4.20 star(s) 255 Votes

Joshy92

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 25, 2021
100% the story here makes a harem untenable

That being said Joshy92 -- I often play harem games because the huge majority of devs make nothing but COW tits
as I truly enjoy and prefer the "below B cup" lady if it was not for harems I would have maybe 7 AVNs to enjoy.

Also not all the stories are bad and the better formula is to start with a Queen of the harem who wants to add women and put in reluctant women or women who take a while to be convinced so they are not just 100% on board after 2 sentences.

For this VN I was resigned to having only Lucy to be of interest but man DB did a great job making Emma just have that... something in how she is written that makes me like her so much in spite of her not being more petite (small tits) or a redhead. So it really is a compliment to the writing that I am so into Emma.

PEACE
I think I don't like harems because I like to take these games very seriously most of the time and I feel like I can't do that with harems because they don't feel realistic.

And tbh whether harems or not I find most games to be typical trope filled messes. Thats why I love this game so much it doesn't focus on boring stuff like sex scenes.

Reactions: 6pak2go

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
I think I don't like harems because I like to take these games very seriously most of the time and I feel like I can't do that with harems because they don't feel realistic.

And tbh whether harems or not I find most games to be typical trope filled messes. Thats why I love this game so much it doesn't focus on boring stuff like sex scenes.
I feel this so much Joshy. Only way I can enjoy a harem is if I disconnect myself from the realism aspect of it and I play just for the characters or story but not the romance and even then cant be a big one, as I find romance lackluster in most harems I have tried. Which is one reason it would never work in this game , this game is full of romance but if this had a harem it would kill any spark of romance and feel very forced and lose what makes this game so good. Which is why im happy this game will never be a harem. It's one reason this game is special for me as it's rare to find one that is full of romance , and good characters while being a solo path game and has a decent story to boot usually 1 of these suffers in other solo path games. I think even a throuple path would ruin this game in my eyes.

6pak2go

May 27, 2020
I feel this so much Joshy. Only way I can enjoy a harem is if I disconnect myself from the realism aspect of it and I play just for the characters or story but not the romance and even then cant be a big one, as I find romance lackluster in most harems I have tried. Which is one reason it would never work in this game , this game is full of romance but if this had a harem it would kill any spark of romance and feel very forced and lose what makes this game so good. Which is why im happy this game will never be a harem. It's one reason this game is special for me as it's rare to find one that is full of romance , and good characters while being a solo path game and has a decent story to boot usually 1 of these suffers in other solo path games. I think even a throuple path would ruin this game in my eyes.
1714365723511.png

Reactions: Joshy92

minibaer12

Oct 1, 2023
Well, there is currently something similar to a "Harem's Route" in this game. Um, well... you have to close both eyes. You are best friends with all 4 Lloyd's and get all the points you can get. The main target is of course Charlotte.

But I also have to admit that this route is not without risks. HillsideVN has explained that Charlotte's "problem" will be "settled" in the next updates and then the romance will be a priority.

BUT, and now comes the big BUT.

I don't have a crystal ball, but who's to say that HillsideVN won't think of incorporating relationship drama into this game? (apart from who wants THAT here!!!)

edit: Despite everything, it feels just right for me to play this path, which is my main path. It is the implementation of the MC into the Lloyd's family structure as the linchpin.

Last edited:

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Well, there is currently something similar to a "Harem's Route" in this game. Um, well... you have to close both eyes. You are best friends with all 4 Lloyd's and get all the points you can get. The main target is of course Charlotte.

But I also have to admit that this route is not without risks. HillsideVN has explained that Charlotte's "problem" will be "settled" in the next updates and then the romance will be a priority.

BUT, and now comes the big BUT.

I don't have a crystal ball, but who's to say that HillsideVN won't think of incorporating relationship drama into this game?

edit: Despite everything, it feels just right for me to play this path, which is my main path. It is the implementation of the MC into the Lloyd's family structure as the linchpin.
Honestly even tho Charlotte's romance hasn't really started much yet, I loved all the moments where she lets us in and tells us what's going on or happened to her in the past. Basically any moment where she and the MC has communication with one another like they are a couple. Even tho those moments have alot of trauma for her I find them romantic in their own way probably because it shows she trust the MC enough to let him in.

minibaer12

Oct 1, 2023
Honestly even tho Charlotte's romance hasn't really started much yet, I loved all the moments where she lets us in and tells us what's going on or happened to her in the past. Basically any moment where she and the MC has communication with one another like they are a couple. Even tho those moments have alot of trauma for her I find them romantic in their own way probably because it shows she trust the MC enough to let him in.
Not only that, for the first time in what feels like forever, she feels physically attracted to a man again.

PS: this feeling is mutual!

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
Most of the time harem games are just the worst shit because of the lack of realism. But some pearls of that genre can really by funny. That happens when a game takes itself not too serious and the content is more about fun and joking. Once in a Lifetime did that and Eternum of course. Also My Bully Is My Lover has many moments with good laughs, even when the story is a little bit dark. One can say Ripples belongs in the good game category too. But that's it. It's different when the story makes it clear right from the start that it's not about realism. This is the case with sci-fi games or superhero stories, like Glowing Stones: Heroes' Awakening for example. It doesn't bother me at all if the goal of the game is a harem. If no reference to reality is made as a claim, I naturally don't expect realism either.

minibaer12

Oct 1, 2023
Most of the time harem games are just the worst shit because of the lack of realism. But some pearls of that genre can really by funny. That happens when a game takes itself not too serious and the content is more about fun and joking. Once in a Lifetime did that and Eternum of course. Also My Bully Is My Lover has many moments with good laughs, even when the story is a little bit dark. One can say Ripples belongs in the good game category too. But that's it. It's different when the story makes it clear right from the start that it's not about realism. This is the case with sci-fi games or superhero stories, like Glowing Stones: Heroes' Awakening for example. It doesn't bother me at all if the goal of the game is a harem. If no reference to reality is made as a claim, I naturally don't expect realism either.
May I add “the cracker” to your list? Desert Stalker

The good thing about this VN on the topic of "Harem" is that you CAN watch it, but you don't HAVE to! It's the same with me: when I have a "muse", I look at it, but I usually ignore it if I can.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Not like how Charlotte literally locked MC, her man of the house, her bodyguard, paid and supposed to be on the lookout for any and all dangers while stalkers and home robbers kept breaking in and blackmailing her and Emma and Suzy - yet MC gets perma locked in the basement.

Ever heard of employers doing that or any sane family members ever? What ”relationship drama” do you need more of than that? Emma telling MC to let Zak rape his hostess and then even let her go be taken advantage of and hurt by the same asshat - not emotional devastation enough for you?
Charlotte telling MC to stand by and watch her get beaten up bad by her costars and movie execs not blood boiling devastating emotional abuse for you?
think of incorporating relationship drama into this game?
Pablo picasso and nowadays so many managers (all managers Aaliah ever had travelled through her panties yet they still killed her to shut her up while railing countless cunts on the side) movie execs, producers,directors or even costars take ”muse” into FWB lala land.
when I have a "muse", I look at it, but I usually ignore it if I can.

Naps-On-Dirt

Dec 7, 2023
Not like how Charlotte literally locked MC, her man of the house, her bodyguard, paid and supposed to be on the lookout for any and all dangers while stalkers and home robbers kept breaking in and blackmailing her and Emma and Suzy - yet MC gets perma locked in the basement.

Ever heard of employers doing that or any sane family members ever? What ”relationship drama” do you need more of than that? Emma telling MC to let Zak rape his hostess and then even let her go be taken advantage of and hurt by the same asshat - not emotional devastation enough for you?
Charlotte telling MC to stand by and watch her get beaten up bad by her costars and movie execs not blood boiling devastating emotional abuse for you?

Whatever you're smoking, I don't want any. Either you hallucinated some really dark shit into your memory of the game, or you need to better understand sentence structure and punctuation and like, basic reading comprehension. None of that happened. Charlotte did not lock the MC in a basement, or anywhere. Emma didn't tell the MC to let Zak do anything to anyone. Charlotte didn't make the MC watch her get beaten up. She did make him not interfere when she gets groped (which I hope he soon decides to disobey) but that is not nearly the same thing.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017

Whatever you're smoking, I don't want any. Either you hallucinated some really dark shit into your memory of the game, or you need to better understand sentence structure and punctuation and like, basic reading comprehension. None of that happened. Charlotte did not lock the MC in a basement, or anywhere. Emma didn't tell the MC to let Zak do anything to anyone. Charlotte didn't make the MC watch her get beaten up. She did make him not interfere when she gets groped (which I hope he soon decides to disobey) but that is not nearly the same thing.
glad I wasnt the only one thinking this when I read their post. I was legit so confused either they were spouting some random bullshit just because they think it's funny but in fact seems random. Or they just played a different game than us somehow lol.

minibaer12

Oct 1, 2023
glad I wasnt the only one thinking this when I read their post. I was legit so confused either they were spouting some random bullshit just because they think it's funny but in fact seems random. Or they just played a different game than us somehow lol.
I didn't answer him because I don't like it when passages of text are taken out of their context and made into some kind of meaningless and false statement.

I'm happy that others see it that way too.

Reactions: Dessolos

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
I didn't answer him because I don't like it when passages of text are taken out of their context and made into some kind of meaningless and false statement.

I'm happy that others see it that way too.
yeah I never respond to that person either cause of this I notice it alot of times in other post as well. I notice either they feels super random or makes no sense to me ontop of what you said.

-=CvokY=-

Samurai in retirement
Donor
Mar 20, 2021

Hi, guys.

I'm sorry, but the release of v0.15 will be delayed by one week.

New release dates are: 11th May for $5+ patrons, and 25th May for $1 patrons

Billing for May has been turned off, so you won't be charged for next month. Once the update has been released, I'll catch up with the pinups that I've missed.

Sorry about the delay. I'm under a lot of stress at the moment, things are just taking me longer to finish than they should.

DB

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
This is why I love this dev. When there is an issue DB has actual communication with us. I've seen plenty of devs that dont say a word and their update end being delayed for weeks - months
Agree. I have nothing against a week or two of delay. What I admire is DarkBlue said it on time too. Developers usually wait to the last second or they just release without any excuse a month or more late.
Thx -=CvokY=-

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
Agree. I have nothing against a week or two of delay. What I admire is DarkBlue said it on time too. Developers usually wait to the last second or they just release without any excuse a month or more late.
Thx -=CvokY=-
To be fair, some devs may wait to the last second because they hope to finish on time.
But it's always great when a dev like DarkBlue gives advance notice there will be a delay.
And it's even greater when they suspend Patreon/Subscribstar charges.

4.20 star(s) 255 Votes