VN How do I post my game on this site??

keolamation

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2023
I semi-recently started a project, been mostly using Newgrounds but, some people with similar rating/lower ratings on their games I noticed were getting waayyy more plays and had like hella patreons etc and when I asked a few of them about how the hell they were doing so well (despite meh content <- some, not all of these guys obviously) they pointed to this website and to some reddit sub-groups. I frankly tried reading through the very long list of rules but, I still don't see any clear information on how you're supposed to post your OWN game. I have a stable stand-alone unity version that's ziped and ready to go.

Example; Do I post it to general discussion or is it it's own sub-thread to posting a game, I.G. Like, I know about posting 3 seperate links to any game version etc but. I don't see a sub-thread for "Game" only, "game request" etc

Also, how good is the feedback on this website? Are people constructive Or rude? "One of this things i hate about reddit tbh", but I haven't been getting any feedback on newgrounds maybe 1-2 reviews in like 3-4k plays it's kinda crazy slow.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2023
How to post a new game?

Regarding feedback, you need a thick skin. Some people are blunt but provide good criticism. Some will mindlessly give 5 stars with the word "potential" for a 5 min demo with no usable feedback. Some will say "no incest, I'm out" and now just exchange the word incest with NTR, Harem etc.

At the end of the day, you won't be able to please everyone so try your best to take positive out of any feedback and try to improve yourself and the product. Don't let them get to you :)

Goodluck and looking forward to your release!

keolamation

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2023
How to post a new game?

Regarding feedback, you need a thick skin. Some people are blunt but provide good criticism. Some will mindlessly give 5 stars with the word "potential" for a 5 min demo with no usable feedback. Some will say "no incest, I'm out" and now just exchange the word incest with NTR, Harem etc.

At the end of the day, you won't be able to please everyone so try your best to take positive out of any feedback and try to improve yourself and the product. Don't let them get to you :)

Goodluck and looking forward to your release!
where do i post my games? Here in general discussion?

Jun 16, 2023
where do i post my games? Here in general discussion?
If you click on the link that I have you will find all the steps. Basically you'll go go "Game requests" thread and use the "Req" tag with appropriate template to add your game. The mods will accept or reject depending on rules. The link I have goes over everything.