4.20 star(s) 5 Votes

Calalen

Game Developer
Jan 28, 2018
Pure elf wife when?
Soon!

This game is really solid, promising future.
Keep up the good work.
Thank you very much! I'm still working hard at the game to improve it.

I already spoke elsewhere that i like your artwork Elf-dev. Simple, but cute.
My only doubts are about the game's future and what goes beyond the "lewding the elfs" aspect. Will there be routes of sorts for each girl? game changing dialogue choices? or distinct characters for each race? (ya know, like different character designs and even names maybe).
And also if there will be more furry gals, like the bat chick.
Cheers and good luck with the game, it's more of an embryo atm, but looks alright.
Also, looking forward to the plague elf action. ;)
There will be plenty of unique characters later on. Most of the enemies seen in the demo are generic enemies who are kinda like fodder. There will be more, unique, characters later on. Like Zinia, a Half Elf who takes a liking to the Hero.
zcasual.png

I posted this on patreon but I'll post it here as well. Since I released the demo I've received a lot of feedback and one of the more common complaints is people don't know what to do at certain points. Hopefully this will help.

new map.jpg

When mousing over parts of the map they will highlight so you know what you're clicking. Or that they're clickable at all.

Also, if an area has an important event unlocked a ! will appear. Hopefully this will help guide people along the story properly. It also triggers if you have enough points to increase your arouse spell. Also, NPCs will nudge you into the right path.

Half Elves now have more varied dialogue depending on your actions in the game and Lady Sluttony will talk about things you've done. Also, there's no longer a need to constantly return to camp. In exchange a Wait attack has been added to battle in case you want to lose to enemies on purpose.

All this and more will be included in the next big update.

GAZUMU

Oct 16, 2017
Enjoyed this quite a bit, especially for how early in development it is. Will definitely contribute on Patreon if I like the upcoming updates.

I would like to see more scene variety with the generic enemies. Also it woud be interesting if the player character could focus more on violence instead of lust, affecting how you level up, how certain scenes play out and how some characters react to him.
(although that doesn't make sense currently, seeing as you're sort of the prophet for the goddess of lust)

Calalen

Game Developer
Jan 28, 2018
So the main hero is male right?
They're whatever you want them to be except they have a dick.
So, male is a safe guess.

Enjoyed this quite a bit, especially for how early in development it is. Will definitely contribute on Patreon if I like the upcoming updates.

I would like to see more scene variety with the generic enemies. Also it would be interesting if the player character could focus more on violence instead of lust, affecting how you level up, how certain scenes play out and how some characters react to him.
(although that doesn't make sense currently, seeing as you're sort of the prophet for the goddess of lust)
I hope you stick around for the next updates. There's lots of work planned and I think you'll like how it comes out.

And what you're asking about is already in the code,somewhat. The next big build will give you less peaceful options but don't expect Lady Sluttony to be pleased by this.

Calalen

Game Developer
Jan 28, 2018
The next big update isn't far off now.
There's new art for the elves including completely redone scenes for the Male Half Elves.

demo update preview.png

Some more gameplay changes have been made. There's a Wait button in battle in case you don't want to do anything for a turn, there's more dialogue with different characters, and you fully heal after every battle.

DawnCry

Nov 25, 2017
The next big update isn't far off now.
There's new art for the elves including completely redone scenes for the Male Half Elves.

View attachment 117330

Some more gameplay changes have been made. There's a Wait button in battle in case you don't want to do anything for a turn, there's more dialogue with different characters, and you fully heal after every battle.
I recommend a surrender buttom because... reasons.

Mainly to see the defeat scenes for characters that have it.

Calalen

Game Developer
Jan 28, 2018
I recommend a surrender buttom because... reasons.

Mainly to see the defeat scenes for characters that have it.
Haha that was the original plan but a 'surrender' button was becoming tricky to make so I just went with 'wait' for now. If I can iron out the issues 'wait' will be replaced with 'surrender'.

Calalen

Game Developer
Jan 28, 2018
The next big update for How to be a Hero is still being worked on. I found another bug that was quickly squished from the older version.
The next update will have Zinia's route at least started, more work on the Plague Elf, all the other elves will be complete. Also a bunch of QoL changes to the battle system. I still can't get quest markers working but that is on my todo-list. I've completely redone the art for the Male Half Elf win scene and everyone will have at least two new CGs.

I also want to expand the amount of areas available at the start so that way you're not just grinding in the forest for the first hour or two. So when you start off the mountain will be available from the start. It is divided into two areas with the upper peaks being home to some of the more powerful creatures in the game and the lower area filled with a few weaker monsters.

Here's a peek at one of the guys who rest on the upper part of the mountain.

oni preview.png

One of the five oni who live at the top. Oni in this setting are half demons who are forced from their homes for one reason or another. This girl has a snake demon for a father. That means she has a snake tail and scales. Does she have some kind of freaky snake cloaca? Only one way to find out.

That's it for now. I'll keep posting as more updates come.

Black Usagi

Jul 30, 2017
This looks really promising, love the art style of your characters, and I like where its going. As for the trap thank you just thank you theres only 2 pages worth of trap content (or at least tagged with trap) on here and even less good games with them so Im excited to see some fantasy girls and traps. Gameplay as in combat is barebones right now but looking forward to next updates to come!

Calalen

Game Developer
Jan 28, 2018
Waiting for pure elf stuff. Best girl doesn't even have an image in OP.
She is surprisingly popular! I hope you like the next update, she has quite a bit more content in it.

This looks really promising, love the art style of your characters, and I like where its going. As for the trap thank you just thank you theres only 2 pages worth of trap content (or at least tagged with trap) on here and even less good games with them so Im excited to see some fantasy girls and traps. Gameplay as in combat is barebones right now but looking forward to next updates to come!
Thanks! Beyond the male half elf I have a unique romance trap npc planned for those who want more interaction with one.

When's the next update gonna drop?
Expect it before the month is out. Here's a sneak peek of some of the new assets.

beblushsmile.png pelfsub.png helfnude.png

Calalen

Game Developer
Jan 28, 2018
the caves.jpg

The update is out! You can pick it up here:

Changelog:

• The Half Elf, Male Half Elf, and Pure Elf all have new scenes.
  • New 'sub scenes' and 'buildup scenes for the three main elves.
  • A Wait button has been added to battle.
  • You heal after you win every battle. You only have to go to heal if you escape or if you lose a fight.
  • Lady Sluttony will chat with you at camp. She only has a little to say now but the next update will have her comment on all your escapades.
  • The Elf City now has a proper introduction.
  • Zinia introduction scene done.
  • You can explore the Caves. Lots of bats in there.
  • A (non-working) shop has been added to the elf city.

4.20 star(s) 5 Votes