(Honey Select 2) Help with installing non-zipmod character

moongazer7

Mar 21, 2021
. Im trying to install Xyth24's Sayuri head mod. It's in a non-zipmod format and I want to install it without modifying any base game files. It works when i simply extract the files into the game's directory but that replaces "mm_base.unity3d", and i dont' know what errors can happen replacing that original file or when other character mods also replace that same unity3d file.

I've tried to follow the Mod Organizer tutorial provided by ai9999 to install manually but it didn't work, shows "The content of <data> does not look valid" at the install new mod screen. Using the "set as <data> directory" function doesnt help.

I also tried converting the mod to a zipmod but when i load the game all the characters' skins look messed up and the Sayuri head doesnt load at all, it instead loads a stock character's face

Can someone help with how to exactly deal with Mod Oraganizer setup for HoneySelect2DX or a proper zipmod conversion guide?

Reactions: ShamanLab

ai9999

Apr 2, 2020
Somebody asked me that before, follow this

That's normal, MO is originally designed for skyrim so it can only identify skyrim mods. Ignore that error. Your setup directory is right.
Also do this after installing mods.
View attachment 856051
See how many mods I managing with MO, MO is totally worth it.!
When you add a mod with MO if it looks like this you just have to deselect unnecessary files.
View attachment 854971

If it placed in another folder inside the archive like in below case you have to set data directory (abdata,Userdata folders shouldn't be placed within a another folder)
View attachment 854972
It's pretty easy, some mods are prepared like 1st case .

Last edited:

ai9999

Apr 2, 2020
also if you're using better repack version you should set up exe file like this
1.PNG

if you did everything right, it works
2.jpg

moongazer7

Mar 21, 2021
Some body asked me that before, follow this
Yes. I am using Better Repack 3.1..
I can't open the attachments. Says i have no permission to view them.

Should i move all files from HS2's root directory into the data folder? Cuz i see in an image from above ur InitSetting.exe is in HS2/Data folder. Will that move affect anything from the BetterRepack3.1 version. My HS2 installation is HS2/root where all the exe and folders are. The data folder i made while setting up MO is empty. Was that a mistake?

Also the exe. I added in MO was HoneySelect2.exe and not InitSetting.exe.

ai9999

Apr 2, 2020
Yes. I am using Better Repack 3.1..
I can't open the attachments. Says i have no permission to view them.

Should i move all files from HS2's root directory into the data folder? Cuz i see in an image from above ur InitSetting.exe is in HS2/Data folder.
Yes move everything, only thing should be there is TESV.exe like this
ex.PNG

here are the unblocked posts
That's normal, MO is originally designed for skyrim so it can only identify skyrim mods. Ignore that error. Your setup directory is right.
Also do this after installing mods.

1.jpg
See how many mods I managing with MO, MO is totally worth it.!
When you add a mod with MO if it looks like this you just have to deselect unnecessary files.
2.jpg
If it placed in another folder inside the archive like in below case you have to set data directory (abdata,Userdata folders shouldn't be placed within a another folder)
3.jpg
It's pretty easy, some mods are prepared like 1st case .
My HS2 installation is HS2/root where all the exe and folders are. The data folder i made while setting up MO is empty. Was that a mistake?

Also the exe. I added in MO was HoneySelect2.exe and not InitSetting.exe.
That was a mistake, all HS content should there and TESV.exe should be in root directory before you do that.

InitSetting.exe. handles everything so that's the only one(you can add more tools etc. if you want to), The tutorial is for HS 1 and HS1.exe is the one handles everything in that game.

Reactions: moongazer7

moongazer7

Mar 21, 2021
Got it, thanks man. It still says "The content of <data> does not look valid" instead of "No game data on top level" during new mod install, but just ignore I guess?

Thanks again. :)(y) This really does makes things easier than looking for zipmod alternatives.

HS2_2021-03-23-02-01-24-474.png

Reactions: ai9999

Leon5

Jan 31, 2021
Well done
If someone asks for help, lend them a hand (y)
how to make a zipmod for hs2 model . extract and zip.. Exporting and Importing (.zipmod) file..
how to convert honey select model+card to honey select 2 model and card ??
what is TESV.exe ? is TESV.exe works in hs models convert to hs 2 ??
i just want my honey select models and cards to converts in honey select 2 ??

Last edited:

ai9999

Apr 2, 2020
how to make a zipmod for hs2 model . extract and zip.. Exporting and Importing (.zipmod) file..
how to convert honey select model+card to honey select 2 model and card ??
what is TESV.exe ? is TESV.exe works in hs models convert to hs 2 ??
i just want my honey select models and cards to converts in honey select 2 ??
HS 1 cards and models cannot be converted to HS 2 cards and models. tesv exe has nothing to do with the that. it's just related to mod organizer.