• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Hi everyone, Trickdream here!

Trickdream

Dec 13, 2023
Hello everyone, I'd like to introduce myself.
We are Trickdream studios, a small studio formed by two friends with the aim of developing a game in our spare time.

Although we are only two we are quite ambitious with the project because we want to develop a game with entertaining gameplay (RPG type) along with erotic mechanics (even with sex, but giving priority to the eroticism).

Our idea comes from testing several popular games (RPG type) from this forum that include sex mechanics. In their vast majority many of them give absolute priority to sex scenes (we know that is what usually interests us the most) but we see also important the development of gameplay mechanics, such as a decent combat, clear objectives/missions, attractive map design, etc..

In short, instead of making a game about sex and then adding some/few RPG mechanics to it, we bet on developing a simple RPG game perfectly playable (roguelike, dungeons, armors, weapons, spells, etc...) and then add the erotic/sexual components (lingerie, nudity, sex, etc...).

The idea is also that in the future we can publish a SFW (or almost SFW) version on platforms like steam and add the NSFW content separately for those who are interested.

By the way, we have already published our patreon where you can see in detail our objectives and to take us seriously you can directly try our demo.

Trickdream

Dec 13, 2023
btw, to show how the development of my game is progressing, I have to post an entry in the "Programming, Development & Art" subforum?
Or since we already have a working demo of the game and a name, can I post directly in the "Games" subforum?

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Welcome to F95Zone!

btw, to show how the development of my game is progressing, I have to post an entry in the "Programming, Development & Art" subforum?
Or since we already have a working demo of the game and a name, can I post directly in the "Games" subforum?
If you are developing your game and do not have any release yet, you can create a thread here: https://f95zone.to/forums/programming-development-art.73/ (Development thread, you can see some examples there).
Once you have a release ready, follow this thread: https://f95zone.to/threads/how-to-post-a-new-game.159990/

Trickdream

Dec 13, 2023
:O cool!
Thanks for the info, I guess I'll first post an entry in Development thread to see how it all works and when I'm clear I'll follow the procedure to send a "Game Request".

cooldude33

Jun 1, 2017
Welcome and good luck! Don't stretch yourself thin and don't promise the world to the people and you'll be fine. I've seen plenty of developers burn out from a combination of promising way too much from the beginning, not being able to deliver and people clowning on them afterwards.

Reactions: Trickdream

Trickdream

Dec 13, 2023
Welcome and good luck! Don't stretch yourself thin and don't promise the world to the people and you'll be fine. I've seen plenty of developers burn out from a combination of promising way too much from the beginning, not being able to deliver and people clowning on them afterwards.
Thank you for your advice!
Yes, we want to take development very seriously but we clearly know our limitations, we are only two people and we don't work exclusively on the development of the game (we have other main jobs).
Luckily we have experience in developing video games (one of our team members is a programmer) and multimedia content.

That's why we want to go step by step with the development, mechanics by mechanics, rather than launching technical demos that won't lead to anything, especially a final product that can be published on steam.

Trickdream

Dec 13, 2023
Right now we are mainly focused on the clothing system, after that we will advance in the combat system and partially in the character customization system (we already have it advanced but without user interface).

Reactions: cooldude33