How do you make rooms and a map in Ren'Py?

Jonxd321

Jul 28, 2017
i seen some ren'py games have this free roaming feature. Like summer time saga. How do you do that?

thanks.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
i seen some ren'py games have this free roaming feature. Like summer time saga. How do you do that?

thanks.

There are actually two parts to this. Turns out I answered a similar question here:

You might want to give that a read - it talks both about how you build the screens and also how you typically structure your code.

Note that the information that @recreation is correct, however the Ren'py community has been moving away from the use of screens with imagemaps, in general, in favor of screens with imagebuttons. Not that the imagemaps won't work - far from it. They'll work perfectly, but they're a bit more ticklish to set up. (At least, IMHO.)

Reactions: Papa Ernie

xht_002

Sep 25, 2018
use renpy hotspot tool :

download : - probably have to download all OS version's for 202MB, dropbox is rubbish

Honey hunters

Jan 23, 2020
Hello everyone I'm new to F9ZONE and Also for game development , as now I'm making a new game . As I completed rendering but I need some help from pro game developer , in my game I want to add a clickable map icon in that map icon it's consists two maps DAY and Night clickable map with clickable house location , in every house there is clickable room location (like kitchen , bedroom , hallway etc.., ) for this I need a Source code for Day1 and Day2 ( if day1 scene is completed then next for Day2 scene . ) , Please help to develop my game. Thank you. ,