Ren'Py How to adjust the skipping speed universally on every Ren'py game?

Apr 9, 2021
Hi, as stated in the title I have an issue that I have not been able to solve so far. I've been searching both on the Ren'py documentation and the Lemma Software forum but nothing!

Is there a way that you can set the SKIPPING SPEED as a VN player without going into the code or modifying it in any way?

Thank you so much in advance for your answers and have a great day

Last edited:

LightmanP

Modder
Game Developer
Oct 5, 2020
Hi, as stated in the title I have an issue that I have not been able to solve so far. I've been searching both on the Ren'py documentation and the Lemma Software forum but nothing!

Is there a way that you can set the SKIPPING SPEED as a VN player without going into the code or modifying it in any way?

Thank you so much in advance for your answers and have a great day
You can change via the console.

Apr 9, 2021
You're welcome. That's outdated, use this one. UnRen-v.0.11-old should work with most games.
Very kind, much appreciated. Take care!

EDIT: For posterity in case someone look for "references" from the MAIN search bar ↓

To open the CONSOLE, once enabled with the lastest version of UnRen (at the time of this writing → UnRen-v.0.11-newv4.zip) press the keyboard shortcut SHIFT + O, if you want to open the DEVELOPER MENU instead press SHIFT + D. If doesn't work in your game, listen to LightmanP's advice ABOVE and go with the UnRen-v.0.11-oldv2.zip (always at the time of this writing) version of the tool which should be compatible with ALMOST all Ren'Py material out there!

Hope it HELPS somebody, godspeed!

Last edited:
Reactions: LightmanP