Holiday Island [v0.1.4] [darkhound1] - General discussions and information

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Ok, let's test our fellow's imagination...

I thinking about coding a mini strip game that will might be used for HI too but I lack on ideas xD

What you could suggest? you know... something that don't requires a huge amount of new rendering stuff obviously :)
I second that one :)
And let me add it would be great to have something different (not another card game if possible)
I can create some new renders - as long as it's a reasonable amount :)
For rendering, single girl against the MC games work best. If it's a mass/crowd game, the number of renders/positions/options get out of hand soon.

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
We need a Volleyball game. Something like the old breakout game would work. The MC is at the bottom of the screen moved by the mouse & one of the girls is at the top who moves randomly (or in a pattern) & you have to get it by her. If you do it 11 times, you win & the girl does a strip tease for you.
The strip tease might be too many renders, so maybe she just gives you her bikini top as a souvenir?

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Ok, let's test our fellow's imagination...

I thinking about coding a mini strip game that will might be used for HI too but I lack on ideas xD

What you could suggest? you know... something that don't requires a huge amount of new rendering stuff obviously :)

Not necessary needs to be a card game
I second that one :)
And let me add it would be great to have something different (not another card game if possible)
I can create some new renders - as long as it's a reasonable amount :)
For rendering, single girl against the MC games work best. If it's a mass/crowd game, the number of renders/positions/options get out of hand soon.
How about 'Hangman'? Simple enough game to play. Choose a letter and you're either right or wrong. All depends on the initial word chosen by whomever is starting the game. If you are unfamiliar with the game, it is explained in greater detail here ...

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
As an additional side note to playing 'Hangman', it would provide @darkhound1 additional opportunities to drop clues about the girls during their conversations. Admittedly I am one who doesn't pay a great deal of attention to the girls' responses. How many times can you hear, I like ponies? However, if the girl said I grew up in Oklahoma or I speak French, those would be hints to potential words like 'Oklahoma' or 'Maillot'. I would think it would open up a lot of possibilities for clues to the game as well as developing the backstory of each girl.

As for renders the game can be played sitting at a table in the bar, the pool/beach or in someone's room. The length of the words are only limited to the number of clothing items that can be lost much like poker now.

By the way since I know you are all wondering, 'Maillot' is French for swimsuit. I feel smarter already!

brianiac

Jan 1, 2019
We need a Volleyball game. Something like the old breakout game would work. The MC is at the bottom of the screen moved by the mouse & one of the girls is at the top who moves randomly (or in a pattern) & you have to get it by her. If you do it 11 times, you win & the girl does a strip tease for you.
The strip tease might be too many renders, so maybe she just gives you her bikini top as a souvenir?
I hope we get to see the women in their volleyball outfits.

Reactions: junior366

brianiac

Jan 1, 2019
Speaking of classic games, how about a variation the the old MS-DOS classic "QBasic Gorilla". But instead of throwing exploding bananas, the MC is throwing water balloons?

I don't know how to determine a winner ...

Wilson NE

May 12, 2018
I hope we get to see the women in their volleyball outfits.
I feel the volleyball feature (whateer it will be) deserves a better destiny than a shitty minigame from my part :)

How about Strip Quarters, seeing how much the young ladies like to drink!
I remember strip quarters from Larry Leisure Magna Cum Laude xD maybe a bit puerile for HI but could be suitable

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
Don't put yourself down, Wilson. So far we've loved everything you've done.
I see your point, though. The Volleyball game will be a big part of Darkhound1's game, and you don't want to give it short shrift. We'll keep proposing things until we come up with something you like.
Also, Darkhound1 came up with a way to beat the rollback solution. If the game does something you don't like, roll it back & do it again.
Darkhound1 has the consequences separated from the deed so that you can't just roll back (you could reload a saved game, but if you lose a day of game time, no one will).

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
Here is my preliminary FAQ. Tell me if I forgot anything or made any mistakes. I wasn't sure if this belonged here or in the regular thread so I'm posting it in both. I expect better answers to come from this thread because of the more experienced players who read this thread.
Spoilers. Many, many spoilers.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Here is my preliminary FAQ. Tell me if I forgot anything or made any mistakes. I wasn't sure if this belonged here or in the regular thread so I'm posting it in both. I expect better answers to come from this thread because of the more experienced players who read this thread.
Already replied in the other thread. All in all, not bad. There might be a couple things, but they are more semantics than anything. For example, (unless it has changed) Desire's maid titfuck scene in her regular black maid outfit, your lust needs to be 75 or higher to trigger it. I'll read it over a few more times and see if anything else pops into mind. Well done, hopefully it will be used.

brianiac

Jan 1, 2019
Technical question: Does Ren'Py not deal very well with videos? It would be amazing to see these ladies walking down the hall.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Technical question: Does Ren'Py not deal very well with videos? It would be amazing to see these ladies walking down the hall.
It's not a renpy problem. Renpy can display all kinds ov videos without any problems. The problem is the video creation. A walk down the hall requires at least 30 or 50 frames. So it's a lot of render time and the animation itself has to be created too. If you check out adult games, almost all of them (including HI) use animations for sex scenes only. You have a stable background and you can loop the animation. Fucking or a blowjob are easy to animate and you might get away with just 6 or 8 different frames. You only animate e.g. direction IN. Then you create a loopable sequence: 1,2,3,4,5,6,5,4,3,2 which has 10 frames. If you use 10 frames per second video speed, you get a 1 second long looping animation for relative small costs. Walk in the corridor is maybe 4 seconds long, but cannot be looped and takes 10 times longer to set up and render.
I did a walk along the beach video with Amy, but haven't added it to the game yet. It's about 100 frames long.

Wilson NE

May 12, 2018
Maybe I'll do smething like that by code including random choices... but so far it's just a gif :)

Pretty dizzy by the way o_O

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
I have so many blue pills and very few green pills.
There may be an imbalance in how green pills are rewarded.
However, instead of changing how the pills are awarded, you could have the doctor offer to trade pills with us.
Blue pills could be turned in for green, red, yellow or purple pills.
Also, taking a yellow pill before working out might make it more likely that you increase your strength.
Taking a red pill before running or swimming could make it more likely that you increase your endurance.
If working out lowered your endurance, players might use the rest option more.
A purple pill might also have the effect of removing an erection, or two pills could make it impossible to get an erection.
Taking two green pills could give you an erection, maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.