Tutorial how to add third part in daz3d 4.10

jenny777

Dec 26, 2017
hi, i have downloaded a lot of assets to create a 3d toon with daz3d 4.10, they are in .zip format, i've read some tutorial to understand how to add these assets but no one has explained in a simple way what to do...
Do you know a good tutorial that can help me?
Thank you very much
Regards

xMassTransitx

Jun 15, 2018
So, I'm on a mac, but I faced the same problem when I got started about a week ago. Here's how I solved it:

When I download new content I:
1. Unpack / Unzip it
2. It will have a file structure that starts with a folder called "Content". The subfolders in the Content folder are the important ones. You want to keep the same folder structure as the files expect, so Daz is able to find them when you want to use the content. Your Folder structure is likely to look like this:

My Library
-data
-environments
-people
-presets
-props
-render presets
-runtime
-scene subsets
-shader preset
-shader presets (ONE file I downloaded uses this folder with this spelling, so I'm stuck with it too)
-templates

Data, People, and Runtime are the folders where 85% of your files will go.

For example, let's say that you get a new Hair product for a Genesis 8 Female.

You're likely going to need to:
1. Go to your unzipped folder structure.
2. Take the subfolders out of the data folder, and move them to the data folder of My Library
3. Take the subfolders out of the people folder, and move them to the My Library>People>Genesis 8 Female>Hair> subfolder.
4. Take the subfolders out of the runtime folder, and move them to support and textures in your My Library>Runtime>Support and My Library>Runtime>Textures folders, as appropriate.

You should start a new instance of Daz3D to test each new install, until you're confident in your system for installing new content.

Does that help?

xMassTransitx

Jun 15, 2018
Note: You may want to update your question to:
"How do you add Third Party Content in Daz3D 4.10"

That will make this thread easier to find for other people experiencing the same problem.