VN Ren'Py Abandoned His Legacy [Ep. 2] [VengeanceXXX]

4.60 star(s) 8 Votes

Samken

Respected User
Jul 20, 2017
Another Kinect Novel, unless he's planning to add choices/branches down the road...nice renders though, scene transition is kinda slow i thought my PC was stuck for a moment lol

Reactions: Paranoid_android

DRinWV

Donor
Nov 22, 2017
Am I the only one confused about the t-shirt Gina's wearing? It's one of Ethan's t-shirts, so why does it look as if it was modified for boobs? does a t-shirt like that even exist?
lol

I also would like to welcome the author back and am glad he is in a better state of mind. Having visited dark places in my life, I know they can be no fun.

I finished this VISUAL novel just a bit ago. So if you see a section that you may want to revisit save at that point. Normally I save when a choice is presented and I do not recall any choice being presented so I have very few saves.

I have 2 irritations from this novel and they both deal with dialogue transitions. The fist and most minor one is rereading the same dialogue during transitions it would be better to have the full dialogue up front or erase dialogue already read instead of adding to dialogue previously read in the previous screen. It was bit confusing at first and I ended up reread a lot of dialogue.

The second critique is one that everyone already knows and that is the black screen transition. Which for me was ALMOST enough to make me quit reading and move this novel to my DO NOT ever play again folder. I know re-mentioning it does not help but..it really was that irritating for me.

OTHERWISE Great job!
And since I read that you are working on giving the ability to skip through the black screens, then I can and would recommend this novel. Your story line is good even though I would have liked for you to have finished Ethan's Legacy especially since it was really what got me stuck on these games and novel in the first place, but I can understand why you chose to rewrite instead.

Your graphics are of great quality. Although some may complain about what you done to some of the character's I think you have done well and the remake will give new favorite character due to this. I already think Maria is hotter than Gina now. Karen I think you could have made her a bit better or rather a bit younger in this rewrite since she was a babysitter and not the mother. In Ethany's Legacy I thought her looks were great due to the fact that she was the MOM.

At any rate good job and welcome back. I hope more is coming on this.

And thank you.

Reactions: Paranoid_android

Krull

Retired
GFX Designer
Respected User
Donor
Feb 1, 2017
Fan Sig:
hisL-fan.gif
hisL-kfan.gif hisL-sfan.gif
Link:
Code:
https://attachments.f95zone.com/2018/04/103775_hisL-fan.gif
https://attachments.f95zone.com/2018/05/110575_hisL-vfan.gif
https://attachments.f95zone.com/2018/07/132145_hisL-kfan.gif
https://attachments.f95zone.com/2018/07/132146_hisL-sfan.gif

Deadlyreaper

Nov 20, 2017
omg what an annoying game really endless black screens with endless self-talk after almost every 2 or 3 set comes the talk where the just said again is explained or any other shit that is maximum bervy and the constant endless black screens are the total mood killer and then partly the incomprehensible

long fade the scenes and what is extremely annoying that one has zero options for decision as for example if I want to see gina again this bitch did not trust the mc at the time yes she even made it with the asshole adam arranged everything has and then the slut comes back and the mc

is happy if nothing Währe and WTF ??? what is this ridiculous shit? and oh wonder the asshole which has shot the mc also gets an injection and is genetically improved AND is guaranteed better so clear as the mc of nothing I would not be surprised anyway fact is anyway I want with the fucking bitch gina

nothing to do they have did not trust me alöso fucku bitch go to your adam zurüch the atrschloch you have more familiar and even with the fucked ... I hate such shit where the mc forgives everything and jumps right back to the neck and forgive everything I'm afraid the game will be really bad with

everything that was so far to see so alone with the gina gina who wants to tell me then she has adam nimals loved so ridiculous and then the slut also says that in the apartment of mc wants to stay overnight and the mc has nothing better to say than yes? WTF the bitch is to look for a damn hotel or sleep on the street damn .....

dan are in the same bed the bitch struggles endlessly himself and the fucking mc also says that he forgives her everything she always his best girlfriend sit and you still more familiar than any other ??? WHAT TO FUCKING HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU ???

and then oscar gets the sonic because he gives sonic the injection and sonic and oscar fucking and the mc can then do everything possible again to get sonic (which is then consumed and fucked of oscar and probably from each other) I hope so But if you look at all the other games or

what has happened so far it will go in the direction as always either the mc is a totally miserable useless worthless piece of shit without balls or you have zero choices and everyone else can get what he wants and the mc gets sometime the worn used by every fucked girls

Endless

To Obtain My Infinite Dream I Shall Even Sink God
Donor
May 9, 2017
So basically if i got everything right
"Dancer and a Lustrous Stage" is the prequel to this game "His Legacy".
& "His Legacy" is basically a re-imagining (remake or whatever people want to call it) of Ethan's Legacy.
Not that hard to understand people.
My personal 2 cents = Please let game dev (V3X) do what he wants to his game. He is clearly good at writing & his stories are also quite immersive so his vision will only make the game better.
Since i am an incest fan like countless others i would like to see main character have blood sister & mother relationship in this game but if dev does not want to i fully respect his wishes & we all should too.

@V3X (VengenceXXX)
Whenever you get time can you please clarify the relation to this game to "Ethan's Legacy" on front page. Even if it is a remake, has nothing to do it with or whatever so people stop posting comments about it for the next 20 so pages. You sir have a lot of fans (well deserved of course) so i can assume once your game gets known more this thread will get very big soon

Korassu

Jun 14, 2017
Happy to see the dev is back, but pretty disappointed to see the removal of incest in it. With all the patreon shit, this is just another one for the pile and it really doesn't help.

Nerttu

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
How hard is it the FORGET Ethan`s Legacy and just read and I mean READ the prequel of THIS game (Dancer And A Lustruos Stage) and go on ? This game aint a REMAKE of EL for sure. Story is completely different. Imo, don`t confuse "New Members" or others by EL. So if this game has "same characters" than EL, as I said, FORGET EL and keep open mind at THIS game.

Reactions: Centurion

V3X

Game Developer
Apr 20, 2017

Gina Wallpaper
First of all, again, I apologise for putting such long pauses in-between scenes. I was experimenting with combining ambience and SFX with the majority of the scenes, and I felt that some level of pause is needed to make sure that it transitioned correctly. With no pause, some of the transitions didn't feel right(Sudden changes in ambience will be strange), and I extended the pauses due to that. I won't remove the pauses completely in the future, but all of those will be skip-able via a left click.

My work had always been very divisive for the people who have experienced it. Everyone had their own tastes and expectations of what an adult game should be, and I think mine happened to sit on a very specific niche that it's either you liked it, or you hated it. And it's completely fair for either of those group. I don't think it's fair to blame anyone on each side, and it's best to simply choose what you want to do with my game on your own will.

My main goal of this project is to tell a story about Ethan's life, the dangers he faced, and the people he fell in love with. It's clear and simple. If I feel that a sex scene is needed to emphasize their relationships, or to set up what a character's motivations are, I'll do just that. But I won't do sex scenes just because it's an adult game. I find that doing so cheapens the character's relationships, making sex as a reward, a goal, not as a tool to deepen each character's feelings towards each other. It makes each character a sexual being, instead of someone you consider as a good company.

I wanted to do this with the original Ethan's legacy, but I was inexperienced and nervous about making something that might not sit well with some people. The moment people said "Hey, where are the sex scenes?", I immediately panicked and put one on in the next release, at the cost of my original goal. I knew better now, but I didn't before.

Now, I didn't say that I was good at it. I'm just someone who tried to do what I set out to achieve, and whether it's good or not is up for you to decide. I'm also not saying that people who wanted sex are bad people, it's just a matter of taste.

If you're willing to put up with some of my quirks of storytelling, then it might be a good experience for you. If you're not, then it's completely fine.

In regards to the "incest" part, I don't think Gina's sole interest in Ethan's legacy is to be your loving sister. She's likeable because she's Gina, not because she's your sister. She's clingy, jealous, and can be annoying with her constant pestering at times, but she's incredibly loyal and loved you more than anything else in the world. She's not perfect, but those flaws made her charming and endearing. It's just that in Ethan's legacy, this character happened to be your sister. That's all there is to it.

It's my failure if I failed to make that point across, not the fault of the story or patreon, for that matter.

Thanks for your feedback, it's a quick wake up call to me that the pauses are too much to handle.

Edit :
This game, in exception to the characters, had nothing to do with EL. It takes inspiration from it, but that's about it.

May 7, 2017
I'm really glad that you are back @V3X (VengeanceXXX), I always found your stories to be interesting and I hope there are choices to come (unless this is a kinetic novel? Hope that isn't the case). Besides that, I believe this time around and from your previous experiences, you've learned to distribute the screentime among characters (specially the girls), so that in the future if we were to choose a particular girl's route we won't end up railroaded into another girl's route, like what happened in Ethan's Legacy where Gina was the main love interest (no matter what) and even if you picked someone else over her (or dismiss her through dialogue) you would always end up sharing most of your time with her. Other than that, I've got to praise you for the nice pace you've developed within the story (except for the abundance of pause/fade-outs :p) and for always having good renders and models accompanying them.

DanMachiFan

Jan 22, 2018
I played both Dancer and A Lustrous stage and His Legacy, and I really enjoyed them.

Putting up a new story with characters already known it's not easy at all, but you've done a wonderful job.

The lack of choices is not a problem for me and about the pauses, they give you the idea of the pace that each scene has.

I can't wait to see what you have in store for the others (especially Clara and Violet), and I have to say that, compared to the initial episodes of EL, these ones are more engaging.

Lastly, the renders are amazing and your storytelling is really something that we don't see everyday in these games.

Keep up the good work @V3X and thank you!

kyosuke01

Jul 22, 2017
I played both Dancer and A Lustrous stage and His Legacy, and I really enjoyed them.

Putting up a new story with characters already known it's not easy at all, but you've done a wonderful job.

The lack of choices is not a problem for me and about the pauses, they give you the idea of the pace that each scene has.

I can't wait to see what you have in store for the others (especially Clara and Violet), and I have to say that, compared to the initial episodes of EL, these ones are more engaging.

Lastly, the renders are amazing and your storytelling is really something that we don't see everyday in these games.

Keep up the good work @V3X and thank you!
I Played his previous game EL and absolutely fell in love with it. and im curious if you think i should give this version a try or if i should hold off and wait for more content? i glanced through the pages but i didnt see anyone mention anything about how much content is on this version so far, so im not entirely sure if i should hold off a bit or jump right in.

DanMachiFan

Jan 22, 2018
I Played his previous game EL and absolutely fell in love with it. and im curious if you think i should give this version a try or if i should hold off and wait for more content? i glanced through the pages but i didnt see anyone mention anything about how much content is on this version so far, so im not entirely sure if i should hold off a bit or jump right in.
In my opinion, putting both episodes together, there is enough content to get you an idea.
I really like it so far, but everyone has its own tastes.

WaerM

Dec 3, 2017
Man i really enjoyed this novell , I found it amusing ,intense and sort of nervewrecking and still I felt kind of peaceful in my knowledge that I couldn't fuck up by making a stoopid choice.
I just like the idea to ride along in the story...
Can't wait for the next update, great work @V3X and I'm glad to hear you're feeling better, depression truly is a bitch

LazyPanda

May 9, 2017
First of all, again, I apologise for putting such long pauses in-between scenes. I was experimenting with combining ambience and SFX with the majority of the scenes, and I felt that some level of pause is needed to make sure that it transitioned correctly. With no pause, some of the transitions didn't feel right(Sudden changes in ambience will be strange), and I extended the pauses due to that. I won't remove the pauses completely in the future, but all of those will be skip-able via a left click.

My work had always been very divisive for the people who have experienced it. Everyone had their own tastes and expectations of what an adult game should be, and I think mine happened to sit on a very specific niche that it's either you liked it, or you hated it. And it's completely fair for either of those group. I don't think it's fair to blame anyone on each side, and it's best to simply choose what you want to do with my game on your own will.

My main goal of this project is to tell a story about Ethan's life, the dangers he faced, and the people he fell in love with. It's clear and simple. If I feel that a sex scene is needed to emphasize their relationships, or to set up what a character's motivations are, I'll do just that. But I won't do sex scenes just because it's an adult game. I find that doing so cheapens the character's relationships, making sex as a reward, a goal, not as a tool to deepen each character's feelings towards each other. It makes each character a sexual being, instead of someone you consider as a good company.

I wanted to do this with the original Ethan's legacy, but I was inexperienced and nervous about making something that might not sit well with some people. The moment people said "Hey, where are the sex scenes?", I immediately panicked and put one on in the next release, at the cost of my original goal. I knew better now, but I didn't before.

Now, I didn't say that I was good at it. I'm just someone who tried to do what I set out to achieve, and whether it's good or not is up for you to decide. I'm also not saying that people who wanted sex are bad people, it's just a matter of taste.

If you're willing to put up with some of my quirks of storytelling, then it might be a good experience for you. If you're not, then it's completely fine.

In regards to the "incest" part, I don't think Gina's sole interest in Ethan's legacy is to be your loving sister. She's likeable because she's Gina, not because she's your sister. She's clingy, jealous, and can be annoying with her constant pestering at times, but she's incredibly loyal and loved you more than anything else in the world. She's not perfect, but those flaws made her charming and endearing. It's just that in Ethan's legacy, this character happened to be your sister. That's all there is to it.

It's my failure if I failed to make that point across, not the fault of the story or patreon, for that matter.

Thanks for your feedback, it's a quick wake up call to me that the pauses are too much to handle.

Edit :
This game, in exception to the characters, had nothing to do with EL. It takes inspiration from it, but that's about it.
I was missing your VNs so much, It's really good to have you back, Your story telling is something else i've been falling in love with these new Titles, Reworks or whatever you called it.
@V3X keep it up man, You're Killing it!

Reactions: DanMachiFan

trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
I have to be honest the story is not very good. It all falls apart around the serum. For example the thug melts like putty at the first sign of pussy. Hilariously awful looking bad guys.

The girl models are nice if he removed that stupid serum and just had it centered around a somewhat believable storyline it could have been decent but there is no choices and at times I would have wanted to say something different particularly as it relates to the GF. Who instead of believing the MC sleeps with the BF but it's okay because she didn't love him?

Feels like I have no control over the character decisions and since the story isn't very good what is left? Hot looking models but since he doesn't get any there is nothing to fap to.

2/10. The two is just for the models.

Reactions: Deadlyreaper

V3X

Game Developer
Apr 20, 2017
Maybe I've made a mistake of not telling players what happened between Gina and Ethan clearly enough, or perhaps it's a huge misunderstanding when reading the text lines, I'm fine with people disliking what I've made, you have your own opinions and ideas, but I think it's important to resolve misunderstandings like this.

Gina believed Ethan, actually she's the only one who believed strongly in him. The pressure from her parents, friends and the people she knew when she was defending him made her depressed, and eventually Ethan decided that she shouldn't seek him out anymore for her own good. The reason Gina was really sorry was because she wasn't strong enough to say no and continued being by your side.

Perhaps it's my lack of proficiency in english that caused this, or maybe I've told it in a way that made it very difficult to be understood, but regardless, I just wanted to make it clear what happened.

Deadlyreaper

Nov 20, 2017
Maybe I've made a mistake of not telling players what happened between Gina and Ethan clearly enough, or perhaps it's a huge misunderstanding when reading the text lines, I'm fine with people disliking what I've made, you have your own opinions and ideas, but I think it's important to resolve misunderstandings like this.

Gina believed Ethan, actually she's the only one who believed strongly in him. The pressure from her parents, friends and the people she knew when she was defending him made her depressed, and eventually Ethan decided that she shouldn't seek him out anymore for her own good. The reason Gina was really sorry was because she wasn't strong enough to say no and continued being by your side.

Perhaps it's my lack of proficiency in english that caused this, or maybe I've told it in a way that made it very difficult to be understood, but regardless, I just wanted to make it clear what happened.
Well, hard to believe that the gina really believes in the mc IF I reau not the should go back to her adam she had the same data and probably also equal fucked

(at least she has no time wasted this asshole on the Throwing her neck after her oh - so - beloved Ethan was gone and then telling that as an apology i never really loved him LOOOOOL what a bitch) she only pities herself and just wants to confirm herself by living in the mc pushes in again and another question

why is this called a game ??? that is at best a digital comic not more in games I have the possibilities to make decisions to choose routes myself where I go to what I do with wehm I want to talk but here ?? greed I can only text skip and then the half is only blackscreen where I really think wants to fool

me now? and the best thing about comcs is that I've done what I've already seen not once again get me any annoying self-talk from the mc explained again or if someone makes what he tells me what he does if I can see that too

4.60 star(s) 8 Votes