• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Wolf RPG Help with translating Wolf RPG System

Aug 12, 2022
Not sure if this is the right forum (do feel free to move this thread if you don't feel like it fits) but I am currently translating a Wolf RPG Editor game. Not using MTL because they suck but manually by hand because I speak Japanese. I managed to translate the game menu, however, the thing I am struggling with is translating the thing that says "- システム設定 -", which means system settings. I've searched through all of the common events and data bases but I cannot find any strings that say "‐システム設定‐". I tried emailing the creator/translator of the WRPG English version but they haven't responded yet, and I don't think they will since the site is pretty much dead. But if anybody here has experience translating with WRPG Editor, then I would appreciate your help. Thank you.

1674080217758.png

Snow972

Dec 4, 2017
Hello, I am trying to translate a game "RPG Wolf". Do you have any tips or tricks to prevent it from getting corrupted?
I am using "++translator"

Surgy

Modder
Apr 23, 2018
Snow972: Don't repack it back to the .wolf archive. Replace BasicData/Game.dat with that of the original game because it probably uses an outdated algorithm that breaks its proper format on edit. Maps and CommonEvents should still probably work but some stuff using named variables may be tricky and require WolfRPG Editor to fix (not a newbie-friendly stuff). And don't ever touch the tags (stuff like \letter[digit] in the scripts) or the game will definitely not work as expected.

Reactions: Snow972
Apr 15, 2020
Not sure if this is the right forum (do feel free to move this thread if you don't feel like it fits) but I am currently translating a Wolf RPG Editor game. Not using MTL because they suck but manually by hand because I speak Japanese. I managed to translate the game menu, however, the thing I am struggling with is translating the thing that says "- システム設定 -", which means system settings. I've searched through all of the common events and data bases but I cannot find any strings that say "‐システム設定‐". I tried emailing the creator/translator of the WRPG English version but they haven't responded yet, and I don't think they will since the site is pretty much dead. But if anybody here has experience translating with WRPG Editor, then I would appreciate your help. Thank you.

View attachment 2321233
hey im trying to TL a wolf RPG game as well but i cant figure out how to. my game doesnt have the basic game data and the gothic editor.dat files