How does the Recommendations & Identification forum work? [Solved]

OGrexmexmax

Apr 30, 2019
Tried to go through and identify some stuff but I mostly found answered posts.
Is there a way to see what threads have already got answers?
Is there a way to report a thread so it gets deleted, archived or marked as answered?

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
Is there a way to see what threads have already got answers?
You can open the forum and click on "Filters" (top right corner, just above the sticky threads). Select:
- Prefix: Identification
- Last updated: 7 days (or whatever you think reasonable)
- Sort by: Replies + Ascending
then press the red button "Filter" and you'll see the unanswered threads on top.
Is there a way to report a thread so it gets deleted, archived or marked as answered?
I guess you can click on the "Report" link (first post of the thread, bottom left corner) and a mod will edit the title.
Never done it because I don't think the staff would appreciate the extra work. :p

Reactions: OGrexmexmax

OGrexmexmax

Apr 30, 2019
The main thing is that I don't know what to do when I find posts with 0 replies but they say "removed" or have an "edit: figured it out". The posts with no info (like "removed") I just report and a mod takes care of it, but what about the answered ones with no indication of such?
It's just annoying there's no "Solved" prefix or that it doesn't get automatically moved to solved like the posts in here (General Troubleshooting -> Solved).

You can open the forum and click on "Filters" (top right corner, just above the sticky threads). Select:
- Prefix: Identification
- Last updated: 7 days (or whatever you think reasonable)
- Sort by: Replies + Ascending
then press the red button "Filter" and you'll see the unanswered threads on top.
Good point.

I guess you can click on the "Report" link (first post of the thread, bottom left corner) and a mod will edit the title.
Never done it because I don't think the staff would appreciate the extra work. :p
Yeah that's why I'm hesitant to mass report.
Can I notify the poster somehow? PM or post?

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
It's just annoying there's no "Solved" prefix or that it doesn't get automatically moved to solved like the posts in here (General Troubleshooting -> Solved).
You can suggest it in the forum Features Request.
Can I notify the poster somehow? PM or post?
I'd PM them: a post would bump the thread.
You need at least X posts in order to PM someone. It was 3 a couple of years ago: maybe now it's 5, I don't know, sorry. Posts in the Off-Topic forum don't matter.

Last edited:
Reactions: OGrexmexmax

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
You're welcome.
Do I do anything to move this to solved or just leave it alone to automation?
You can just edit the title and add [Solved]. Or you can use the Report link in the first post. The mods will take care of the thread.