TK8000

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
I'm the opposite - I really like the realistic characters rendered by DAZ, and I don't like HS. They just look wrong to me.

That said, I think Joel looks fantastic. You really hit the nail on the head with him.
I think most people prefer the photorealistic graphics of the DAZ3D, like you. At least this is the impression I have seeing the amount of followers of some games in Patreon. I believe if I had done the House Arrest with beautiful DAZ3D renders, I would probably have many more patrons than I have today.

And the DAZ3D has the advantage of allowing the dev to manipulate the smallest details of a woman's body and clothes, allowing for much more exciting scenes.

grapedog

Feb 24, 2018
in my mind, sure, honey select doesn't always look the best(not that honey select ever stopped me from fapping)... compared to some others, but I'm trying to think of a game that has as many different sex scenes, with different women, in different positions, and almost all of them are animated, and showing multiple angles or positional changes.

personally i'd rather have a game like this using honey select, with a lot of different scenes, positions, and women.... instead of having somewhat better graphics, and a lot less animations. I can't think of a game I've played that has as many different scenes and positions with multiple women, which are almost all animated.

most sex scenes in other higher end graphical games look like a simple moving gif... which is essentially what it is(and doesn't so much for me). honey select, disguises it better, in my mind, and makes it more enjoyable.

TK8000

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
in my mind, sure, honey select doesn't always look the best(not that honey select ever stopped me from fapping)... compared to some others, but I'm trying to think of a game that has as many different sex scenes, with different women, in different positions, and almost all of them are animated, and showing multiple angles or positional changes.

personally i'd rather have a game like this using honey select, with a lot of different scenes, positions, and women.... instead of having somewhat better graphics, and a lot less animations. I can't think of a game I've played that has as many different scenes and positions with multiple women, which are almost all animated.

most sex scenes in other higher end graphical games look like a simple moving gif... which is essentially what it is(and doesn't so much for me). honey select, disguises it better, in my mind, and makes it more enjoyable.
Yes, it makes perfect sense. With Honey Select I can not devote much to nuances, as in the anatomy of female characters. But in compensation I can do a lot of content in a short time, including animations. Incidentally, I could make animations much better if I knew how to create a webm without loss (something totally possible, but that for some reason I can't do with the softwares I use).

I could optimize it even more if I did sprites of the characters. In the simple conversation scenes I could simply recycle the same sprites by placing them in front of a standard background. And only in the most complex scenes would I need to create exclusive images...

Reactions: grapedog

grapedog

Feb 24, 2018
Yes, it makes perfect sense. With Honey Select I can not devote much to nuances, as in the anatomy of female characters. But in compensation I can do a lot of content in a short time, including animations. Incidentally, I could make animations much better if I knew how to create a webm without loss (something totally possible, but that for some reason I can't do with the softwares I use).

I could optimize it even more if I did sprites of the characters. In the simple conversation scenes I could simply recycle the same sprites by placing them in front of a standard background. And only in the most complex scenes would I need to create exclusive images...
ive wondered before, how many games would actually get finished, that never do, because of dedication to higher end graphics. sure, honey select doesn't look the best, but I think i'd rather play a finished game using honey select, than the endless string of .02s and .04s and .1s and .6s....

eh, im not a game maker, i've got no real place to complain. I'm more just saying thanks, for the work you're putting in, to make a fun, complete game. I can appreciate honey select, so it doesn't bother me none, and in this case, it works out better because you've put a lot of fun content into it. keep up he great work!

FrozenPizza

Donor
Apr 12, 2018
Well, I just finished this (I think, got all events / scenes in around 50ish days).

Nice art, nice animations (although I almost felt motion-sick on some of the first ones, characters are shaking like crazy, much smoother later on). Writing was indeed quite nice too.

But the thing that bothers me is I'm left only with the feeling of just playing this to chase sex scenes... Let me explain : I don't remember exactly how many times I trained Alanna but at the end I didn't really care, I just trained enough for her to pass the tests, be promoted and go on with the story.

I really feel like the training was more an "excuse" more than anything to link one sex event to another.
Maybe I was too eager to play a training game and I had too much faith in it with the beginning of the story, I thought "yeah, gonna be hard, Joel doesnt give a shit and Alanna is a bitch" and then all of a sudden they fucked every day and night and I didnt need to ask myself "do I just let her be to reduce stress ? Do I push it to gain some points ?" anymore...

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed playing it, it was a pleasant and fun game ! I just was expeting something else after reading
It's up to the player to teach Alanna to become a good maid.
I hope it doesnt sound too harsh, I just wanted to give my honest feels about this game. Maybe it was (too) easy (for me).

Anyways, IT IS a really good game to play, kudos to TK8000, I recommend it to have some fun playing and being able to watch some very nice HS animated scenes. I cant wait to see the next update to have multiple endings and to finally see an influence of training on the story.

Reactions: TK8000

TK8000

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
I really feel like the training was more an "excuse" more than anything to link one sex event to another.
Maybe I was too eager to play a training game and I had too much faith in it with the beginning of the story, I thought "yeah, gonna be hard, Joel doesnt give a shit and Alanna is a bitch" and then all of a sudden they fucked every day and night and I didnt need to ask myself "do I just let her be to reduce stress ? Do I push it to gain some points ?" anymore...
You're right.

I had some problems with House Arrest. First, until a short time ago, I did not earn much in Patreon and had to spend my time with several other things. This left me with no time to make the game (I still spend 50% of the time with Solvalley), so I literally skipped several events to deliver some relevant content, especially to the patrons.

For example, in the original plans, there would be an event in each room of the house before each promotion. In addition, Alanna would be tested several times during the game and instead of Joel simply saying "Congratulations, you passed the test", each test event would generate a different outcome (and it was in these events that I intended to make Alanna's personality evolve into good or bad).

In this way, I would partially solve two problems you mentioned:

1. As the test events would have different outcomes, the player would see greater consequence for the training he gave to Alanna. The training part would have more meaning and not only serve as an excuse between scenes.
2. The romance between Alanna and Joel would not escalate so fast and progress would be less abrupt.

The problem is that this type of project would not be feasible for me. So I decided that House Arrest would be a short and simple game. What I did then:
A. super fast progress
B. Only three tests for the whole game, instead of for each promotion
C. tests do not have different outcomes, only determine which end the player will see

The problem is that the training part lost much of the sense and the potential of the game was devalued. But it was an option I had to make to finish the game (the reason why so many games are never finalized is that the authors always try something more complex than they can do).

However, things are getting better for me, with what I get at Patreon I can spend a lot more time on my games. This means that I can start giving a little more depth to them. I already started doing this in Solvalley, adding features that in future updates will give much more value to the game.

Maybe I'll do it with House Arrest too. It all depends on how things will continue to progress. Fortunately a considerable number of people find my games fun (even though they are extremely simple), and I am getting out of poverty. I'm still a beginner, I'm learning a lot and I hope to be able to make games that have a more significant gameplay in the near future. Of course, without big pretensions, I work alone in an amateurish way, so it is not in my plans to make great games that are comparable to what professional teams do.

Bye!

And sorry for the wall ...

FrozenPizza

Donor
Apr 12, 2018
Thanks for your fast answer and your explanation.

I completly get your point, I now have a better understanding of the outcomes of this game. I'm glad to read that you're able to focus and develop Solvalley as you want to! Next on the list for me to test then.

Dont apologize for your wall of text, I'd like for more developpers to explain and share their thoughts concerning their games here (I'm not a Patreon afficionado, able to read all dev posts) to help people understand what struggles you're facing while developping a game!

Thanks again.

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
Suprised what people can do with Honey Select as a basis, it's one of the only Illusion games I skipped Ever ! To me it seemed more like a tool for people that wanted to "make their own games/stories" than a game itself.

Still tk8000 with Beach Vacation, House Arrest, and Xmas Bonus has made some very enjoyable games using it (have yet to try Solvalley High). However the one thing present from Illusion that he couldn't overcome is the ugly male models... Joel is fine cause he's a 60 year old bitter ass fart, and it's hilarious that he is... Floyd and Alex get no such pass though... Floyd looks like a gang-banger thug piece of trash, and Alex looks like a deformed mutant... Not critiquing tk8000 at all, this is totally Illusions fault. Aside from their anime style games (schoolmate, artificial academy, etc) they can't make attractive male models.

The only other Honey Select based games I have really enjoyed are Mythic Manor, and Max's Life, very different from tk8000s style, but both awesome in their own way.

I would say House Arrest as it is now v0.8 is a solid 8.5/10 for the funny writing and wacky characters, not to mention the gorgeous female models (especially Erika).

TK8000

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Suprised what people can do with Honey Select as a basis, it's one of the only Illusion games I skipped Ever ! To me it seemed more like a tool for people that wanted to "make their own games/stories" than a game itself.

Still tk8000 with Beach Vacation, House Arrest, and Xmas Bonus has made some very enjoyable games using it (have yet to try Solvalley High). However the one thing present from Illusion that he couldn't overcome is the ugly male models... Joel is fine cause he's a 60 year old bitter ass fart, and it's hilarious that he is... Floyd and Alex get no such pass though... Floyd looks like a gang-banger thug piece of trash, and Alex looks like a deformed mutant... Not critiquing tk8000 at all, this is totally Illusions fault. Aside from their anime style games (schoolmate, artificial academy, etc) they can't make attractive male models.
The Illusion's male characters are really bad, but I have full responsibility for the bizarre characters. In Solvalley's case, I did not even bother with the characters' appearance, Alex's friend is green because I forgot to save the changes in the tone of the skin, and instead of redoing, I just left it like that. Actually Solvalley was a game that I was doing for myself, as a hobbie, only after I created a Patreon and began to realize that there were people interested that I started to worry about basic things.

The Beach Vacation is basically the same thing. I wanted to learn the basics of Renpy and did that game in a week. I do not even know where I got that male character, probably some card that I downloaded on Booru. Again my responsibility to neither have edited the character to make it acceptable.

Conclusion: it's not Illusion's fault, but mine.

Anyway, in the last few months I've been doing a lot of testing so that I no longer need to use the Illusion games to create the images. I'm pretty sure that what I do is illegal (make money on Patreon with Illusion assets), so I need to fix it.

However, the tests I did with DAZ3D did not please me very much (I think I put a few examples on some pages of this very topic). Hiring an artist to do the art would be unfeasible under my financial conditions. So I do not have much choice ...

This is one of the main reasons I want to give up this "career" once I finish Solvalley. I do not want to be stealing Illusion assets forever...

Reactions: fasd95

rash69

Jul 6, 2017
@TK8000 i bought the honey select unlimited because i liked the games people were making with original HS game if nothing else you can get in touch with them and ask. Do it anonymously in case they say no you can't use the characters. I wouldn't see why you couldn't as long as it not the base characters in the HS game.

TK8000

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
@TK8000 i bought the honey select unlimited because i liked the games people were making with original HS game if nothing else you can get in touch with them and ask. Do it anonymously in case they say no you can't use the characters. I wouldn't see why you couldn't as long as it not the base characters in the HS game.
Man, I already thought about doing it, but I gave up on the idea because I figured maybe Illusion is not even aware that Honey Select is used by people making money at Patreon. If I asked this question, maybe the guys from the company decided to check on Patreon, find out that there are dozens of games using their assets, and send a request to Patreon to block all these pages.

So I think it's best not to send this email. Even though it is extremely unlikely that Illusion will take legal action against people using Studio to create the scenes. Since no one is hurting Illusion, and since Patreon does not function exactly like a game seller site, so I believe that people who use Illusion assets are not at great risk (unless they try to sell their games on sites like Itch.io or Steam).

り乇ᄊの刀 ズノ刀ム 尺ム刀ᄃ乇

ᄃ乇刀丂の尺乇り
Donor
Mar 8, 2017
Patch 1.0 for v0.8
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

TK 8000 posted

Some information about House Arrest

4.10 star(s) 52 Votes