terroralpha

May 1, 2017
Close to 100 on gtx 1080 Ti too.
So i get 100% GPU load on my GTX1080 when i play this game wtf?
the game has no frame rate cap. it will keep shitting out as many useless frames as the hardware will allow. you could easily be getting 500 FPS. setting up a frame rate cap in the nvidia control panel should fix that

-open nvidia control panel
-on the left, click "manage 3d settings" under 3d settings.
-click the "program settings"tab on the right
-click add and find the exe file that launches the game
-scroll down to vertical sync on the list and change from "use global settings" to "fast".

this is called fast sync, it's nvidia proprietary VSYNC that doesn't suck like VSYNC does. it will cap the frame rate to whatever your monitor supports. 60Hz monitor will run at 60 FPS, 144Hz monitor will run at 144 FPS, etc. this will also work for other 3D games like the twist

Reactions: sniff3005

p22

Jun 21, 2017
You can also enable in-game Vsync to enforce frame cap.

Previously it led to bad framerates (bumping between 60 and 30), but I think it is fixed with 0.8.8.

Morpheas

Oct 28, 2017
So i get 100% GPU load on my GTX1080 when i play this game wtf?
Close to 100 on gtx 1080 Ti too.
the game has no frame rate cap. it will keep shitting out as many useless frames as the hardware will allow. you could easily be getting 500 FPS. setting up a frame rate cap in the nvidia control panel should fix that

-open nvidia control panel
-on the left, click "manage 3d settings" under 3d settings.
-click the "program settings"tab on the right
-click add and find the exe file that launches the game
-scroll down to vertical sync on the list and change from "use global settings" to "fast".

this is called fast sync, it's nvidia proprietary VSYNC that doesn't suck like VSYNC does. it will cap the frame rate to whatever your monitor supports. 60Hz monitor will run at 60 FPS, 144Hz monitor will run at 144 FPS, etc. this will also work for other 3D games like the twist
Except that Fast sync doesnt actually cap your FPS. This is factually wrong.
From Nvidia Control panel:

"Fast - GPU renders unconstrained similar to V-SYNC Off, but does not tear since frames in excess of the refresh rate of the monitor are dropped. Delivers latency that is very close to V-SYNC Off but with no tearing."

This means that his GPU will still reach 100% usage (load), since there will be no framerate cap.

Also, you should know that this game (House Party) stubbornly refuses to comply with the Nvidia Control panel settings, and it doesnt matter whether you change the global setting for V-sync or you create a game specific profile by adding the .exe to the list manually.
The game seems to somehow bypass the driver settings for V-sync (even though driver setting should override other settings unless you set it to use the application setting), and instead uses its own setting, which overrides all other V-sync settings.

Moreover, Fast sync is known to introduce microstuttering, especially when used in fast action First Person Shooter games.
House Party isnt exactly a fast action game, but it is a FPS, and therefore microstuttering is easily noticeable.
For some reason, it runs horrible with or without V-sync, there is minor microstuttering and there is also noticeable input lag, even without V-sync.

EDIT: In addition, Fast sync will only work if you can hit a framerate higher than the monitor's refresh rate. If you are Below the refresh rate you will have screen tearing. So if your monitor is 60HZ (which is the most common), you need to hit more than 60 FPS, otherwise you will experience screen tearing.
Fast sync works well with G-sync, and this is why Nvidia introduced it, as complementary, in order to allow you to play without screen tearing even if you exceed your G-sync monitor's refresh rate.

Last but not least, the 100% load problem can easily be solved by using a 3rd party app that will limit the framerate to a number of your choosing.
I personally use MSI Afterburner, since its included Riva Tuner Statistics server features a framerate limit which I use to limit the framerate in order to avoid the terrible coil whine from my gfx card since in main menu and loading screens V-sync is off, resulting in 1200-2000+ frames per second!

My personal recommendation is, use the in-game V-sync (since driver setting doesnt apply anyway), and set a framerate limit to 60, 100, or something like that.

But you might want to try different settings and see for yourself. See what works best for you.

Morpheas

Oct 28, 2017
I believe House Party ignores the driver setting for V-sync, because it runs in windowed (borderless) fullscreen mode, NOT exclusive Fullscreen.

I could be wrong, but thats why I think the V-sync setting from the control panel is ignored.
If someone has a way to make it run in exclusive fullscreen mode and test it, please let me know.

yayaybalck

Jan 2, 2018
How do i remove censorship in the blowjob scene , in the menu i do have a censor nudity but when i get the blowjob scene with madison i get the Black Bar, i downloaded the version op linked so my game isn't in Documents/ekk/...

Prick

Jul 17, 2017
Is there any way to remove the black censor bars??
How do i remove censorship in the blowjob scene. . .
If the menu checkbox isn't working, there is a patch floating around somewhere. Although you shouldn't need the patch unless you are using the steam version. If you installed the patch over the non-steam version, you might have problems.

Dunno how to help, I haven't been testing 0.8.8 except for the Valentine story. So if there is a censorship bug, it doesn't seem like everyone is getting it. Is it only happening with the BJ scene, and not with other scenes?

Still no 0.8.9 fuck :(
I hope 0.8.9 comes out soon I am gettin tired of waitin :(
Still no 0.8.9 fuck :(
Where the fuck is the update? :( It was suppose to come out today.
Do you have anything better to contribute to these forums? Seriously man, go support them on patreon and you will be the first to get the update. . . . . .

jarb01

May 18, 2017
according to the patch notes page ( ), 0.9.0 has been delayed until at least tomorrow. according to the new notes, they also added a bunch of console command stuff so that you can break the game.

here are the notes, copied from the official page.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
"Console: Can now modify the size of several character body parts"
so we can have big head mode in custom stories now? cool.

TanatOS

May 5, 2017
House Party v0.9.0 Alpha
Win32+Win64+Linux+MacOS in attached torrent
OR
In case of downloading Original Story problems, extract attached zip in %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Eek\House Party\
and maybe once party will be held also in the office.

jarb01

May 18, 2017
View attachment 78243
Is that right for the patch? nope not right still so what am i doing wrong?
looks like you've got the directory wrong. you should be looking through the "eek" folder in your documents.

unless having the game stored on an external drive changes where the game looks for the uncensor, the patch should be in
c:/users/(your username)/documents/eek/house party/mods/censorship
similair to where custom stories are stored.

also, try ditching the capitalization on the file name.

and to answer your other question
How do you change the controls? the mouse moves to fast
it sucks with a mouse
just hit ESC in the game, and there should be a sensitivity slider in the pause menu. turn that down and it might feel a little better.

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
looks like you've got the directory wrong. you should be looking through the "eek" folder in your documents.

unless having the game stored on an external drive changes where the game looks for the uncensor, the patch should be in
c:/users/(your username)/documents/eek/house party/mods/censorship
similair to where custom stories are stored.

also, try ditching the capitalization on the file name.

and to answer your other question

just hit ESC in the game, and there should be a sensitivity slider in the pause menu. turn that down and it might feel a little better.
I got the patch and commands working but the sensitivity slider does not really help. I'll just use the command and not play the game but only do the sex and i hate that because i love stories.

3.60 star(s) 58 Votes