VN Ren'Py Abandoned High School Crush Simulator [v0.6.1] [Bright Sun Studios]

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
I noticed both the music and the social life stuff, yeah :) Making Movies does something similar with the stat upgrades, though it doesn't use the social links the way you do.

Honey Select was an interesting choice at the time. I'm not an artist, so it provided a simple way to generate characters for the game. I actually like the visual feel of them, and the process is a lot easier and faster than Daz, but on the other hand it's a lot more limiting in terms of content, and in terms of IP ownership.
Yeah, Honey Select is much easier to use. I am planning on using it in an interesting way in this game though (High School Crush Simulator). I thought I might be able to use Honey Select's different visual style as in-universe computer generated graphics. If I went all meta and created a story side story visual novel for the main character to read in the game, I could use Honey Select to create the graphics for that and it would kind of work without players thinking 'why does the graphic style suddenly change'.

I'm not an artist either and I really had to get used to Daz Studio at first. It's quite difficult to use as a beginner. Those who have been following my other game, Blooming Love, from the beginning have seen how much I've improved. When I started I didn't use lighting at all and I had much less resources than I have now. But I have learned a lot tricks to make things look better since I started working on that. I still takes about 1.5 hours of rendering per 1920x1080 image though. That's the reason my game usually don't have tons of images. And I think setting up a scene also takes a bit longer in Daz, but I don't have enough experience with Honey Select to know that for sure.

RRHW

Feb 9, 2018
Those log files were pretty interesting. Makes me interested in seeing where the plot leads, rather than it just being an excuse for maximum sexings. I didn't even know the blue door was accessible in this version until you mentioned it, so thanks. It's pretty neat.

Beyond that, I rather like what's done so far, and based on what I've read in this thread, that won't change. I like the characters that are present, looking forward to the new ones. Shame about the dog thing, though. It never even crossed my mind earlier, but now... oh well. Regarding the Ella/Evan stuff, it doesn't seem too out of place to me, for what it's worth. A confused teenager doing something that might seem dumb to try to save a friendship isn't unbelievable. Sure, I like a pure virgin waifu as much as the next guy, but I think it's fine here.

Now for some more miscellaneous notes:

Libido is probably a better term than slut score. I know I was wondering about that one, but now it makes sense to me.

Someone mentioned the ellipses being a bit hard to see at first, and I do agree there (especially in the courtyard). That being the "..." "...." "....." scene transition bits where you have to click through three times. If the player doesn't see them (or know about them, as you do that in your other games), it can seem like the game got stuck or something for a moment. I'm not sure this is really a big problem, let alone worth changing, but maybe worth noting.

Lastly, the music resets for most of the actions when you leave the school, which can be a bit jarring (especially with the way that piece of music starts), but you seem to be aware of that.

I think that's about it. Still, nice game (your others, too, but I'm not much for commenting).

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
Those log files were pretty interesting. Makes me interested in seeing where the plot leads, rather than it just being an excuse for maximum sexings. I didn't even know the blue door was accessible in this version until you mentioned it, so thanks. It's pretty neat.

Beyond that, I rather like what's done so far, and based on what I've read in this thread, that won't change. I like the characters that are present, looking forward to the new ones. Shame about the dog thing, though. It never even crossed my mind earlier, but now... oh well. Regarding the Ella/Evan stuff, it doesn't seem too out of place to me, for what it's worth. A confused teenager doing something that might seem dumb to try to save a friendship isn't unbelievable. Sure, I like a pure virgin waifu as much as the next guy, but I think it's fine here.

Now for some more miscellaneous notes:

Libido is probably a better term than slut score. I know I was wondering about that one, but now it makes sense to me.

Someone mentioned the ellipses being a bit hard to see at first, and I do agree there (especially in the courtyard). That being the "..." "...." "....." scene transition bits where you have to click through three times. If the player doesn't see them (or know about them, as you do that in your other games), it can seem like the game got stuck or something for a moment. I'm not sure this is really a big problem, let alone worth changing, but maybe worth noting.

Lastly, the music resets for most of the actions when you leave the school, which can be a bit jarring (especially with the way that piece of music starts), but you seem to be aware of that.

I think that's about it. Still, nice game (your others, too, but I'm not much for commenting).
Oohhh... Someone cracked the log files I see. Good job.

I am aware of the music reset bug, yes. I'm still working hard on fxing it. I'm glad you enjoyed the game though. And thanks for telling me what the ellipses were all about, because I was a bit confused about that. But I suppose the scene transitions can feel a bit weird, but like you mentioned I do that in all my games to show the passage of time. I haven't really found another way to properly do that.

Reactions: phreakinowski

merigold17

May 6, 2018
So... the blue door can be opened then?

KekKoo

Apr 4, 2018
Female Protagonist. IMMEDIATELY liked. (I follow the tag ^^)

AND there's future F/M content so this is going to be directly followed and looked into. Looking forward to see how this goes! :3

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
Female Protagonist. IMMEDIATELY liked. (I follow the tag ^^)

AND there's future F/M content so this is going to be directly followed and looked into. Looking forward to see how this goes! :3
I hope you enjoy the game. If you would also enjoy having a student-teacher affair, then you'll probably like the future F/M content. My current plans are to add 3 new love interests in the next update: 1 girl and 2 guys (1 student and 1 teacher).

Reactions: phreakinowski

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
I'll be posting a Sunday Community Poll each Sunday about my games and various other topics to let you guys voice your opinion, so here is the first one:

This one is about which girl in HSCS you liked the most.

Reactions: Mikedazz1

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
I look forward to seeing what the new girl will look like hopefully she'll look like the sister. The dickless wonders I'll ignore the sister will probably jump on them since she's nothing more then a whore as far as I can see and she's probably already fucked everyone at the school but the sister by now.

I casted my vote and it seems everyone has voted for the same one so far.

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
Hmm. Interesting. The popularity poll I posted earlier shows something I wasn't expecting. Michelle dominates the other girls in popularity. She currently has the same amount of votes as the other girls combined. Damn. Well done, girl. I wonder if that's because she's the forbidden fruit the main character can't get or because her appearance/personality is actually just that popular. (Ava is the second most popular character. That does not surprise me at all though)

Solasa

Dec 18, 2017
Ava vote from me.

Nice start to the game. The option of different romance interests was something I missed in BL.

I also like the possibility of threesomes further on in the story, I think the other characters in a monogamy save would be become a bit boring if there were no chance of action with them.

I saw that you are planning to add a male teacher as a possible love interest.
Do you have any plans to add the same for a female teacher? I think an older female love interest would add some diversity when all the other females are students.

Older female teachers is also a pretty common fetish for most people I would think.

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
Ava vote from me.

Nice start to the game. The option of different romance interests was something I missed in BL.

I also like the possibility of threesomes further on in the story, I think the other characters in a monogamy save would be become a bit boring if there were no chance of action with them.

I saw that you are planning to add a male teacher as a possible love interest.
Do you have any plans to add the same for a female teacher? I think an older female love interest would add some diversity when all the other females are students.

Older female teachers is also a pretty common fetish for most people I would think.
I don't have plans for that at the moment, but I might do that in the future. I don't want to add too many different characters though, because then I wouldn't be able to dedicate enough time to each love interest.

And the (female) student council president love interest will be added before a female teacher (or any other female love interest), most likely in the next update alongside the male teacher and a male student. I do love myself some Kawakami in Persona 5 though, so the idea of adding a female teacher eventually intrigues me.

Reactions: Solasa

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
Michelle 11 Ella 3 Ava 5 Charlotte 1.

I vote Michelle because she is the best looking small breast and body I also voted for her as I like incest 2nd one would be Charlotte as her body is pretty nice looking then Ella then Ava.

Asuminoya

Jul 22, 2017
@Bright Sun Studios Looks like a good game, I'll try for sure!
Btw I also love your other game BL.

It's nice to have a dev focusing a lot on quality lesbian content. Very rare to find actually.

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
I wonder if that's because she's the forbidden fruit the main character can't get or because her appearance/personality is actually just that popular.
I think coz her personality. I'm not in the incest thing, but hope she has action with others.

Asuminoya

Jul 22, 2017
Are the Sex scenes planned to get kinky(with different fetishes), or stay mostly vanilla?

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
Are the Sex scenes planned to get kinky(with different fetishes), or stay mostly vanilla?
Both. It depends on which girl you go with. Charlotte will have public sex. Ava will be what you probably what you expect it to be (if you've read her story). Ella will stay pretty vanilla, but she'll add music to the sex because music is so important to her (she might also eventually dabble into some bestiality due to her affinity with animals, but I'm currently still consider if that's a good idea or not).

Other kinkier things include: An unlockable fetish for the main character that makes her happy each time she takes something in her vagina/ass that is bigger than the current 'biggest penetration' in her notebook, a lot more unique sex toys, a glory hole storyline, 'who can cum the quickest/hold it in the longest' competitions and more. Keep in mind that all of these are currently just ideas and some might never see the light of day.

If you're already looking for a bit more kinky content for this game, I'd suggest checking out the 'Mod' section on this website (it was the top mod when I noticed it earlier today, so it probably shouldn't be hard to find).

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes