• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
4.00 star(s) 4 Votes

Mixxing

May 8, 2017
Definitely prefer the new story. Solid job changing stuff while being able to retain as many animations. The Hitomi call "I'm always watching" thing was kinda weird, though. Didn't really fit the rest of the mood surrounding her now.

Raphael98

Dec 22, 2022
btw Miyuki(rooftop girl) is different than Megumi right? just asking the models seem similar.
I came here to ask the same thing.

Also, on Friday afternoon in the city, the option to visit the music shop and do something with the Blu-ray seems like a mistake or oversight? I thought we gave it to Hitomi, and she called her butler to pick it up from the University, so we wouldn't even have it, right?

Leafkiller

Sep 13, 2018
If it has a path of darkness shouldn't it have a rape/slave or mindbreak tag?

I guess your idea of darkness path is weird kinks and BDSM, I'll find out.

buktccbfc71

Engaged Member
Dec 30, 2020
1715624007818.png ...................Is this a game for children? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: Please, no offense, but adult bodies with childish faces are not for everyone. I'm 50 years old and the characters look like my granddaughter. Sorry, but my heart doesn't allow me to play this.:(

Tarvisk

Apr 23, 2021
At version 0.1.7, it was kind of short, but it was fun and I could tell it's the best AI-CGs game out there. Good story and humor!

Btw, it seems I missed an event of 19th Image Preview at the Main page with Hitomi. Who knows how to unlock it?

• Red Heart
Reactions: Tatami Visual

Duvet1337

Nov 26, 2019
I don't know why, but the game didn't attract me at all, I tried to play, well, it doesn't pull at all, I can't get used to the role of the character, and so because of it the text and dialogues seem too long, uninteresting, drawn out
Maybe it is a good game, but something in it odd. Maybe it's because the character pictures were made by AI, they don't seem alive, immersive, I don't know

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
Hope: University of the Elite [v0.1.7] [Tatami Visual] - Compressed

Win/Linux [135 MB]
- - - -

Mac [147 MB]
- - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

theMorzan

Jul 28, 2017
I like this one a lot. However, the whole "university" thing doesn't really work for me. We know it's a high school, the visuals are of a typical Japanese high school, the ages of the characters, the uniforms, all that stuff... I am guessing the characters call it university because of Patreon rules and what not, but... would calling it "school" instead really be problem?

The second thing... I really like the art, its top tier, however, I am not a fan of the animations. I would much rather see a scene with several static CGs, each being significantly different (like, different positions) then what we have now. Right now, the "animations" feel off, because the number of frames is too low, and as is always the case with AI stuff, the illustrations don't match well enough. The cowgirl scene with Megumi(?) is the biggest offender I've seen where the desks around her change way too much and it's just jarring.

I really think that there is nothing bad about having just static CGs, as long as there is a lot of them and they look well enough, which I think this game fulfils and I would honestly stick with that. It's not like you don't have to generate a new CG for each frame of the animation already and because this is not DAZ or something, you are basically starting from scratch with each of the frames. So having it be entirely different CG should not be that much more work (I apologize if I am wrong here).

• Red Heart
Reactions: Tatami Visual

Tatami Visual

Game Developer
Feb 2, 2024
Thanks all for the feedback!

Right now I'm unsure of the future of the game. The game didn't garner the interest or support that I expected. I wasn't sure if if was due to being in anime style, having AI on it or the story itself. Most comments are that the game looks great so in the end it might be that the game just wasn't interesting enough.

I'll keep working on it on and off but I don't know if the best path wouldn't be to scrap it all and start anew, with a different storyline/setting.

alceste007

Jul 30, 2019
I really did like the anime art style quite a bit myself. The story could use something that grabs the player's attention at the start. I do like a slightly dubious protagonist who has to struggle in some manner as a way to grab attention. Thanks for posting. Good luck with whatever you decide.

rmndr

Jan 22, 2023
Tatami Visual
I'll try to list a few observations - hopefully they will be of some use.
  1. IMHO, the art is very good. However, AI art is a fairly niche thing - I have not seen any games with it that do very well... Hope I'm wrong - please do your own research.
  2. The writing has good things (I liked the light humour) going for it, but is hurt quite a bit by bad grammar. Running your scripts though Grammarly/ChatGPT/Bard/anything else would improve the writing quite a bit with little effort from your side.
  3. The music is not annoying and decent to good depending on the preferences. Well done.
  4. UI is fairly good, had no issues with it.

So with all the plusses, why would the game be not popular? I'd suspect three limiting factors - AI art (I like it, but not all people do), 2d/anime style (kind of difficult market to get into, mainly due to overabundance of high quality Japanese games... also there aren't as many Western otakus as some might think). Finally, the seems to be an early access product due to short story/bad grammar - and there have been way too many of similar-looking AI cash grabs like that recently to make me wary about investing into similar games... (One additional point might be just a lack of advertising, but I know too little to talk about that.)

Those are only my thoughts - hope something out of this block of text helps you.

Last edited:

Tatami Visual

Game Developer
Feb 2, 2024
Tatami Visual
I'll try to list a few observations - hopefully they will be of some use.
  1. IMHO, the art is very good. However, AI art is a fairly niche thing - I have not seen any games with it that do very well... Hope I'm wrong - please do your own research.
  2. The writing has good things (I liked the light humour) going for it, but is hurt quite a bit by bad grammar. Running your scripts though Grammarly/ChatGPT/Bard/anything else would improve the writing quite a bit with little effort from your side.
  3. The music is not annoying and decent to good depending on the preferences. Well done.
  4. UI is fairly good, had no issues with it.

So with all the plusses, why would the game be not popular? I'd suspect three limiting factors - AI art (I like it, but not all people do), 2d/anime style (kind of difficult market to get into, mainly due to overabundance of high quality Japanese games... also there aren't as many Western otakus as some might think). One more point might be just a lack of advertising, but I know too little to talk about that. Finally, the seems to be an early access product due to short story/bad grammar - and there have been way too many of similar-looking AI cash grabs like that recently to make me wary about investing into similar games...

Those are only my thoughts - hope something out of this block of text helps you.
I appreciate your analysis; it's invaluable to gain an outsider's perspective. Often, we get so entrenched in our work that we fail to see things from a different angle.

Reactions: rmndr

Tatami Visual

Game Developer
Feb 2, 2024
Hello gentlemen, some news about the game, any updates, thank you.
Funny how you were asking about news of the game and then proceed to write one of the most unfair reviews I've seen on this website. What can I expect of someone who doesn't possess more than one braincell and writes he has no idea who the main character is after 1 minute of game time.

Last edited:

GreenOwl

Dec 22, 2023
ai art instantly turns a lot of people off. your game is the only ai art game that i am interested in, because you are one of the few people that try to create something interesting with it. most ai games are made with little effort and feel like quick cashgrabs, therefore people expect the same low effort ai game as always and wont even click on your game even if it is good.

Reactions: rmndr
4.00 star(s) 4 Votes