VN Ren'Py Abandoned High Life [Ep. 1 Elite] [Erosion]

4.70 star(s) 26 Votes

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
I find it hard to argue with you. I-it has nothing to do with your avatar, just saying, so you know :coldsweat:

Obviously, joke aside, i think this game offers the perfect compromise. Mom looks just as wonderful in my eyes. No need to pump up Ele when there is mommy dearest. On the route where we can bring the two together in sweet lewd love, we get both! Win-win.
I'm going the completely heterosexual route, I might be weird like that but F/F content does nothing for me sexually, haha. :p

Alice Bunny

Aug 15, 2017
I think the Dev actually did a great job in this regard. You'll notice ellipsis (...) after such internal thoughts, if you make the more bi-curious/lesbian leaning choices. That's meant to signify a pause in the thought process where she's questioning her own thoughts. Thoughts that have simply been ingrained in her by a reserved mother (the MC being as well) and society in general. "She's a girl, she is supposed to like guys." But now we take a journey with her where she begins to question these predispositions.
100% that but i can rp as her so yea :D

Reactions: Eerie Entity

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
And gained a lot of other players!
Generally I don't like to play FemPro stories much at all, but J.O.H.N. and High Life has actually broadened my horizon and am much more open-minded now about such stories, these two are perfect examples of GREAT FemPro stories. If more FemPro VNs like this comes out in the future, I'm more open to giving them a go now. So yeah, that person said this VN lost so many players, but it has gained me, a person who not so long ago would've walked past this without looking twice, and I think that speaks volume to just how great this one is :)

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
huh haven't seen that one i will have to check it out
Which game is this?
It's a short for Jessica O'Neil's Hard News, absolutely great VN, great renders and I really like playing that investigative journalist stuff, like you're on a quest to discover something dark or stuff like that, and then expose the truth to the public :p
It also has lots of fetishes to offer, if that's something of high importance :)

Alice Bunny

Aug 15, 2017
It's a short for Jessica O'Neil's Hard News, absolutely great VN, great renders and I really like playing that investigative journalist stuff, like you're on a quest to discover something dark or stuff like that, and then expose the truth to the public :p
It also has lots of fetishes to offer, if that's something of high importance :)
thank you <3

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
thank you <3
Haha, you're welcome :)
The sex scenes, especially the morning sex scene right at the start is beautiful, VERY smooth animations. And there's lots of thought put into even the smallest details :)
But it's also the fact that you can choose how she handles different things, like, she can be completely professional and honest, or she can be like "In exchange for your information, how about I blow you?", you know :p
I of course play the non-corrupt way, loyal to her boyfriend :p

But anyway, this thread is about High Life, not other games, so I'll just end this one here, hope you'll enjoy J.O.H.N. :)

Reactions: Alice Bunny

Walg

Visual art is my magnet. Currently inactive
GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
I never said there wont be lesbian action, I said its not an lesbian game like someone claimed.
That's what I get for multi-tasking :coldsweat: Yeah not a full lesbian game.

I think Erosion is a team... one person trying to do all that will be very difficult. Even EvaKiss is losing story momentum having to advance every single story branch by herself. It's a difficult enough creative task without having to worry about the art as well. Games like this are best done as a team effort.

I could be mistaken though. If you're a one-person operation, Erosion... I wish you the best of luck because I don't want games like these to die. :D
@Erosion is definitely a team. If you want to, have a look at some of the earlier @fauxplayer posts as it mentions some of the dev team.

Erosion Games posted
Development Update #3 - August 27th, 2018

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ETA All the pics disappeared, so I reupped them as files

mentions a rape scene. Is that avoidable?

Hello! how long to wait for some mother daughter stuff?
From the dev, updates will be a max 2 month wait between eps and aiming for one month if there's more support.

The other thing I really liked is how much detail they have on the other minor characters. I mean as much of a typical stuck-up popular girl Chloe is, her render is pretty hot. So much detail with her and same with Phoebe too. Wonder if there's a f harem route? :coldsweat:

Olivia_V

Jun 5, 2017
The renders are nicely detailed, but the devs are not above having their nice visual quirks.

Like, ever notice how a lot of Eleanor's solo shots look as if there's a fan constantly blowing in her face? :D Even inside the bus?

Walg

GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
The renders are nicely detailed, but the devs are not above having their nice visual quirks.

Like, ever notice how a lot of Eleanor's solo shots look as if there's a fan constantly blowing in her face? :D Even inside the bus?
Maybe the window was open? ;)

No I agree it's like they set up a full photoshoot on the bus but still I haven't seen too many dev/dev teams that put out this quality on renders and storyline as their Ep 1

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Maybe the window was open? ;)

No I agree it's like they set up a full photoshoot on the bus but still I haven't seen too many dev/dev teams that put out this quality on renders and storyline as their Ep 1
Yeah, you can tell that this team is definitely all-in with this one, they have love and passion for their story they want to tell and their art, and I definitely appreciate it, it's hard work they're doing and already accomplished quite a bit, and it was indeed just episode 1, pretty damn big for episode 1 too at that :)

JJI

Jun 18, 2017
View attachment 160647
Overview:

The future of an 18-year-old girl is immeasurably thrown into doubt when her cool but troubled best friend introduces her to a world of sex, drugs and alcohol.

Eleanor is a bright, talented student from a respectable family. Her teenage years seem to be panning out just fine, until a series of events causes her transition into young adulthood to begin spiralling out of control. Follow Eleanor as she attempts to traverse one of the most impactful crossroads of life - university.

High Life is about choosing your sexuality. Boys, girls or both. Fulfil Eleanor's dream of a happy relationship with the perfect boy, or let her succumb to sexual promiscuity and desire.

Updated: 10-Oct-2018
Developer/Publisher:
Censorship: None
Version: Episode 1
Language: English
Genre:

Installation:

Download:

PC: - -
Mac: - -

Highly original female-perspective game. You can really feel important choices being made.

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Excellent start. One of the best I've seen so far with female protag VN style. My only worry is that it might go heavily incest which is stupid enough with male protag but with female it's like plot-killing move. For now it doesn't seem so time will tell. Writing is excellent so far and renders ain't that far behind. Can't really judge importance of choices but they kinda resemble those in GGGB. I will definitely observe that one. Maybe even pledge if it goes in a right direction within a couple of updates.

Reactions: Danjuro83

Walg

GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
Yeah, you can tell that this team is definitely all-in with this one, they have love and passion for their story they want to tell and their art, and I definitely appreciate it, it's hard work they're doing and already accomplished quite a bit, and it was indeed just episode 1, pretty damn big for episode 1 too at that :)
On top of that, if a female player played this, they could relate which is part of their captivating art and combined with the renders and player choice, this is a very rare game to stumble across from a passionate dev team.

EDIT: Just ask @Enyos
After playing with Ren'Py scripting recently, I'll have mass respect for Erosion if the paths really do branch significantly. This project is a massive undertaking to balance the story along so many separate arcs, on top of very empathetic (and some possible deviant) creative writing. I was very similar to this MC in high school, so the back story has already gotten me hooked. :)

any walkthrough's for this yet?
Not yet but if you played it a little you can work out what choices lead to what paths in the upcoming eps.

4.70 star(s) 26 Votes