V0.15 Release News

TL;DR
- DB has problems
- billing remains paused until further notice
- v0.15 has been split in half
- first half will be released sometime in next 24 hours
- second half will be released when finished

Hi, guys.
Firstly, I'm sorry for the delays and issues.
My life has undergone significant changes since I started Hillside four years ago, and things are just not working for me right now. I no longer enjoy making Hillside and haven't done for a long time. I'm constantly stressed and unhappy, and it's affecting my personal life, the people around me, and my health.
I am not going to abandon Hillside, so please don't worry about that. However, I can't continue like this and need to make some big changes so that I'm not making myself ill or messing Hillside's supporters and fans around with delays and other issues.
I'm not sure what those changes are yet, and I'm not going to make any decisions until after I've taken a break. Patreon and Subscribestar billing will remain paused until I've decided what I'm going to do and informed everyone of any changes I decide to make.
Unfortunately, I've been unable to fully finish v0.15 for release today, so I've split it in half. The first half will be released in the next 24 hours and the second half will be released once it is finished. Each half is roughly the size of v0.14.
Apologies,
DB

Justaphase

May 1, 2024
V0.15 Release News

TL;DR
- DB has problems
Hi, guys.
My life has undergone significant changes since I started Hillside four years ago, and things are just not working for me right now. I no longer enjoy making Hillside and haven't done for a long time. I'm constantly stressed and unhappy, and it's affecting my personal life, the people around me, and my health.
I am not going to abandon Hillside, so please don't worry about that. However, I can't continue like this and need to make some big changes so that I'm not making myself ill or messing Hillside's supporters and fans around with delays and other issues.
I'm not sure what those changes are yet, and I'm not going to make any decisions until after I've taken a break. Patreon and Subscribestar billing will remain paused until I've decided what I'm going to do and informed everyone of any changes I decide to make.
Unfortunately, I've been unable to fully finish v0.15 for release today, so I've split it in half. The first half will be released in the next 24 hours and the second half will be released once it is finished. Each half is roughly the size of v0.14.
Apologies,
DB

Not looking good for the future, lets hope he just takes some time off and that this doesn't end up getting abandoned. At least we will still get the first half of the next episode today.

KaosKally

Dec 21, 2019
V0.15 Release News

TL;DR
- DB has problems
Hi, guys.
Apologies,
DB

Not looking good for the future, lets hope he just takes some time off and that this doesn't end up getting abandoned. At least we will still get the first half of the next episode today.
Well considering DB from what I can tell was always as transparent as can be, I am sure he will not abandon the game as he already said, but I will expect an even bigger slow down in update releases.
After 4 years of development, it is normal to get burned out, it is normal to not feel the same passion as you first started. So let's hope for the best and see what the future will bring to the table for the game.

NL1955

Nov 19, 2021
V0.15 Release News

TL;DR
- DB has problems

Hi, guys.
Apologies,
DB
Here we go again :rolleyes:

minibaer12

Oct 1, 2023
V0.15 Release News

TL;DR
- DB has problems

Hi, guys.
Apologies,
DB
When I read this, one thought immediately popped into my head:

This is the beginning of the end! :unsure:

HillsideVN Please, please, find your muse and all the strength in the world to tell YOUR story to the end! Your loyal fans will thank you for a lifetime!

dianish86

Jan 20, 2019
Just hire a dude to do the renders like other devs do. Otherwise this isn't going anywhere after 4 years of development.
This developer needs to find someone who will work on code, not rendering. If he constantly has problems with coding before each update in a completely linear game, without animation and sound effects, then he has big problems and he simply does not know how to do it

Zakalwe76

Apr 28, 2024

HillsideVN Please, please, find your muse and all the strength in the world to tell YOUR story to the end! Your loyal fans will thank you for a lifetime!
100% with you on this, mate. would be total a disaster to see this masterpiece abandoned. just hope that the dev will sort out his problems and find enough strenth and inspiration to finish his work

Turki 10

Oct 17, 2020

Well, I've known DB for three years. Everyone on Discord knows how much this guy loves his game. He's said it many times that he won't give up his game, and I trust that. What he wants is a break t but I don't think he'll ever abandoned Hillside as he said before:"Charlotte deserve good ending".
Picsart_23-05-07_04-31-11-601.jpg

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I get so caught up with playing and enjoying these games I never stop and think does the dev actually enjoy what he does.
I'm not surprised he has been going through some rough times if he doesn't enjoy making the game.

The amount of time and money it takes to make a VN is astounding. I just hope DB is able to get everything in his life sorted out.
I love this game but not at the expense of a person's mental and physical health. Take care of yourself DB my friend.

minibaer12

Oct 1, 2023
Well, I've known DB for three years. Everyone on Discord knows how much this guy loves his game. He's said it many times that he won't give up his game, and I trust that. What he wants is a break t but I don't think he'll ever abandoned Hillside as he said before:"Charlotte deserve good ending".
Your words in HIS and God's ear canal!

Reactions: rudy007
4.20 star(s) 259 Votes