ADRIFT Completed Part 2 of the Himeros Trilogy: Himeros Haven [v1.01d] [Seztworks]

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

pyr0w

Feb 19, 2018
I genuinely do NOT understand how anyone could put in the time required to write ANY sort of dialogue/story, but still have every image with the wrong aspect ratio. They CLEARLY had these images open in an editor to crop them out, or change the size. HOW is it possible that they can't export them properly??!!

Are pictures with the wrong aspect ratio some fetish that I'm unaware of? Or maybe an intentional aesthetic or something?

I am genuinely confused.

scarfer

Nov 4, 2017
There's a problem with the Adrift 5 engine where, despite setting the picture window as 'fit window, keep aspect', it continues to display the pics in the same setting as the previously displayed shots. Which can lead to some wonky displays.

Seztworks had a section of time about a year ago where he lost his job and had to move, which delayed the final update to Himeros Hotel (which BTW you can download for free from his Patreon page along with a walkthrough for it) and had him out of touch for an extended period.

@eagleslash Chapter 7 of Himeros Haven is PUBLIC now.

He is expecting to release Chapter 8 in mid September, and Chapter 9 (the final update barring bugfixes) around the end of the year.

Sezt

Game Developer
Dec 9, 2017
I actually didn't know there was a post about the game here. Cool. Thanks to you guys for spreading the word.
I am behind schedule, but am getting closer to the next release of Himeros Haven.
If anyone has any issues feel free to send me a PM. I can see the common issues with false virus positives and adrift image aspect ratios have been covered already. Any feedback is more then welcome.

I am currently converting all the images used to a square shape to work around the Adrift aspect ratio issue. This will be added to Himeros Hotel soon and Himeros Haven in the next release.

Reactions: depeche and scarfer

Folkman

Mar 22, 2018
@Sezt First of all, thanks for your games, I'm enjoying it quite a lot. But I've got a minor problem with this one, not sure if that's a bug or just my lack in knowledge of adrift mechanics. I've called MC "Alex", so every time I'm trying to use command for a girl with a same name it answers me "Which ? You or Alex". It didn't bother me at the beginning since the only command I used was "look", but when it came to use "ask Alex about xxx" my task stucked. Is there any other reference to that girl in engine or should I restart a game with another nickname? Thanks.

UPD. Uh-huh, "hostess" works fine. Still a minor defect I think. Alex is pretty popular name.

Sezt

Game Developer
Dec 9, 2017
Hiya Folkman. Thanks for you interest in the games. Sadly that is how Adrift works with names.
As you mentioned using the "job" name will work or if you get tired of the hassle you can use the command "set player name" to get the popup again.

Reactions: scarfer and Folkman

Kebaboni

Jul 1, 2017
This looks suspicious :(

Especially this being in the OS "port is not released by developer, download at your own risk. but it work on win"

Might as well say hey this is a data miner or full of viruses
It triggers antivirus, doesn't even let me to download the game. Blocks the download as viruses detected.

liandra

Donor
Aug 18, 2016
I sandboxed this, and it did not try to install a virus.

However, I've having a hard time figuring out the verbs and nouns in this game, or even the grammar. Normal Adrift stuff, except directions, doesn't work.

Sezt

Game Developer
Dec 9, 2017
@liandra Most commands used in the game are listed either in “help” or hinted at in the display “cd”. There some basic adrift commands that carry over from Hotel, but I am always willing to hear suggestions or feedback to improve playability.

Reactions: liandra

ptmg30

Aug 31, 2017
I sandboxed this, and it did not try to install a virus.

However, I've having a hard time figuring out the verbs and nouns in this game, or even the grammar. Normal Adrift stuff, except directions, doesn't work.
you can click on the map to go places and it will stop you if you find an event on the way, but if you click again the event plays twice.

Reactions: liandra

triver10

Nov 7, 2017
I'm a bit puzzled if I have run out of the v0.75 content or if I should do something. The last event was installing the lift at lagoon. The current state is L11131791412141012131511128

morpheusahrms

Sep 11, 2017
I really enjoy this series. Before playing this one, people should certainly play the first game, Himero's Hotel (v1.02 is the final version).
Actually it is v.1.03 even. Available at the Devs Patreon Page together with the walkthrough:

Reactions: Sezt

Sezt

Game Developer
Dec 9, 2017
@padder The Adrift runner sometimes picks up virus flags by a handful of anti-virus software. If you look at you can see that 7/58 engines find generic flags. This means that there are snippets of code that look like it could be a virus to those engines, but really isn't. If you are using one of those anti-virus programs, you will have to either make an exception for the file or as I do, make an exception for a folder and place all files into that. Sorry for the trouble.

ScareKing

May 27, 2017
What u have to do in this game? I complete the first one but that dint help me. U just have to grind money to complete all the buildings? And there's any content in this version?

Sezt

Game Developer
Dec 9, 2017
There is currently more content in Haven then there was in Hotel. If you follow the task in the display and complete the buildings by earning money you should come across the other events by exploring a bit in the normal areas during the different times of the day.
@ScareKing It can be slightly grindy in the beginning. You unlock more ways to earn money as you go along. Don't worry about spending time exploring or making money. There is no wrong way to do things.
One important note about events. You can only trigger one event during each time slot. So if you find a "random" event in the morning you wont be able to trigger another event that morning. You might as well do a work task to move the time along to the next timeslot.

Last edited:
Reactions: ScareKing
4.00 star(s) 2 Votes