Help with patreon

Longfellow Earl

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
Google translation

Hi everyone, I said in a previous post that I would soon post a game, the demo is over and I would like to find someone to help me create my page patreon
so if someone speaking french and english is kind enough to help me, it would help me a lot;)

in reward for your help I will send you the link of the game before it is posted on patreon and on f95zone

thank you ;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Salut a tous, j'ai dit dans un autre poste que j'allais bientot sortir un jeu, la demo est fini et j'aimerais trouver quelqu'un pour m'aider a crée ma page patreon, donc si quelqu'un parlant francais et anglais aurait la gentillesse de m'aider, ca m'aiderait beaucoup ;)

en recompense de votre aide je vous enverrai le lien du jeu avant qu'il ne soit poster sur patreon et sur f95zone

merci ;)

f95zoneuser463

Game Developer
Aug 14, 2017
I have created a Patreon page circa 5 month ago for a project I am working on, but I have not launched it yet.

As far as I remember you MUST fill out an US-tax formular "W8-BEN" to be able to launch it if you are outside the USA. I assume you live in France. Read point 9,10 and 11 here to understand why:

Obviously this requires personal information and then from a security perspective it is a horrible idea to let someone else create your Patreon. I other words: Do it yourself and avoid being ripped off my random internet-persons that want to "help".

I am german and I did fill it out very careful by reading some german laws and following various online-information. Note that the form requires different information from country to country. Following some stupid YouTube-videos from other countries is a bad idea. They don't even mention that, are outdated sometimes or just wrong!

This will not be easy with bad english skills because you may to dig thru some tax-law articles of your country. To fill it out correctly the form requires the article-number of some tax-law (or I believe it was called a country-to-country tax-agreement or something) in your country. Don't quote me on that. It's just what I remember from a few month ago.

Maybe it would be a good idea to contact some other french Patreon-Creators and ask them for help with the formular. Setting up the other Patreon stuff like Goals/Tiers etc is easy.

Reactions: Göffel

Longfellow Earl

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
ok thank you I will inquire, I hope to be helped by another creator precisely, anyway thank you ;)

edit : thank you I found how to fill the form w-8ben for France ;)