Hi

ilyo

Sep 6, 2018
Hello,

I wasn't into visual novel before, not liking reading much, but gave it try after being bored by most game, ao rated or not, I mostly tried vn for ao stuff at first but then also enjoyed some stories and characterisations.

I decided to sign up after recently found out about the forum and lurk a little for news and discussions about some games, I don't comment much on forums nowaday but could about some games and advice on developments.

I was thinking about making an ao game but I am not good enough at story and characterisation, and because I began a game long ago, still in development, and was thinking about making an ao version of it, but I am still not sure because its main plot isn't about this and it could end up being a dumb and needless bonus.

katarne04

Jun 9, 2017
hi & welcome!

cool. there's at least one game that's here that's not adults-only. I have played it somewhere. Anyways, i'm sure there are others here that may give you advice on how to develop your game. There's even a section dedicated for that stuff here.

I believe that doing this game can be worth your time as you would at least have a game you made that's in progress or even completed. usually, your first game isn't your last game unless you want it to be. the process and development may inspire you to do more for your next game and all!

for helping to tell your story, all I can recommend is read more books and visual novels. reading can help you become creative in how your story unfolds for the player. What i found is how some games are fun AF and have the balance of sex and story surprisingly. There's a few games here that made me outright lol my pants off. Other games, help me guilty fap cause yeah, its messed up but the sex scenes are done well enough for me.

to me, the adults-only scenes are a way to keep them engaged in your game. your game needs to reward its players. I dont know. for something here, lets take a cookie cutter approach for this. I'd imagine it could be a simple dream or fantasy about how the MC is horny for someone. It can be introduced with peek to see the silhouette of a person. A tease for whats to come perhaps. Maybe it could lead a following scene where the main character slowly examines the body of the person from head to toe. This person could be in a bikini or swimwear. the camera would zoom in to each feature, admiring the beauty of the body - the way the contours of the character curve in all the right places then the mc may finally admit how smitten, infatuated he/she has become over this character. so we go from fantasizing to peeking, a progression from internal feelings to maybe physical interaction. What I've seen many games do is expose you to the nudity or situations where it be: these are your choices. the decision would fall in the player on how the mc responds. Finally a payoff would be something sexual or not. Not everyone wins afterall but in your game, players can win if they hold themselves back long enough to unleash a lust or love for this character or the mc is left frantic, frustrated for them. It can even lead him to other experiences with other characters or something. The story just needs to be enough to satisfy players. The game story could be the progressive scenes and the ending can reveal the fate of all the choices made by the players.

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
Hello,

I wasn't into visual novel before, not liking reading much, but gave it try after being bored by most game, ao rated or not, I mostly tried vn for ao stuff at first but then also enjoyed some stories and characterisations.

I decided to sign up after recently found out about the forum and lurk a little for news and discussions about some games, I don't comment much on forums nowaday but could about some games and advice on developments.

I was thinking about making an ao game but I am not good enough at story and characterisation, and because I began a game long ago, still in development, and was thinking about making an ao version of it, but I am still not sure because its main plot isn't about this and it could end up being a dumb and needless bonus.
Welcome!

ilyo

Sep 6, 2018
Thank fo the welcome all.

I can add that I am mostly into 3dcg, a little of toon and pixel art,
the character that appeal to me the most are redhead,
I hate grinding.

Thank for your advice @katarne04.

I downloaded daz to see what it look like and it doesn't look too complicated after being well used to blender even if I don't use it for realistic cg render.
About story I really don't know, I have some ideas of dialogues but not much than and certainly not enough for story, like you said some game mostly really on visual so I could try this at first but I need to dig more into daz for this.

As for an ao version of my own game, it's mostly low poly and there is only one human characters, the main playable which is a woman (I quickly did a man for the sake equality but it has nothing more than a model and rely on the same skeleton and animations), and all enemy are robots, so it would probably be like some others games where there are oa scene when defeated and I could add some bits in the little story I already have but not much beyond that.