in to port it over.
Are you really expecting me to summarize the changes that came over 16 successive versions of Ren'py with other words than : "It's way better, easier to use, more powerful and more stable" ?
I mean, just for the 6.99.11 there's a whole new GUI (more easy to configure while offering more customization possibilities), the local labels, some interesting new style properties, buttons can be linked to a key (for both action and alternate), and so on. Around 40% of the official cover these 16 versions, the other 60% being for the 35 previous versions...
While you can do the same with the 7.1.0 than with the 6.99.10 you use, there's a whole world between them.

Calalen

Game Developer
Jan 28, 2018
Are you really expecting me to summarize the changes that came over 16 successive versions of Ren'py with other words than : "It's way better, easier to use, more powerful and more stable" ?
I mean, just for the 6.99.11 there's a whole new GUI (more easy to configure while offering more customization possibilities), the local labels, some interesting new style properties, buttons can be linked to a key (for both action and alternate), and so on. Around 40% of the official cover these 16 versions, the other 60% being for the 35 previous versions...
While you can do the same with the 7.1.0 than with the 6.99.10 you use, there's a whole world between them.
Haha, I didn't expect you to go over everything. Even the small summary you gave is enough to pique my interest. I'm not the best programmer in the world so a lot of stuff like that goes over my head. Thanks a bunch for bringing it up, I've already downloaded it and I'm going to see if I can fix my code to utilize it. There's some errors with the fighting system so far but I don't think it is anything major.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
[...] I'm going to see if I can fix my code to utilize it. There's some errors with the fighting system so far but I don't think it is anything major.
I only took a quick look, but normally there isn't major problems. Like I said, it's more some approximation that aren't permit anymore. So anyway it will lead to a more stable code.

Leob70

Dec 13, 2017
I definitely agree on the not being required to fuck things to progress, it's not because I don't want to sex things because I very much do it's because im not attructed to humans, human male genitalia, and things that are too human which unfortunately for me includes elves.

The game is sex based so I don't excpect there to be no sex I just don't like it when games throw me into scenes it deems are sufficiently vanilla so "you must enjoy this right" or sometimes the opposite where if I don't sex up enough humanlike things to show im a kinky bastard I can't fuck the other monstergirls.

I enjoy the game so far, keep up the good work I like the art and work being put into things. On a sidenote do you plan on making all males/futas have humanlike cocks, id like to know where to put my expectations on that as well as with things like spider/bee ovipositor and weirdly positioned cocks and whatnot (I find the last one unlikely).

Calalen

Game Developer
Jan 28, 2018
I enjoy the game so far, keep up the good work I like the art and work being put into things. On a sidenote do you plan on making all males/futas have humanlike cocks, id like to know where to put my expectations on that as well as with things like spider/bee ovipositor and weirdly positioned cocks and whatnot (I find the last one unlikely).
Not every creature that has a dick will have a human-like dick. That applies mainly to mostly humanoid monsters. I don't plan on adding oviposition, however.

newgrounds

Dec 2, 2017
Not every creature that has a dick will have a human-like dick. That applies mainly to mostly humanoid monsters. I don't plan on adding oviposition, however.
why dont u just add dicks to every species like the pure elves just so u can appeal to everyone

Calalen

Game Developer
Jan 28, 2018
why dont u just add dicks to every species like the pure elves just so u can appeal to everyone
Not everyone likes dicks. Having some have them and others not is more inclusive. Also, adding dicks to everything now would take a good chunk of time.

Leob70

Dec 13, 2017
Not everyone likes dicks. Having some have them and others not is more inclusive. Also, adding dicks to everything now would take a good chunk of time.
Unless I misunderstood newgrounds it seemed like he was saying adding a futa/male variation to each existing and future species, while that option would be more inclusive it would still take up alot of time and while I know I personally would enjoy it for many of the monsters im not sure it would be considered worth the time especially when the basic story progression needs to be developed and things like shop mechanics brought into a prototype stage.

Im not sure what kind of ratio you plan on running with but 1 male or futa for every 2 species could potentially work out, with the half elves it looked a wee bit easier because you could reuse part of the artwork but not every race is androgynous like that so im unsure what kind of workload you would be dealing with trying to pull that off.

Thanks for letting me know i'll keep it in mind and anticipate further builds/updates.

Calalen

Game Developer
Jan 28, 2018
Sorry about the delays everyone! Work has been pretty intense lately but things are still moving along. The extra bit of time has allowed me to work on the last oni for the mountain area, Ibaraki. He's Shuten's twin and was at one point set to be her husband. He's a good boy.

oni preview 3.png

Also the store works 100% now so look forward to that as well!

metalspace

Jun 30, 2018
Sorry about the delays everyone! Work has been pretty intense lately but things are still moving along. The extra bit of time has allowed me to work on the last oni for the mountain area, Ibaraki. He's Shuten's twin and was at one point set to be her husband. He's a good boy.

View attachment 148778

Also the store works 100% now so look forward to that as well!
Those characters look sweet; really looking forward to this. Keep up the great work.

Calalen

Game Developer
Jan 28, 2018
new camp follower.jpg

The next update is here! While not as big as I would like it to be, it sets the stage for the rest of the 0.1 updates.

The previous saves are NOT compatible with this version! A complete overhaul of the battle system was done and several new characters have been added.

You can download the update here:
A free version will be posted within the next 48 hours.
Or someone will leak the link here. Whichever comes first!

Changelog:
  • Defense is now a thing! Enemies, and you, can resist physical or lust attacks! Things have been changed accordingly.
  • The shop now functions. Lots of items to buy there now.
  • You can explore the top of the mountain after you've beaten the Plague Elf enough times. What kind of weird horned creatures are up there?
  • You can now feed the bat woman!
  • The Half Elf sub route has become a Half Elf Follower route. She has a new sprite and will join you at camp.
  • 1 new cg, dozens of new sprites.
  • Lots of under the hood work to ensure that the next version will be 100% compatible with this save.
What's next:

• Pure Elf route continue
  • Nari route continue
  • Beatrice route continue
  • One of the oni will receive more attention than the others for the next update.
  • Drow scene (?)

Darthjake

Jun 2, 2017
I was just wondering if it's even possible to beat the drow right now? She keeps healing herself and beating me down, and with 40 Lust, there is no way I can arouse her.

MasterBlaxter

Nov 10, 2017
First off, I've written a few stories set in this game that some might find interesting. Link is below. Note that to see them, you have to click the Filters button in the upper left hand corner (Right below the logo lady's ass) and check everything but Guro and Scat. Nothing I write features either of those things. Currently, there's a story about victory sex with the trap elf and another long story about the female half elf. I hope you all enjoy. (Click the Chapter link below the title to read)

Direct link to How to be a Hero stories (Use if the filters aren't working)
Half Elf

Trap Elf

Thoughts on the update:
Summary:
Typos -
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
General notes -
Combat notes -
Notes on sex scenes -
Drow Elf Crash Log

4.20 star(s) 5 Votes