Holiday Island [v0.1.4] [darkhound1] - General discussions and information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
Ivy has an Easter Egg for ringing the bell. Any ideas for Easter eggs for other girls? Remember, it should still be in character for each girl.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Ivy has an Easter Egg for ringing the bell. Any ideas for Easter eggs for other girls? Remember, it should still be in character for each girl.
I don't know, Yumiko's Beach Bar uniform looks pretty tight. It is conceivable that when she squats down the fabric of the bottoms wouldn't be able to handle the strain and would just split right down the middle. Gasp! Maybe we should offer to get her a towel or something.

loc_beach_bar6_Yumiko.jpg loc_beach_bar5_Yumiko.jpg

@darkhound1 would only have to modify and add one render as the rest could be done with dialogue explaining what is happening. Set the code to have the event trigger very, very rarely. Not sure how that would be done, but maybe, tie it in with other events like the Yumiko Beach Bar is tied to the Heather sun lounger event.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
We know there is an upcoming dinner with Yvette and Yumiko will be the waitress. Not sure what she will be wearing, but I suspect it won't be her bartender uniform. Now if she was standing behind Yvette and dropped something she could bend over and either flash her cleavage or backside (either with or without panties) at the MC.

Again, I'm not sure how the coding works, but maybe some random event happened first like, the MC bumped into Yumiko somewhere and she teased him earlier. If the random event hadn't happened before the dinner, on the day of the dinner, then the dinner went on without any interruption.

brianiac

Jan 1, 2019
I completely missed this! But I found a post here from about a year ago which I need to try. And hopefully come up with some other Easter Egg ideas.

Reactions: Bantry

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
I completely missed this! But I found a post here from about a year ago which I need to try. And hopefully come up with some other Easter Egg ideas.
That's the thing about an "Easter Egg'. IMO it should be something that can happen within the context of the game, but not all the time. There are specific things that need to happen to trigger the Ivy desktop bell, but it isn't something you do all the time.

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
Ideally it's something that happens maybe once, and it should shake up a scene where you don't expect anything to happen differently from all the times before -- a surprise that occurs within a routine activity.

How about, if you give a gift in the Massage parlor waiting area to Renee, she tells you that Joy raved about how good your foot massage was and asks for you to massage her feet instead of her giving you a massage.
Maybe that's a little too complicated for an Easter Egg reward, but it takes what you already know: Joy likes foot massages, Renee gives footjobs, and combines them for a surprise with a complicated trigger.

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
What if when you eat 4 times from the buffet on a Monday, the cook comes out with a tray to refill the buffet.
The first time you see her, she is fat and ugly. Over a course of doing this four times she gets more fit and busty and her hair turns green, until the 5th time she looks a lot like Faye (or whomever) as if she was getting Joy's gene treatment with Faye's genes (as Jennifer did with Amy's genes).

Reactions: junior366

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Ideally it's something that happens maybe once, and it should shake up a scene where you don't expect anything to happen differently from all the times before -- a surprise that occurs within a routine activity.

How about, if you give a gift in the Massage parlor waiting area to Renee, she tells you that Joy raved about how good your foot massage was and asks for you to massage her feet instead of her giving you a massage.
Maybe that's a little too complicated for an Easter Egg reward, but it takes what you already know: Joy likes foot massages, Renee gives footjobs, and combines them for a surprise with a complicated trigger.
Wonder if there is any way to require the massage parlor gifting, Renee speaking of Joy, before her night bar footjob? Guess that is kind of like you have to see the cosplay costume choice before Heather will dance for you.

The again, maybe we are overthinking this and should try and find something simple.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
A little background info to help set my reasoning, so bear with me. The idea came about after seeing @Wilson NE's post about his random picture wall. We know Jennifer was the one that showed us and then we completed her quest so we received access to the new playroom all with Joy's blessing. Stands to reason that she would know all of its hidden tricks and secrets of the room. So let's say we do something to raise a girl's anger, whatever that may be. Then a some point in the near future we see a render of the girl talking to or whispering in Jennifer's ear at some location. The next time we return to our room we discover that in order to 'punish' us, Jennifer has reset all the pictures or set them to something other than what we had. Hope I explained that well enough.

@darkhound1 would have to figure out what the anger level was or what other happening occurred to trigger the scene of the girl talking to Jennifer and do all the renders. Then may be he can figure out a way to make it a random event. Meaning just because we see the girl talking to Jennifer, it doesn't mean the pictures have changed for certain. We wouldn't know whether any changes occurred until we returned to our room. Then we either decide to change them back or to some new pictures or may be we like Jennifer's choices and keep those.

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
Maybe it could just spell out: "Don't Mess With [girl's name]!" in the middle with a stern looking pic of her on either side?

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Maybe it could just spell out: "Don't Mess With [girl's name]!" in the middle with a stern looking pic of her on either side?
Maybe, but I think it might be easier to just write the code to choose 3 random pics and display them. No need to create any new stern or scowling faces renders. Besides if you don't know who it was that you made mad, you'll just have to do some detective work. Does Jennifer accept bribes?

As for having to create new renders of the girl(s) talking to Jennifer, that at least has some other applications. Maybe they are asking her to design clothes for them, or they want her to let them into the playroom secretly so they can surprise you in the hot tub, or they need her help with their pole dance routine, etc.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
We know there is an upcoming dinner with Yvette and Yumiko will be the waitress. Not sure what she will be wearing, but I suspect it won't be her bartender uniform. Now if she was standing behind Yvette and dropped something she could bend over and either flash her cleavage or backside (either with or without panties) at the MC.

Again, I'm not sure how the coding works, but maybe some random event happened first like, the MC bumped into Yumiko somewhere and she teased him earlier. If the random event hadn't happened before the dinner, on the day of the dinner, then the dinner went on without any interruption.
This is better, but still not going completely into the direction I see for the easter egg type of things.
I should to be something where the mc actively has to do "an action" to trigger it.

An example could be a bikini top laying around at the pool during a scene. If you mouse over it turns another color. When you click on it, you can pick it up and bring it back to the girl or whatever.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
This is better, but still not going completely into the direction I see for the easter egg type of things.
I should to be something where the mc actively has to do "an action" to trigger it.

An example could be a bikini top laying around at the pool during a scene. If you mouse over it turns another color. When you click on it, you can pick it up and bring it back to the girl or whatever.
Following along that line of thought ... Have you noticed that when the MC rubs lotion on the girl and after he has untied her top and then rubs some side-boob, that her top has mysteriously disappeared from the ensuing pics of her on her side scowling at him? Maybe it fell into the pool somehow or another girl took it, either way being a nice guy with high charm he should retrieve it and give it back.

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
So for my idea of Renee's foot massage, we could see Renee has her shoes off. Mouseover the shoes and they gray out; click on them to start a dialogue of how Renee's feet hurt which leads to a foot massage.
Of course, it would be a whole lot of renders for that scene.
How about, mouseover the masseuse's costume, it grays out, click on it to start a dialogue where she gives you a nude massage. Basically the same renders but with no clothes.

brianiac

Jan 1, 2019
I should to be something where the mc actively has to do "an action" to trigger it. An example could be a bikini top laying around at the pool during a scene. If you mouse over it turns another color. When you click on it, you can pick it up and bring it back to the girl or whatever.
I had completely missed the "front desk bell" action because I don't think anything else in the game works that way. Which makes it a perfect Easter egg. I always wait for one of the ladies to come back on their own! But now I wonder why the woman watching the front desk in the middle of the night isn't wearing sleepwear.

I wandered around the game looking for items which were already there and tried to come up with something interesting to happen that wouldn't take up a lot of work but only came up with this:
  • Poster in the exercise room - hidden beneath it is: (a) a poster of Jennifer from a recent photoshoot for an exercise magazine or (b) a tiny hole which looks into the new shower/locker room/sauna.
I like your idea of finding a bikini top laying around. Maybe one of the mini-tasks of the game could be finding a random pair of panties in MC's room and he has to find the owner.

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
What about a quest to produce a Holiday Island Calendar for Joy. The PC would have to buy a good camera, talk each girl into posing (maybe she requests a certain month for her photo, or location or a new bikini), select a location, choose the pics, turn them in to Joy, and everyone gets the calendar a week later. Afterward, the calendar is on the wall showing the girl for the month.
A less labor intensive way might be to add the camera, but just have the PC use the same mechanism for choosing the images for the frames on the wall. After receiving the calendar, a mouseover of the date reveals the calendar images.

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
When I train with Jennifer, occasionally it says that I have gained a Strength Training Point. What is that? If I look at her face, I don't earn them; only when I fully concentrate.

Status
Not open for further replies.