Holiday Island [v0.1.4] [darkhound1] - General discussions and information

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianiac

Jan 1, 2019
Well, you forgot Cosmetologist and Cook: MC clearly needs some consultancy about how to use Beauty Cream
Yes, in the beginning of the game, the MC would need a lot of help to look good. And after a few months he might need to update his look.

It's obvious @darkhound1 is an expert at choosing outfits for the women and making them look amazing wearing them.

Some other random costume ideas:
  • Flight attendant (it's logical that one of the ladies has had a brief career doing this and still has her uniform)
  • Waitress (Hooters?)
  • Cheerleader ("MC, I still have my old high school uniform. Wanna see?")
  • Librarian (Because every beach resort needs a stuffy library?) ;)
And my favorite:
  • Apron. Wearing only an apron.

Reactions: junior366

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
The next release is 0.1.4.2 beta which will be an incremental update.
It includes bug fixes and some new content

The update from 0.1.4.0 to 0.1.4.2 has 228 new renders and videos right now!

New features and content

• Delizia gets the "no ejaculation" doctor scene and all actions (hug, kiss, etc.) in her doctor's outfit --> will be part of 0.1.4.2 beta
  • Eva gets the extended reception base scene and all actions(hug, kiss, etc.) in both reception outfits --> will be part of 0.1.4.2 beta
There is a God and his name is @darkhound1! We can all talk about things we'd like to see, but news like the above just make my day! Damn, and my birthday isn't even until next month, can't wait to see what comes next.

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
I think that Eva should do a terrible job at reception, and the rest of the girls should complain about her.
Ring the bell, sometimes she doesn't show.
When she asks you what she can do for you, she asks you to assign some other girl to do her job.
If the other girls get more jobs (adding Lacey as a masseuse, or Heather as a maid, say), then Eva won't.
The next girl could complain that Eva didn't put things away correctly, left a mess, etc.
Not because Eva doesn't know how to work reception, but because she resents being made to work at the resort and just wants to have fun.

brianiac

Jan 1, 2019
I think that Eva should do a terrible job at reception, and the rest of the girls should complain about her.
Ring the bell, sometimes she doesn't show.
When she asks you what she can do for you, she asks you to assign some other girl to do her job.
If the other girls get more jobs (adding Lacey as a masseuse, or Heather as a maid, say), then Eva won't.
The next girl could complain that Eva didn't put things away correctly, left a mess, etc.
Not because Eva doesn't know how to work reception, but because she resents being made to work at the resort and just wants to have fun.
Maybe even tie it to one of Eva's stats: lust, anger, etc.

Reactions: Puppet Master

brianiac

Jan 1, 2019
I wonder why none of the ladies spies on the MC when he is in his room?

Maybe after MC gets caught spying, one of the ladies can, later on, spy on him to see how HE likes it. (Obviously, he would.)

Or maybe one of them becomes really curious after MC walks around under the influence of one (or more) blue pills.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
So with my Birthday coming up next month as I mentioned in an earlier post, I was thinking that Joy should throw a b-day or anniversary party. Somewhere on the island, location and attendees are up to her discretion. I'm sure @darkhound1 will find a way to make it an unforgettable event with scenes, leading up to, during and after. I mean c'mon, I've been on the island for over a year. I don't think that's too much to ask.

Long time.PNG

rainyd

Jan 30, 2019
The next release is 0.1.4.2 beta which will be an incremental update.
It includes bug fixes and some new content

The update from 0.1.4.0 to 0.1.4.2 has 228 new renders and videos right now!

New features and content
  • Delizia gets the "no ejaculation" doctor scene and all actions (hug, kiss, etc.) in her doctor's outfit --> will be part of 0.1.4.2 beta
  • Eva gets the extended reception base scene and all actions(hug, kiss, etc.) in both reception outfits --> will be part of 0.1.4.2 beta
When we could expect release of 1.4.2 version?

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
@Wilson NE
I had two ideas to add cheating to the poker game. Both ideas have the problem of too much work for too little benefit according to Darkhound1.
I agree. I want Darkhound1 making as many sexy pics as he can, not adding opions to something that's already finished.
However, since you supplied code for the new mini game, I'm wondering if you could do the coding for my ideas (which require little to no rendering) and help Darkhound1 impliment it.
Here are my two ideas:
1) When the MC is the dealer, have a cheat button appear. If the player chooses the option to cheat, a sneak check is made. If successful, the game will deal the MC a winning hand. (This would be accomplished by having the game deal hands, discarding without showing any draws or girl wins, until a hand where the player is the winner.)
2) The MC could use HI bucks to buy a marked deck. At the start of the game, a sneak check would be made to see if the MC can switch the regular deck for the marked one. Then all face down cards would appear as grayed out versions of their face up sides, as if the MC could see what the cards were even though they were face down.
Failing the check would make the girl get angry and leave. Some girls might be more apt to notice than others. Also, another check, later in the game might need to be made as a girl might notice the cheating after the MC gets too lucky.
I think that this would stop the people from complaining about how the poker game is too hard and give a fun option for the mini game.
If you're too busy with other projects, or you or Darkhound1 don't like the idea, then just put it aside.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
I think that this would stop the people from complaining about how the poker game is too hard and give a fun option for the mini game.
Some interesting ideas, but in reality it seems like a fair amount of work for little to no return. Personally, I am more interested in seeing new mini games developed as opposed to redoing ones that are already fine as is. Adding new reward options for different girls is the only thing I would like to see with regards to poker.

Yes, I'm old and besides yelling at kids to get off my lawn I have little to no patience for, insert adjective of choice (lazy, stupid, etc.) people, that complain about the game and its components like poker being too hard. I mean geez there is a built in cheat to let you know who wins the hand immediately after it is dealt or you can do the save and reload option until you win. Anyone who spends more than 5 minutes on poker to completely undress a girl and win is either too lazy or stupid to search for an answer that has been posted too many times to count.

Wilson NE

May 12, 2018
@Wilson NE
I had two ideas to add cheating to the poker game. Both ideas have the problem of too much work for too little benefit according to Darkhound1.
I agree. I want Darkhound1 making as many sexy pics as he can, not adding opions to something that's already finished.
However, since you supplied code for the new mini game, I'm wondering if you could do the coding for my ideas (which require little to no rendering) and help Darkhound1 impliment it.
Here are my two ideas:
1) When the MC is the dealer, have a cheat button appear. If the player chooses the option to cheat, a sneak check is made. If successful, the game will deal the MC a winning hand. (This would be accomplished by having the game deal hands, discarding without showing any draws or girl wins, until a hand where the player is the winner.)
2) The MC could use HI bucks to buy a marked deck. At the start of the game, a sneak check would be made to see if the MC can switch the regular deck for the marked one. Then all face down cards would appear as grayed out versions of their face up sides, as if the MC could see what the cards were even though they were face down.
Failing the check would make the girl get angry and leave. Some girls might be more apt to notice than others. Also, another check, later in the game might need to be made as a girl might notice the cheating after the MC gets too lucky.
At first sight I must say I agree with Dark's opinion. Regardless the ideas are nice, specially the second one sounds really fun and interesting because it enlarges the gameplay, it probably implies too much work.

Anyway, I will keep the ideas in my mind. Soon I'll have to read the poker code because I want to add a couple humble chats for the companion... if I see any suitable way to implement something more or less as you as asking for I will discuss it with Dark.

]If you're too busy with other projects, or you or Darkhound1 don't like the idea, then just put it aside.
Don't worry about this. Constructive ideas are always nice to listen. Even when they are not suitable or aplicable at the moment for whatever reason, good ideas remain in the dev's mind and maybe someday they will find the way to be expressed and developed.

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
As I said, I agree, too much work for too little benefit, since you can use the console to cheat, etc.
Also, too much work for too little benefit should be the acid test for any of the ideas on this forum.
However, I still think it would be fun option in game to cheat, but not at the expense of Darkhound1 adding lap dances for all the girls (although Ivy might have to make the player give her a lap dance).
In any case, I consulted an expert In Wilson NE and got an answer. Put my idea on the back burner and when it becomes feasible, then maybe.
More exciting is that more dialogue will be coming from the girls during the game.
I look forward to this.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Anyway, I will keep the ideas in my mind. Soon I'll have to read the poker code because I want to add a couple humble chats for the companion... if I see any suitable way to implement something more or less as you as asking for I will discuss it with Dark.
This has already been implemented to some extend. You only have to add lines of text for the specific girl. Some girls are already chatting/talking with the player during the poker game (e.g. Joy, Jennifer, Natasha, Alice).

Here are my two ideas:
1) Is too complicated to implement and what happens if you get caught? She gets angry or runs away and the game ends?
So what would everyone do, just use rollback, which would ruin the idea and lead to you always having a winning hand in the end, which is boring.
2) I like that one a lot better. So much in fact, that I've already implemented most of it :)

How does it work and what additional stuff has been added:

• Two new items have been added ("regular poker cards" and "marked poker cards")
  • Starting with 0.1.4.2 you'll have to buy a deck of cards in order to play poker against the girls (it's 20 company favor and can be bought without any other requirements) - even if you have played before.
  • With a hacking/sneaking skill of 4 you'll be able to mark the cards yourself. How to implement that exactly, I don't know yet. If you do that, the "regular deck" in your inventory will be turned into a "marked deck"
  • If you have a marked deck and a regular deck, the game will ask which one you want to use while you wait for the girl in your room after you've initiated the poker play. If you have only one of the two decks, it will be automatically used.
  • Playing with the marked deck will show you the common cards (see attached image), but not the girl's cards
  • There will be the possibility to get caught or at least for the girl to get suspicious somehow. When that's going to happen, I don't know yet. Same for the effect(s) it's going to have. It has to be something bearable for the MC or we get the same rollback problem like in 1) I might disable the rollback for that check if I think it necessary to do so.
  • If you use the marked cards and you've played and won against the girl before, there is a 50% chance, she will bring her own deck and you won't be using your marked one (I might improve/change that logic a bit, depending on how often you've played against her and the percantage of the wins relative to that.)
So far it was about 1.5 hours of work.

brianiac

Jan 1, 2019
2) I like that one a lot better. So much in fact, that I've already implemented most of it :)

So far it was about 1.5 hours of work.
I wish there was something stronger than "like" on this forum. Something for when "like" becomes "like-like" and "like-like" becomes "love" :)

Reactions: Puppet Master

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
OMG! Darkhound1 is the greatest!
I suggested that marked cards idea about a year ago and was told that it was too hard.
I never thought we would see it! It looks perfect with so many options to come.
I can't wait to see how it plays!

Wilson NE

May 12, 2018
Ok, let's test our fellow's imagination...

I thinking about coding a mini strip game that will might be used for HI too but I lack on ideas xD

What you could suggest? you know... something that don't requires a huge amount of new rendering stuff obviously :)

Not necessary needs to be a card game

Status
Not open for further replies.