1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Ren'Py] [VN] How To Be A Hero [v0.1] [Larro]

Discussion in 'Games' started by Thrownaway13, Jun 9, 2018.

[Ren'Py] [VN] How To Be A Hero [v0.1] [Larro] 5 5 1votes
5/5, 1 vote

1. Thread
  2. Reviews (1)
  1. Thrownaway13

Thrownaway13 2nd Best Uploader Moderator

May 27, 2017
    8ef8f30fe7274559b90baa05df1b78f4.png
    Overview:
    The land of Minia has been thrown into chaos. The Goddess of Lewds, Lady Sluttony, has had her power stolen and divided among three wicked people. You are her last paladin and it is up to you to face them and take back your goddess's power. Travel the land, fight enemies, lewd monstergirls.
    Updated: 06/08/2018
    Developer/Publisher:

Please Log in / Register to view this link

@Ikseez
    Censorship: None
    Version: v0.1
    Language: English

Genre
    :
    2d game, ahegao, corruption, gay, domination, titfuck, trap, combat, adventure, fantasy, monster girl, turn based combat

Installation:
    1- Extract to desired location.
    2- Click on "How_To_Be_A_Hero.exe to start playing.

Download:

-

-

-

slutsmallangry.png narigrin.png hielfbattle.png helfangry.png

Il_Duca, Lolo08, OnlyForNau and 28 others like this.
  2. Voilsh

Voilsh Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2017
    "Gay"
    Really?

3. Ikseez

Ikseez Member Game Developer

Jan 28, 2018
    There's a boy elf in there you can bang. That's pretty gay if you ask me.

4. Mistress_Kixen

Mistress_Kixen Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2017
    looks interesting lets see what it has to offer.

5. Desuro

Desuro Member

Sep 6, 2016
    The art looks simple yet i know how much work it takes and its very nice, will defo watch and see how amazing it will become.

jerricho13 likes this.
  6. DawnCry

DawnCry Active Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Nothing against gay content... even if I'm hetero.

Unless a game is mainly gay I think it's worth to play it. I for example play Tits and Coc and sometimes lost to the wrong character with my male character... but well it never bothered me.

7. macadam

macadam Well-Known Member Game Developer

Aug 5, 2016
    i dont know what "ahegao" is... and the "trap" tag make me laugh XD

( why do they always use japanese name for the genre ? is there no english translation for this tags/genre ? )

8. mthrndr01

mthrndr01 New Member

Apr 23, 2018
    It's that tongue hanging out, drowned in pleasure face you'll see in hentai. I don't know that there's really a specific English term for it.

cloudmoon likes this.
  9. Ikseez

Jan 28, 2018
    There's one male character in the game you can bang. If you don't want to you don't have to. And it's hilariously easy to avoid losing to him.

melfcasual.png

TheSexinati, darlic and Sword26 like this.
  10. Gomly1980

Gomly1980 Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2017
    Trap is English.....

asdfax and sictbttwagr like this.
  11. DawnCry

DawnCry Active Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Ok now I have tried the game and... for now seems okay, it isn't truly special at this point but it can become special.

I have found 4 types of enemies, the half-elf, pure elf, plague elf and the spider and I think I have seen all possible interactions that are currently in the game.

One thing that is a bit of a disappointment is that you can't level up or become stronger thanks to fighting, it seems only having sex makes you stronger (at least for now).

Another thing is that the encounters all are generic for now, I would have liked it to be more related to different individuals of the races of the game, having their own name and all that.

For those that wonder as I expected it has one male enemy, he is half-elf and kind of a rare encounter, one thing that did bother to me is that it has almost the same scene at losing as the female part but with a dick added.

Enemies are quite easy to beat, however one important point is that it doesn't matter if you win by lust or by fighting, I hope this changes in the future.

Overall it's okay, I truly think that future updates can make a great game, what I would truly like to see is the following:

-Unique characters for each race to interact with (general encounters end up being... too general).
    -Showing our influence over each race while advancing during the game
    -Other ways to become stronger rather than only by sex (I don't know why but a part of me didn't want to trust the goddess, kind of like "she is evil" haha).
    -Having a stat menu, money, equipment and things like that.

It doesn't bother me, at most I skip the scene.

For me unless the spider gets a sex scene I won't have a problem at all hahaha.

12. Raxle94

Raxle94 Member

Jul 12, 2017
    Maybe the English term would be "fucked silly"? x'D

RockSalt likes this.
  13. Ikseez

Jan 28, 2018
    Thank you very much for the feedback! Allow me to address a few issues.

That is correct. You do get gold from knocking enemies out and that can be used on a shop that will be implemented later. As it stood, getting a shop working would have taken more time than I would have liked and I wanted to get something out to the public.

Definitely. The Plague Elf is a more unique enemy and there's a Half Elf you meet later on that you can romance. Romance options weren't included in the demo beyond some basic stuff with the Plague Elf.

zcasual.png

It will, that is a key feature I am still working on. To make it the way I'd like would require more writing and art and I had already put a lot of work into just what was shown.

A lot of the other things you mentioned are items I definitely plan on adding with the only stumbling block being an inventory screen.

ponyguy and Belphegor007 like this.
  14. Ikseez

Jan 28, 2018
    Also I should add that unless you get to the part where the Plague Elf offers her services in a less obviously lethal way you aren't quite done yet.

ponyguy likes this.
  15. macadam

macadam Well-Known Member Game Developer

Aug 5, 2016
    i know, i was refering to the "ahegao"

16. DawnCry

DawnCry Active Member

Nov 25, 2017
    I would find it quite interesting if the plague elf has increased hp based on that if you end up fighting her later, it would be a nice touch.

I have always been a fan of the level drain of succubus and characters that become stronger by certain actions or time.

And yeah, I did unlock the titjob.

One thing that I found it weird is that even when the pure elf starts to lust over you that she still kills me if I lose. But well, I know it's early in the development, I'm just commenting anything that feels a bit weird for now. I hope you have best luck and get many supporters in the future, the game in itself has potential.

17. Mistress_Kixen

Mistress_Kixen Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2017
    Translation Ahegao = Fucked Silly.

18. Ikseez

Jan 28, 2018
    Thanks a bunch for taking the time out to mention these, it's really appreciated. I already see exactly what I want/need to do for the next update.

19. Belphegor007

Belphegor007 Member

Aug 23, 2016
    I forgot what chan,board, and thread I saw this game originally being developed on for months

20. Sword26

Sword26 Active Member Donor

Aug 8, 2016
    can i avoid
    as long as it's optional idc honestly and i understand as a dev they appealing to a bigger audience is quite beneficial