Honey Select 2 Studio Neo rendering

Raboobie

Oct 6, 2020
Hi.

I'm a totally noob here at Honey Select / HS2 studio neo.

I've managed to setup a basic scene but have no idea how to "render" or save, export it any way. Sure if I press F11 i get png file but that's pretty crap.

I've tried to find tutorials etc on line, but all of them seem to cover everything except getting the actual image out.

Also I've set graphics etc to maximum, disabled depth of field, vignette, fog etc and still my image look bury. Look at the hands on the image below. I know you get much better stuff out of HS2 than what I'm able to achieve. This is just a very basic scene with stock characters for testing and learning.

Are there any links available to decent tutorials that explain how to do it right?

Edit: Do have DHH enabled.

Last edited:

Raboobie

Oct 6, 2020
Figured out the bluring was from DHH settings being wrong.

Played around with a little more lighting and DHH settings and got it better, but still not sure how to get my usable images and animations out of studio.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: BubaJ

gamie1138

Aug 19, 2016
If you still wondering how to render an image, and assuming you're using one of the "Better Repack" versions.

1: Hit F1 and scroll down to "Screenshot Manager".
2: Open the manager tab and click "Enable" then choose which buttons you want to use to start a render.
3: Set your "screenshot height" and "screenshot width" for renerdering resolution (the larger the better quality but larger file size, about 20mbs for an 8k render). I usually go 4K then scale down in gimp.
4: Set any other options you want.
5: Hit "Capture normal screenshot" button for a basic render (literally a screen capture) or, hit "Capture Rendered Screenshot" button for a full render based on your manager settings.

You don't have to worry about hiding the UI, it won't render that.
Anyway, hope that helps a bit, took me a while to figure it out too.

And that's my very first post on F95 :)

EDIT: Oh and make sure you have the "cap" folder in your "UserData" folder. Should go gamefolder/UserData/cap. It's saves renders into that folder so without it, it won't work.

D. Iha123456

Feb 27, 2021
I'm having the same rendering issue - see attached. I would like I get realistic or as close as possible with HS2. Is this possible?

DarkSaulo

Oct 4, 2022
For the render part you need "Screenshot Manager" mod.
You need to press F1 on Studio Neo to open the Plugin Manager and search for it.

1694020864639.png

F9 is a simple screenshot and F11 is a render.
You can copy my configuration to get good results, but here is the explanation.

Alpha is the background color, Enabling alpha means there is no background, alpha is the same as transparency.

AO is the "Ambient Oclussion", it's the effect of shadows that makes 3D effect.

The screenshot Height and Width are going to be the final size of your render, in my case I used the 4k scale, but you can search for them on the internet.

Both Shadow cascade and resolution work to improve the shadows on the final render, configurate them depending on your computer.

And the Upsampling ratio is going to multiply your render size for example in my case it is going to be 3 times 4K render, so it is going to take a 2160 x 3, 3840 x 3, render, translated to 6840 x 11520 size. After that it is going to resize it to your original final render size, this is useful to improve the quality of samller things like shadows, hair and other stuff that may look weird in a normal render but improve when resized from a bigger image.

Scorn.

Jun 29, 2022
Hey, guys, got a quick question - I have the screenshot manager enabled and also have the UserData/cap folder, but whenever I make a render, the cap folder is always empty. Any ideas?

justin14679

Dec 19, 2023
Hey, guys, got a quick question - I have the screenshot manager enabled and also have the UserData/cap folder, but whenever I make a render, the cap folder is always empty. Any ideas?
hi. this worked for me. the cap folder you create is maybe read only and uncheck this in properties. open program NOT as administrator and also it may have to do with a too high quality of the render. than my program freezes/crashes. it might still be creating the render. i hope this helps. i am using dx version 1.4

Last edited:
Reactions: sick_boii

Samga

Apr 4, 2017
For the render part you need "Screenshot Manager" mod.
You need to press F1 on Studio Neo to open the Plugin Manager and search for it.

View attachment 2909068

F9 is a simple screenshot and F11 is a render.
You can copy my configuration to get good results, but here is the explanation.

Alpha is the background color, Enabling alpha means there is no background, alpha is the same as transparency.

AO is the "Ambient Oclussion", it's the effect of shadows that makes 3D effect.

The screenshot Height and Width are going to be the final size of your render, in my case I used the 4k scale, but you can search for them on the internet.

Both Shadow cascade and resolution work to improve the shadows on the final render, configurate them depending on your computer.

And the Upsampling ratio is going to multiply your render size for example in my case it is going to be 3 times 4K render, so it is going to take a 2160 x 3, 3840 x 3, render, translated to 6840 x 11520 size. After that it is going to resize it to your original final render size, this is useful to improve the quality of samller things like shadows, hair and other stuff that may look weird in a normal render but improve when resized from a bigger image.
Losing shadows when rendering, i think it ignores DoF from DHH mod. Any tip?

Rodrigo sem R

Feb 16, 2024
Olá a todos, estou com um problema sério aqui, preciso saber como adicionar efeitos no studioneo, estou fazendo uma visual novel com tema e mundo de fantasia e preciso adicionar mais efeitos visuais mágicos, e não tenho ideia de como para fazer isso Então, há algum herói que possa me ajudar? Desculpe pelo inglês, estou usando o Google Translator