Ren'Py Completed Hentasia - The Rod of Power [v1.1] [Gurdin Alehammer]

4.10 star(s) 8 Votes

kajidiablo

Apr 8, 2018
well with 0.6 its going to probably be short,no real story, scenes are meh, kinda sad because i enjoyed the artwork and premise. honestly i would get rid of gold completely and make all the gift items part of the quests because other then the required 5 gold to sleep at the inn its just repetitive grinding and could instead be used to add additional dialogue which is sorely lacking for any real character development of anyone besides help me/fight me, fuck me, see ya later lol

Cl909

Jun 8, 2017
For anyone who think gold are hard to get, buy potion of vitality (get extra 1 HP for 1 day), save before you go hunt (to make sure you get your gold back) and spent 3 HP for hunting. This way in 1 day you spend 12 gold and at most adventures could get you 40 gold in 1 go.

After that buy mythril armor, so you get permanent +1 HP (3HP total).

kajidiablo

Apr 8, 2018
not hard to get just incredibly boring and repetitive especially once your at 4 hp and its just spamming hunt monster,blacksmith,sleep also i think sucubus quest from tina? i think her name was in the tavern (right chick not the dwarf lol) gave one hp i think so you have 3, then just save for bb armor for the 4th

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
For anyone who think gold are hard to get, buy potion of vitality (get extra 1 HP for 1 day), save before you go hunt (to make sure you get your gold back) and spent 3 HP for hunting. This way in 1 day you spend 12 gold and at most adventures could get you 40 gold in 1 go.

After that buy mythril armor, so you get permanent +1 HP (3HP total).
Even easier and cheaper... talk to the figther girl and go after the succubus, strip her and drop your pants=auto win and you get 1 HP as reward

Reactions: Gabaw

Darting run

Jan 11, 2018
I am gonna check this game asap. We don't have enough games with "management" theme. Artwork is not top notch but decent, I guess.

Btw: Can u add the change log section? That would help me follow the game. Pls.

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017
I'm pretty sure you just have to launch the .sh file....
renpy games are totally compatible on linux
i did that,problem was,it crashed just as it started,so some kind of line probably cant be read properly and ends the program as soon as it starts....

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Bug I found... useing the skills learned from previous monster battles are completly buged...
used Goblin punch against Thetis... text described how the Goblin girl responded on being targeted.
Next Battle used the Goblin punch against Succubus... this time Thetis complained about me useing the same attack twice

Reactions: Gurdin

McKraken

May 13, 2017
+ Cute, sexy art
+ Cute, decently-funny writing
+ "Battle" system is nice to experiment with while avoiding being annoying

/ No real reason to sleep in the inn, as the minor inconvenience of having to sleep in the streets twice/three times still easily beats lower profit margins and the subsequent slower grind. Assume this will be tuned as the game develops, hopefully done well.

- While the I like the art, I found that adding "progress" to the sex scenes by just throwing on motion lines and the ending money shot didn't feel good. It would be nice to have more involved progress art, whether that mean changing facial expressions or adjusting poses/compositions.

Reactions: Paranoid_android

Gurdin

Game Developer
Aug 9, 2018
Wow, there's a lot to go through! I'm the dev by the way! ;)

First off, MEGA links and a linux version! I'll add these to the patreon page for version 0.8 as well. Here is version 0.6 though:
Linux:
Windows:
Mac:

Some people mentioned bugs. Some of them shouldn't be too difficult to fix. So I'll get to that. Thanks for mentioning them, it's hard to find everything. :D

Is this linear or sandbox?
It's leaning more towards a sandbox style game. Starts off linear.

i hope he doesnt abandon this 1 as well
I haven't abandoned any games before, and I don't intend to do it with this one. :)

I am gonna check this game asap. We don't have enough games with "management" theme. Artwork is not top notch but decent, I guess.

Btw: Can u add the change log section? That would help me follow the game. Pls.
Have fun! Always trying to improve my art! And you want a change log on the patreon overview page, if I understand correctly? Or here on the forum maybe?

I hope in future updates gonna be some sexy busty furry characters
Better save up the gold for the brothel, my friend! ;)

Several people also mentioned that they owuld like some more variation/life in the sex scenes. I'm going to add a money-shot facial expression to the scenes, which I think will help a lot. I'm always looking for ways to improve my work. Have also thought about animation, but it's always a amount of work vs value comparison. As a player I usually prefer more characters and scenes over slight animation. Although if the animation is really good that could change scales. I'd love to hear all your opinions on this though!

I'm also learning about game-making as I go. So the projects will remain fairly small, but as I learn more I'll be able to put more interesting game mechanics in. I'd like to make a proper RPG, and RPGmaker is easy, but I also don't like the overdone look of it. Again, would love to hear your thoughts.

Sorry for the wall of text! ;)

4.10 star(s) 8 Votes