VN Ren'Py Abandoned His Legacy [Ep. 2] [VengeanceXXX]

4.60 star(s) 8 Votes

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
Well i'm speaking about Gina and Rose but you damn right ... It's my first game where i like all the girls,

Gina Rose and Violet have a lot in common at the level of assets but it's just me maybe ...
Well Sonic ... it's Sonic damn hot and just want to be with here like Gina Rose and Violet XD
For me that's the perfect game for an Harem Ending because if it's not i kill me instantly LoL
I don't think we can get a Harem ending in this game. Most of the girls don't seem the kind that will "share" a man if they trully love him.
You will probably have to play the different routes and pick a different girl each time.

V3X

Game Developer
Apr 20, 2017
I'll try to make animation happen, maybe there's a way to reduce it somehow.

I could justify putting this much time to it if this is a full-time project, but it's just not possible at this moment. Perhaps in the future I could. But frankly, I think doing this full time might be just a dream for me.

I'm glad that you liked it, though.

V3X

Game Developer
Apr 20, 2017
I've tested a few ways to reduce everything down, and they have been relatively successful.

I could probably cut a lot of things down and achieve something similar, but obviously, everything will be less pretty/smooth.

I'm not nearly as big as a lot of other developers out there(in fact, I think I'm one of the smaller ones), so I have to do everything by myself. Writing story, scenes, characters, then designing them, Posing, Lighting, Purchasing assets, rendering, bug-testing, scene and dialogue editing, UI, and many other things are the process that goes through every single release. All of this is done on my spare time.

So even if I can do the same animation in about 1/10th of the time, it will still take a lot of actual time I have. I considered using a render farm services outside, then I realised that I need some "Kaching" to make that happen(they are quite expensive). So, that's not a possible option for me.

"Well, just don't do animations, then?"

One thing that I always find myself lacking is the ability to portray a good sexual encounter. This will most likely help fix the issue since it will help a lot in terms of how much each impact each sex scene had on the player.

Animation also makes a certain aspect of the character come to life, especially if they're done well. Plus, I genuinely think that this will make the story better in a lot of ways. Since my plans for animations are not only for sex scenes, but also for some really dramatic scenes in the game as well.

Here are the comparisons :

30 fps / original (I can't post at the same size due to upload limitations)

15 fps / 4 seconds

30 fps / 2x speed

I want support from others, so I had to make something really good, compelling and interesting. I don't think I've quite achieved that yet, so I need to improve. My vision for this game is big and I need a lot of help to get there. I always make sure to give everyone as much as I can, since I believe that this will help me achieve my own goals, too.

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
Here are the comparisons :

30 fps / original (I can't post at the same size due to upload limitations)

15 fps / 4 seconds

30 fps / 2x speed

After the 30FPs, 4 second clip, personally I prefer the 15FPs, 4 second clip. However, speaking about myself here, I prefer to see more of the story even without animations rather than shorter episodes because of a couple beautiful animation scenes.

What I mean is that if this takes several hours your time, and you could have added 50-100 more slides in that time... I would prefer the slides.

"Animation also makes a certain aspect of the character come to life, especially if they're done well. Plus, I genuinely think that this will make the story better in a lot of ways. Since my plans for animations are not only for sex scenes, but also for some really dramatic scenes in the game as well."
This is true. Perhaps a compromise would simply be to use animations like every 2-3 chapters? If you have an idea about the "dramatic scenes" or important sex scene in advance, you could slowly make the animation or alocate the hours required.

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
How about a different compromise? Make the sex scenes have more slides, but don't go full animation.
For example, instead of the animation above with the 121 slides, how about 8-10 slides with a line of descriptive text?

Reactions: Le Taz

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Even if you won't do anymore of these, i thank you for this one animation because it looks wonderful and i don't mean this on the technical side. Its both very erotic and intimate while still very lewd obviously. And the girl whose name i don't know yes because i haven't yet played this, nor i will remember because i always forget the names, reflects these traits as well. She isn't simply hot, she is sensual as well as innocent looking. You really have a thing for brunettes, Vex, because these two of yours are absolutely gorgeous. I'm even interested in the flat chasted one! Not something i feel often.

Le Taz

Master Of Baguettes
Modder
Donor
Mar 28, 2018
Thanks for sharing it. It's quite impressive and really really looking good. I can feel the sensuality involved and the softness of Maria.
As everyone else, I understand that you can't spend the time to add it in game.
The suggestion of making the sex scenes a bit longer instead seems a good compromise.
About the other tests, the 15fps is good, the 2X one not so much, it feels unnatural.

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
While I agree that the 15FPS seems good and all, it is still 60 renders. That would be 100+ slides in the game = more story. Since this is a hobby for V3X he can obviously do what he prefers.
But Personally 100 slides > 4 seconds of animation.

maisbordeldemerde

La rabia del pueblo
Donor
Dec 19, 2016
Wut, VengeanceXXX is back?:eazyHype::eazyHype: Hope he won't give up this one though

Edit: oops didn't know you were on F95, hi @V3X :happyblush

Reactions: Krull

V3X

Game Developer
Apr 20, 2017
So I just read the patreon rules again, and apparently certain things are not allowed in their system.

1. Unconsensual sex.
2. Mind control.

If that's the case, then sadly my project had both of them. I thought incest, pedophilia and bestiality were the ones that's not allowed. Is this actually true?

If this is true, then I don't want patreon banging on my doors later messing my things up.

In regards to the animation issue, I've found a way to make them in a reasonable amount of time. It should be a plausible option for the future. Thank you for the inputs.

Nov 25, 2017
So I just read the patreon rules again, and apparently certain things are not allowed in their system.

1. Unconsensual sex.
2. Mind control.

If that's the case, then sadly my project had both of them. I thought incest, pedophilia and bestiality were the ones that's not allowed. Is this actually true?

If this is true, then I don't want patreon banging on my doors later messing my things up.

In regards to the animation issue, I've found a way to make them in a reasonable amount of time. It should be a plausible option for the future. Thank you for the inputs.
According to the guidelines, "We also do not allow other fringe sexual fetish content, such as incest, necrophilia, or fetish content that is hard to distinguish from non-consensual sex." But I do not think you need to worry. Hypnotism/mind control was not specifically listed. Your game would fall under "fetish content that is hard to distinguish from non-consensual sex" which is a catch-all provision.

If I had to make a comparison of the kind of content that is similar to your game with then it would be that uses dreams to make females more sexually compliant and they haven't been shut down for it. Patreon concentrated more on what they actually listed like incest. Something more recent is which literally is about mind control with serums like yours. So I think you can develop with a sense of security.

Reactions: Krull

troll822

Jun 22, 2017

1. Unconsensual sex.
2. Mind control.

As others said, Mind control \ drugs \ aphrodisiacs are not prohibited. MANY games in Patreon have that.
The scene with Heather in chapter 1 may push some boundaries so you may want to avoid including many similar scenes to eliminate that 1% chance but... you have started that project with the purpose to do it as you want, without interference.

So, I would say continue with your vision as it is without changing your plans. Patreon is very unlikely to get on your game for that.

HOWEVER:
Patreon may come after your post with the animation since non-patreon stuff should be "clean". A BJ in the common section is against the rules are far more probable to draw attention.

Centurion

Jan 20, 2018

1. Unconsensual sex.
2. Mind control.

You're right about incest, pedophilia, and bestiality being prohibited.

Although Mind control and non-consensual sex have been issues for some developers, those instances have been situations like rape and things like drugging a girl's drink to have sex with her. Other than the one scene, I don't think anything else is the type of issue that other developers have had.

Whether there might be issues would probably depend on who is reviewing the VN if they do but I don't think you'll have a problem. That said, I would suggest not using tags about non-consensual sex or mind control or even mentioning these topics on the Patron site.

N1K17Y

Jun 12, 2017
does anyone know how much the dev made before abandoning his previous projects ?
Ethan's legacy was somewhat confusing, but i didnt really try to get into the story since it was already abandoned so there was no point. but from what i saw, the plot was cool, and well the writing was above average. Daryce was pretty good too.
My point is, why he cant try to do this full time. i wasnt around back when whatever happened but from what i read he left because he tried to appeal to all his patreons and eventually the game went too far from the dev's original idea.
@V3X Cant you still try to dedicate yourself to the project and eventually making it your job but still doing your thing, without being influenced by others negativism ?

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Ethan's Legacy got quite far in.

Personally I love it but I can't recommend it because it ends on a cliffhanger that will never be resolved.

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
does anyone know how much the dev made before abandoning his previous projects ?
Ethan's legacy was somewhat confusing, but i didnt really try to get into the story since it was already abandoned so there was no point. but from what i saw, the plot was cool, and well the writing was above average. Daryce was pretty good too.
My point is, why he cant try to do this full time. i wasnt around back when whatever happened but from what i read he left because he tried to appeal to all his patreons and eventually the game went too far from the dev's original idea.
@V3X Cant you still try to dedicate yourself to the project and eventually making it your job but still doing your thing, without being influenced by others negativism ?
I would dare say that he goes at about 75% of the "speed" we were used to during Ethan's Legacy and Daryce times. However a different job allows V3X to not feel constrained by his patrons and trying to attract more etc.

The net effect is that this being a hobby for V3X doesn't significantly harm the quantity of the game, it doesn't affect the quality at all and improves his peace of mind since he's independent from his patrons' wishes, which is IMO the most important thing.

Reactions: Centurion

Centurion

Jan 20, 2018
I doubt that any developer could consider making it a full time job with only $127/month support. There's a link to V3X's Patreon page for anyone who wants to be a Patron.

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
It's not just the income. V3X is clear in his page that more or less he is thankful for his patrons but the project is his and this time he wants to follow his vision even if some people won't like the result and he doesn't want to promise a set schedule for release.
The level of freedom that comes with this game being a hobby and a sideproject for V3X to express his creativity allows him to develop the game as he pleases at his own pace.

4.60 star(s) 8 Votes